$200 dollar budget!
Oct 14, 2012 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

soccerdu25

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I need a new pair of headphones for under $200 ( it can go a little over if needed )
I certainly would like to spend as little as possible, but don't get me wrong here I want quality!
I would like them to look pretty cool, but that is all personal to me, so just send me what you think is best.

What I listen to:

Dubstep
Coldplay
U2
Train
Dave matthews band
Mumford and sons
ETC<

What I'm looking for:
Quality
Crispness
AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
Looks ( but don't substitute for quality )
Over ear

What I am currently looking at:

V-moda Crossfade LP2

Audio Technica ATH-M50

Thanks,
Soccerdu25

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 12
The V_Moda M80 over ear headphones are amazing sounding for the price and they built tough. Other Headphones like Focal Spirit ONE, Philips Fidelo L1, Harmen Kardon BT and Ultrasone are rrecommended too.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
I am not too big of a fan of the on ear headphones

Outside the M80s he mentioned, all of them are over ear...  I have only heard the Philips Fidelio L1 in that list (M80s as well).  They would work for what you want.  They'll fit what you're looking for as well in terms of build, sound, etc. 

Edit: they aren't 200 /facepalm  Sorry about that. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 12
The M50 earpads are so small they're almost over-ear if your ears are slightly large. They pinched the edge of my ears so I ended up replacing the pads with Shure 840/940 pads and now they're perfect.

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 12
How about UE6000, they look good, are right at $200 and when in Noise Cancelling mode are also supposed to be bass heavy which would allow for a change up in the sound for when you want it... Great reviews on them as well.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 12
personally i wouldn't go with the lp2s as they are very unbalanced. The heavy bass would be suitable for the dubstep you listen to, but for Coldplay/Mumord and Sons etc... they wouldn't be that great. But build quality wise, you can't get much better than the lp2s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back