1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #151 of 567
Speaking of bass, after trying several tips with sound being my North Star instead of comfort, the 12mm silicon ones in the box are absolutely perfect for me.

These things are now sounding substantially better than my Blue MoFi. I think the speed of th drivers and super extended ranges are a revelation for me.

Funny because I settled on 12mm too for these lol. I was using 13 for the triple.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #152 of 567

Quote:
  oh I only mean that only a few people here didn't like them -- which is fine lol But we can't say things like "everyone here" Most people haven't received them yet, and a few people had positive things to say.

I don't wish to mislead everyone. They are good IEMs, just a different signature than what I expecting. I typically use IEMs only for on-the-go and bass-centric music, since earbuds can't give that impact and extension without sacrificing the other frequencies. Now I'm in talks with another head-fier to buy their Noble Dulce's (at a great price), and hoping this will give what I was expecting from the Quads. Full quality bass without sacrificing quantity and impact. An upgrade to the triples sound signature, assuming its similar.

I apologize to everyone here. I got my Noble Dulce Bass IEMs today, and wow... They sound like crap compared to these. I've never been more disappointed in my life. Okay, I exaggerate, but they are $700 IEMs (paid $500).

Forget everything I said before. The quads are amazing. I can get more satisfying bass with EQ'ing, while keeping the same clarity unlike the Dulce's muddy mess.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #156 of 567
So how are the quad compared to the triple for things like cable noise and comfort. I have the triple and like the sound but would like more bass and more detail. But I also would love a bit less cable noise and don't want the comfort to be compromised.

I am actually debating between the Quad and the iBasso IT03. I like that the Quad will by default work with my phone or an iDevice fully as well as any standard stereo device. I actually don't mind that it has a fixed cable. Speaking of fixed cables I have been burned to many times by MMCX connectors so actually am worried about this "feature" breaking and am not looking forward to having to buy a special android cable to use with my phone. But I also miss the big bass and 3D immersion of my Sonyy XBA-Z5 which died a month or so ago.

So given my love of the Z5 which would better sonically for me?

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #157 of 567
  So how are the quad compared to the triple for things like cable noise and comfort. I have the triple and like the sound but would like more bass and more detail. But I also would love a bit less cable noise and don't want the comfort to be compromised.

I am actually debating between the Quad and the iBasso IT03. I like that the Quad will by default work with my phone or an iDevice fully as well as any standard stereo device. I actually don't mind that it has a fixed cable. Speaking of fixed cables I have been burned to many times by MMCX connectors so actually am worried about this "feature" breaking and am not looking forward to having to buy a special android cable to use with my phone. But I also miss the big bass and 3D immersion of my Sonyy XBA-Z5 which died a month or so ago.

So given my love of the Z5 which would better sonically for me?

The Quad has tighter bass but it doesn't have the bass boost. You will need to EQ more bass in if you want it.

The microphonics are much better with the quads vs the triples.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #158 of 567
Changed it up up with the 13mm tips and they're the best balance for me. I didn't think I would have comfort with their large size but they're actually fine! Absolutely incredible bass thump. Deep Extension and fast performance. The mids and treble balance perfect as well. The treble extends with so much air and detail. I keep.having "oh ****" moments"

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #159 of 567
So, after about a week of much listening i can safely say: They are brilliant and a absolute nobrainer if you look for a IEM in the 200$ price range. I red some reviews saying these will disrupt the industry, lets see how much that is true once they get as famous as the Tripple Drivers but i can already imagine that its gonna happen in some way.

I already posted a bit of impressions but i wanted to share that i love their soundstage, detail, bass response, treble extension, present mids, COMFORT and on top of that their non fatiguing sound. They sound very neutral to my ears where as on some songs the treble seems a bit boosted but on others the treble sits perfectly along the bass and the mids which leads me to the conclusion that they are indeed very neutral and some songs just have boosted treble. They impress me everytime i put them in and listen to them while you can loose yourself in the music very easily. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #161 of 567
  So, after about a week of much listening i can safely say: They are brilliant and a absolute nobrainer if you look for a IEM in the 200$ price range. I red some reviews saying these will disrupt the industry, lets see how much that is true once they get as famous as the Tripple Drivers but i can already imagine that its gonna happen in some way.

I already posted a bit of impressions but i wanted to share that i love their soundstage, detail, bass response, treble extension, present mids, COMFORT and on top of that their non fatiguing sound. They sound very neutral to my ears where as on some songs the treble seems a bit boosted but on others the treble sits perfectly along the bass and the mids which leads me to the conclusion that they are indeed very neutral and some songs just have boosted treble. They impress me everytime i put them in and listen to them while you can loose yourself in the music very easily. 
beyersmile.png

I completely agree with this on every level

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #162 of 567
Unfortunately these are only available in the US at the moment I guess I can wait until they available in Canada. :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #165 of 567
I just received the Ibasso it03 and have them burning in as we speak. And I'm thinking I'm going to order these Thursday for a comparison.
i also look forward to your comparison between the 2 IEM's. I am interested in both plus I am now looking hard at the LZ-A4 as well. Some reviews suggest the LZ-A4 may give me the most XBA-Z5 like signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back