1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jan 1, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,531 of 1,586
Please send me those cursed ceramic tweeters!
Unfortunately i threw it away :slight_frown:

Since new, my Slivers have had a loose right-hand reflex plate. That round, plastic glassy thing you see behind "grille". Tried to tighten by dis-assembling, repositioning and reassembling with a bit more torque on the screws. Did not work!

Assembling on these is a little tricky. Once you loosen the three screws that hold the driver to the body i found that there are some loose parts like, there's nothing holding them together just mounted on top of each other.

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,533 of 1,586
For those that have had the Triples and had them either break or moved onto something new with a similar sound signature, what did you move to and how do they compare?
I have Triples. You could consider ATH-WP900. I think WP900 have a similar signature but more refined sound technically. They're also a bit more coherent due to single driver. I think both have more sub than mid bass focus, somewhat recessed mids, good treble extension, with tonality leaning on colder side. Both are portable closed-backs that are fairly easy to drive with similar power requirement: Triples are rated 32/104, while WP900 is rated 38/100.

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #1,534 of 1,586
I have Triples. You could consider ATH-WP900. I think WP900 have a similar signature but more refined sound technically. They're also a bit more coherent due to single driver. I think both have more sub than mid bass focus, somewhat recessed mids, good treble extension, with tonality leaning on colder side. Both are portable closed-backs that are fairly easy to drive with similar power requirement: Triples are rated 32/104, while WP900 is rated 38/100.
Great info, thanks! I don't think I've come across the WP900 before now - off I go to research!

Mar 25, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #1,536 of 1,586
These are nice headphones but they are way much more expensive then the 1MORE H1707! So sonic wise might be close but mot in the same price range.
I would consider WP900 an upgrade to H1707. For a quality sidegrade in same price range I would look at Monolith M565C. Easy to drive for planar, portable, closed-back. Great sub bass and not warm.

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,538 of 1,586
i have all three headphones i mentioned. if you have any questions about m565c check out the dedicated thread and feel free to pm me.

going back to triples, i originally got the strange red version that was returned to channel imbalance which i mentioned a few pages back. but i was still interested in them and got the common silver ones. silver triples eventually developed an issue as well with variable bass levels occurring from head movement. i unscrewed the plastic glass cover, wiped everything down, and put back together. no issues now. i think plastic glass might have not been secured properly. i cleaned off the dust and tiny dirt speckles accumulated between the plastic glass and where it sits on the cup.

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,539 of 1,586
I had the regular gold/black ,no problems with them ,got them for portable sound,walls jogging etc. The problem was that they were to small for my head ,even-though i use
smaller headphones for running they open up allot and don't bother my head .I tried 3d printing rings to put after market pads on them and leave the original intact but sound changed with after market pads. Their sound is good ,quite good,if you don't move allot and listen with them ok but with larger head or ears you might have a problem.
So i sold them to a friend and he likes them allot.The problem will be when pads will need replacement since no one makes a exact replacement. Depends on the use though they might last allot but i had expensive DJ headphones (due to my hobby) with minimal use that had their pads degenerate in the boxes or closet with no use!
Anyway besides that i find that they are quite good listening phones ,woudnt call them reference but they are enjoyable for a nice walk !

Apr 19, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,540 of 1,586
I just received my 1more and am not impressed with the sound and the build quality. The glass on the right side was a bit loose making noise at the slightest movement and sound muffled, with louder bass and a close soundstage while the left side was more clear and open. I have a pair of X2HR and wanted these closed back to listen to more bass heavy songs and movies with lot of explosions and such but it feels like an overall downgrade. I feel the punch of the bass, tighter than the x2 but that’s about it. Voices are confused and I really don’t understand the left/right sound difference. I inverted the cable, turned the headphones and definitely not my ears. Payed them €120 and as much as I want to like them it’s a no for me. And I like bass heavy headphones..

Apr 19, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #1,541 of 1,586
I just received my 1more and am not impressed with the sound and the build quality. The glass on the right side was a bit loose making noise at the slightest movement and sound muffled, with louder bass and a close soundstage while the left side was more clear and open. I have a pair of X2HR and wanted these closed back to listen to more bass heavy songs and movies with lot of explosions and such but it feels like an overall downgrade. I feel the punch of the bass, tighter than the x2 but that’s about it. Voices are confused and I really don’t understand the left/right sound difference. I inverted the cable, turned the headphones and definitely not my ears. Payed them €120 and as much as I want to like them it’s a no for me. And I like bass heavy headphones..
Interesting take.

I was coming from the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm and prefer the 1more. I think it's something about the dual driver setup, particularly the ceramic tweeter..

I'd say the DT770 hit differently with the bass (better? More slam and impact) but overall with a little EQ I definitely prefer the 1more (they don't seem to adapt much to EQ).

I did only pay £65 for mine (used) though.

Apr 19, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #1,542 of 1,586
Interesting take.

I was coming from the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm and prefer the 1more. I think it's something about the dual driver setup, particularly the ceramic tweeter..

I'd say the DT770 hit differently with the bass (better? More slam and impact) but overall with a little EQ I definitely prefer the 1more (they don't seem to adapt much to EQ).

I did only pay £65 for mine (used) though.
Most say good stuff about these headphones and call them fun but not suited for clinical listening, with bass that hits different than other hp, warm sound and still a clear sound. That’s exactly what I wanted and I don’t know if a replace would be better than a refund. Is it common for these headphones to have one side more bass heavy? I saw someone saying that you can open them up and seal them properly and it solves the issue but I don’t want to go down that road since they are new. Also, how am I supposed to know which channel has the correct sound 😂

Apr 19, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #1,543 of 1,586
Most say good stuff about these headphones and call them fun but not suited for clinical listening, with bass that hits different than other hp, warm sound and still a clear sound. That’s exactly what I wanted and I don’t know if a replace would be better than a refund. Is it common for these headphones to have one side more bass heavy? I saw someone saying that you can open them up and seal them properly and it solves the issue but I don’t want to go down that road since they are new. Also, how am I supposed to know which channel has the correct sound 😂
I have had the common issue of the sound (bass) being almost muffled (distorted in a way) I guess? Solved by pushing the glass in a bit.

Not spotted the guide on how to seal them up, would be interested to see what's involved though!

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #1,544 of 1,586
Jun 8, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #1,545 of 1,586
From what they said when I wrote to them, yes, they have discontinued the silver version. If you look at their page now, the copper ones are next on the chopping block too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back