1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Sep 7, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #62 of 1,567
Well some of them are expertly tuned and sold en masse and definitely available at the "price point" considering that the raw materials even to build the quad drivers is around ~$25-35.
So you are saying that for $165-175 they cannot tune it?

The SZ and its dual driver for example, are tuned most likely for modern music. I can only speak on the 1k, but when you throw it side by side with a single driver more "neutral" can and play a few things, you can hear its tonality issues. With something like a UFO (12 driver) , its even worse and unnatural. To my ears, the issues lie in naturalness of voices and certain instruments not being "up to snuff" :p as Tyll would say. In saying that, they (multiple driver) can do things slightly different than conventional single driver like massive bass (b/c of the dedicated driver just for bass), and seperating the mids/highs. The issue being though when tuned, its not as harmonious as i'd like. Also EQ'ing is well, not so easy with such things (especially 12!). But its kind of fun trying to tinker it to sound acceptable :D That being, said, its good to see consumers buy into multiple driver units, which would encourage more companies to try; thus leading to more products with multiple driver, and possibly more choices/signatures. The Dharma headphones seem to be the high quality ones for dual driver anyway. SO, it can be done.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #63 of 1,567
Yes but most companies are just stuffing off the shelf components into headphones and selling them with limited tuning because they sound "good enough".
With some $30 headphones having multiple drivers it really puts into perspective the actual cost of the components.
The rest is in tuning, gone are the days where thousands need to be spent for something specific and special that can decently reproduce sounds as they are naturally.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #64 of 1,567
Yes but most companies are just stuffing off the shelf components into headphones and selling them with limited tuning because they sound "good enough".
With some $30 headphones having multiple drivers it really puts into perspective the actual cost of the components.
The rest is in tuning, gone are the days where thousands need to be spent for something specific and special that can decently reproduce sounds as they are naturally.

Yessir, you have some good points. In terms of tuning, i am sure they do their best to tune those off the shelf parts to get the "best" with those components.
And there is no two ways about it, the cost to R&D and produce these high end drivers are not cheap. So ofc two, three, 12 drivers will not be loaded with biocelly/BE LCP (with special metal sprayed on it)

but i have a devious little plan :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: to collect some 12 decent ones and use the shell. My theory is it will sound better than the cheapie drivers.I hope. :older_woman: DIY

in all seriousness, i think having options like this dual, triple, 12 is good overall. The single dynamic is ofc KING for live music and such, but these dual drivers can have an advantage with artificially created beats with massive bass, and weird electronic sounds, where timbres and tonality don't matter so much.

Its like when you play My Bloody Valentine : Loveless album .... they sound pretty ok with anything, and even a crappy headphone with distortion flavours it differently. 80s synthwave sounds much stranger and bubbly on the multi-drivers with massive bass. The neutral/flat cans in my arsenal can't play em. So thumbs up for multi-drivers! Also tactile transucers, tactile headbands. They're only perceived as micky mousey cans b/c of the cheapness in most cases, but if other similar companies make better quality ones like Taction Kannon, and now 1More is jumping in kind of, then great! :D

This rant probably sounds stupid, but thats ok lol :blush:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #65 of 1,567
Yessir, you have some good points. In terms of tuning, i am sure they do their best to tune those off the shelf parts to get the "best" with those components.
And there is no two ways about it, the cost to R&D and produce these high end drivers are not cheap. So ofc two, three, 12 drivers will not be loaded with biocelly/BE LCP (with special metal sprayed on it)

but i have a devious little plan :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: to collect some 12 decent ones and use the shell. My theory is it will sound better than the cheapie drivers.I hope. :older_woman: DIY

in all seriousness, i think having options like this dual, triple, 12 is good overall. The single dynamic is ofc KING for live music and such, but these dual drivers can have an advantage with artificially created beats with massive bass, and weird electronic sounds, where timbres and tonality don't matter so much.

