1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Apr 22, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #1,156 of 1,586
Just ordered a gold pair from 1More's official store on AliExpress for about 120€.
I'm a huge Sony MDR-V6 user and I can't wait to hear how they'll compare.
Gonna partially use them with a Fiio X1. Do you guys think it is worth it to get a portable amp to drive them better or they'll be fine?

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,157 of 1,586
Just ordered a gold pair from 1More's official store on AliExpress for about 120€.
I'm a huge Sony MDR-V6 user and I can't wait to hear how they'll compare.
Gonna partially use them with a Fiio X1. Do you guys think it is worth it to get a portable amp to drive them better or they'll be fine?

They are technically fine to drive with most decent phones or DAP, but if you do use an amp it will give the ceramic driver more power and it will definitely improve the treble. So it’s up to you - it’s not an absolute necessity, but it does benefit from an amp.

Now, if your phone is a clunker that is known to have poor audio (like some older Samsung Galaxies for example), then I would at least consider something like an EarStudio ES100 (wireless), or a wired DAC dongle (Meizu DAC Pro, xduoo Link, ibasso DC02, etc) if you don’t want to lug around a stackable amp.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #1,158 of 1,586
They are technically fine to drive with most decent phones or DAP, but if you do use an amp it will give the ceramic driver more power and it will definitely improve the treble. So it’s up to you - it’s not an absolute necessity, but it does benefit from an amp.

Now, if your phone is a clunker that is known to have poor audio (like some older Samsung Galaxies for example), then I would at least consider something like an EarStudio ES100 (wireless), or a wired DAC dongle (Meizu DAC Pro, xduoo Link, ibasso DC02, etc) if you don’t want to lug around a stackable amp.
In other words, don't drive it with that Samsung Galaxy S III from Consumer Cellular.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #1,160 of 1,586
May 2, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #1,164 of 1,586
I find these cable from luna shop it says old style for he400i and they have a option for balanced

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-02-21-35-44.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-02-21-35-44.png
    670.2 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #1,165 of 1,586
Just dusted these things off (they've been sitting in a storage box). I'm definitely getting a new appreciation for how good these are and thinking about the Beats mod.

Sheepskin earpads for $12 after 40% off coupon.
https://www.amazon.com/VEVER-Replacement-Sheepskin-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B07WFGH6TW/
Ordered a pair. Thanks!

I work from home, so I am always self-isolating. But my wife is now also working from home (ie 15 feet from me), and she talks A LOT on the phone. This means that in order to drown out the noise, I am listening to my H1707's even more than usual. This is not a bad thing! Except that my ears have lately been whispering to me "It's time. It's time."

So, it's time to soon mutilate my stock pads and to do the Beats pad mod! I need to find the appropriate pads, for an appropriate price, from a source that ships to Canada.

Hmm, amazon.ca seems to options. See spoiler:

I can't decide, so I might just go for the $13.99 ones (which seem to have pretty good reviews). But if anyone has some wise words for me, I'm all (a bit sore) ears!

May 4, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #1,166 of 1,586
I work from home, so I am always self-isolating. But my wife is now also working from home (ie 15 feet from me), and she talks A LOT on the phone. This means that in order to drown out the noise, I am listening to my H1707's even more than usual. This is not a bad thing! Except that my ears have lately been whispering to me "It's time. It's time."

So, it's time to soon mutilate my stock pads and to do the Beats pad mod! I need to find the appropriate pads, for an appropriate price, from a source that ships to Canada.

Hmm, amazon.ca seems to options. See spoiler:

I can't decide, so I might just go for the $13.99 ones (which seem to have pretty good reviews). But if anyone has some wise words for me, I'm all (a bit sore) ears!

Make sure you remove the layer of thick foam on the back of the replacement Beats pad. Some of them peel off cleanly in a full sheet. Others have have to be gently ripped off. It depends on the actual 3rd party construction of the Beats pad. There will still be a fabric layer remaining, which should be left on. Only the foam layer should be removed.

May 9, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,167 of 1,586
Got my gold one out for the first time in ages. Forgot how great these are for their price. Bargain

May 9, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #1,168 of 1,586
Wow these are very cheap these days. Might get another to have a spare

May 9, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #1,169 of 1,586
Does anyone find the bass on these kinda "blobby"?

May 9, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,170 of 1,586
Does anyone find the bass on these kinda "blobby"?

My gold pair sounded like that, and it turned out the passive radiator had come unglued around the majority of the circumference. I guess it was ‘flapping’ and causing an odd bass.

I ended up just peeling the radiator off the rest of the way and running with no radiators. so basically now my gold pair are dual drivers not triple drivers.

I think they actually sound better that way.

More info here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/1more-h1707-triple-driver-over-ear.849824/page-71#post-15403085

Users who are viewing this thread

Back