200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock.
Sep 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #106 of 118
Sep 15, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #108 of 118
That's really good news 
normal_smile .gif

But since it's the only store there, I think their prices would be much higher than getting the headphones online... 

Quote:
Good news! I found a store here in Stockholm where I can try out like all headphones that I'm interested in, even Grados, WOHO!

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #111 of 118
I'm a bit surprised that this thread is disregarding the ultrasone 900 ,
and from what I've understood the bass the bass is quite  different from xb1000.
There's a comparison here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552034/final-thoughts-sony-mdr-xb1000-vs-ultrasone-pro-900-who-is-the-bass-king-pictures
But yet, I'm not sure which will fit best my tastes according to the description.
A thing is sure, I  like better the ultrasone design, the ability to fold it, just like the srh940.
However the ultrasone 900 need amping....

Also, you could consider the denon D2000, according to reviews (and the graphs too)  they have good bass, without being "bass monsters".

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #112 of 118

Quote:

What's it called??

http://www.referenceaudio.se/ UNTZ UNTZ!

Quote:
and from what I've understood the bass the bass is quite  different from xb1000.
There's a comparison here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552034/final-thoughts-sony-mdr-xb1000-vs-ultrasone-pro-900-who-is-the-bass-king-pictures
But yet, I'm not sure which will fit best my tastes according to the description.
A thing is sure, I  like better the ultrasone design, the ability to fold it, just like the srh940.
However the ultrasone 900 need amping....

Also, you could consider the denon D2000, according to reviews (and the graphs too)  they have good bass, without being "bass monsters".

Yeah, I'm not sure what to believe, so I'm going to try them out for myself!

Will also try the Denon D2000!

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #113 of 118
Cough cough.
Attention plox.

He wants headphones for rock.. but his most favourite aspect of rock is the bass (drums + guitar). I think getting something that's too bassy won't suit him.

Quote:

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #114 of 118

Quote:
Cough cough.
Attention plox.

He wants headphones for rock.. but his most favourite aspect of rock is the bass (drums + guitar). I think getting something that's too bassy won't suit him.

The IE8  he likes, are able  to deliver huge bass. If it's drums + guitar, I'd be tempted to say srh940.  But grados (and allessandros) are known to be best for rock.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #116 of 118
 I've got the 125is and they are so amazing. Try listening to map of your head by Muse. Definitely my favorite song on these, and enjoy listening. If you do end up getting these, I would always love to buy them from you for less than retail once you're done with them
gs1000.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #117 of 118
My favourite song on my SR60 is The Killers - This River is Wild.

I recommend it 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
 I've got the 125is and they are so amazing. Try listening to map of your head by Muse. Definitely my favorite song on these, and enjoy listening. If you do end up getting these, I would always love to buy them from you for less than retail once you're done with them
gs1000.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #118 of 118

Quote:
gs1000.gif

Haha, if I buy them, I will probably never part with them! But I'll be sure to tell you if I feel the urge to upgrade! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back