Its like when you play My Bloody Valentine : Loveless album .... they sound pretty ok with anything, and even a crappy headphone with distortion flavours it differently. 80s synthwave sounds much stranger and bubbly on the multi-drivers with massive bass. The neutral/flat cans in my arsenal can't play em. So thumbs up for multi-drivers! Also tactile transucers, tactile headbands. They're only perceived as micky mousey cans b/c of the cheapness in most cases, but if other similar companies make better quality ones like Taction Kannon, and now 1More is jumping in kind of, then great! :D

This rant probably sounds stupid, but thats ok lol :blush:

That really isn't the case, with proper tuning things sound very natural.
A single driver is not better than multiple drivers.

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #66 of 1,567

At this point in time, it seems the single driver is still the choice in all flagships (dynamic drivers). I just got multiple to "see" what it would be like. It look lots of tinkering SZ/UFO to

Which multi driver dynamics would say sound natural? The only one Tyll :p approved of was the Dharma, and i believe that was 1/2 electrostatic. SZ is somewhat natural sounding (but its peaks and dips are strange) and besides being a basshead KinG, its quite problematic for many genres which require neutrality. Bluedio us just a PITA. But with lots of work, somewhat listenable.:smile_phones:

1more should have totally powered that "woofer" Its 2017! :p

Can anyone explain the benefit of this passive driver/woofer and why it faces out? :blush:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #67 of 1,567
At this point in time, it seems the single driver is still the choice in all flagships (dynamic drivers). I just got multiple to "see" what it would be like. It look lots of tinkering SZ/UFO to

Which multi driver dynamics would say sound natural? The only one Tyll :p approved of was the Dharma, and i believe that was 1/2 electrostatic. SZ is somewhat natural sounding (but its peaks and dips are strange) and besides being a basshead KinG, its quite problematic for many genres which require neutrality. Bluedio us just a PITA. But with lots of work, somewhat listenable.:smile_phones:

1more should have totally powered that "woofer" Its 2017! :p

Can anyone explain the benefit of this passive driver/woofer and why it faces out? :blush:

If you are a bass head you don't like natural sound anyway. On top of that companies like a ultimate ears and color art (I think that is the brand) have upto 8 driver CIEMs.
Even the etymotic are multi driver....

Sep 8, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #68 of 1,567
If you are a bass head you don't like natural sound anyway. On top of that companies like a ultimate ears and color art (I think that is the brand) have upto 8 driver CIEMs.
Even the etymotic are multi driver....

Ofc the IEMs and their multi BA, and hybrids are different beasts. Im referring to full size multi-drivers. And I do care for natural/neutral for certain genres. Basshead for EDM/Hip hop etc.:D

Sep 8, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #69 of 1,567
Ofc the IEMs and their multi BA, and hybrids are different beasts. Im referring to full size multi-drivers. And I do care for natural/neutral for certain genres. Basshead for EDM/Hip hop etc.:D

Well I agree I like a "punchier" sound for EDM/Hip-Hop aswell. But yes I haven't seen many multi-driver over ear headphones.
But who knows maybe 1More can do a good job and set a new trend.

Sep 8, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #70 of 1,567
Well I agree I like a "punchier" sound for EDM/Hip-Hop aswell. But yes I haven't seen many multi-driver over ear headphones.
But who knows maybe 1More can do a good job and set a new trend.

Well i remember one that i should mention the Technics EAH-T700
technics_t700_06.jpg

That is prob as close to a hifi dual driver. But I recall the reviews not being all that great very mixed. They look bloody awesome though.

The basshead ones with dedicated active subwoofer is just beastly when hungering for bass. So the SZ2k being the basshead KING and being dual driver is nothing to snicker against.
Bluedio and its 8 and 12 drivers, are , well consumer tuned. I rarely see bluedio talk on here lol. With pad rolling they can be "OK." But UFO does have a 50mm dedicated "woofer" and 30mm for mid bass with 4 "tweeters".
29600450035_75c8bfb9f7_c.jpg

They hooked up to entry tube amp, through decent source, can surprise for movie watching and some artificial music (Synthwave, EDM, etc).

Wonder where these 1more fit. :boy:

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #71 of 1,567
I think buy and try is the only option here.....amazon UK have them

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #72 of 1,567
Gonna give them a go I reckon..

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #74 of 1,567
Ha, a bit nervous if they lack the bass lunch I sometimes need. My Philips X2 are good but with some recordings sound very bright.
Then on the other hand my Sony mdra-1 arena bit boomy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back