1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Apr 8, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #183 of 567
It looks like I will be able to get tge Quad from Headphone Bar starting April 10 woohoo. Given how much I am enjoying the Triple and my concerns around MMCX connectors I think I will forego trying to get a Z5 type signature from the IT03 or the LZ-A4 and stick with the Quad. If the sound stage is as good as Menuki finds it, I might actually enjoy the Quad as much as my Z5 since half of the allure of the Z5 is its 3D presentation.

Please do post ur findinga compared ro the favorable triples when u get a chance!

Ver intriguing

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #185 of 567
The quads are better than the triples. I have already posted about this as I have both.

Better? Its possible, more enjoyable debatable... i havent heard the triples myself. But based on the countless reviews on them its their fun sound that garners so many fans

The quads seem to be going in a different direction and catering to a different demographic especially based on the price

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #187 of 567
Better? Its possible, more enjoyable debatable... i havent heard the triples myself. But based on the countless reviews on them its their fun sound that garners so many fans

The quads seem to be going in a direction and catering to a different demographic especially based on the price

It is better due to its overall micro details and more flat sound signature. The bass is very tight and accurate.

The mids are much better and vocals are clearer with more depth. It has less bass but I don't miss the bass due to the depth and clarity.

But the price puts it in a whole different category.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #190 of 567
  Very interested. How does it compare to Shockwave iii? 

The Shockwave 3 is a lot brighter and has more recessed mids and less quality bass. All IMO ofc. and ymmv. To me the Quads sound more thick, clean and balanced while the Shockwave 3 has its own qualities like this soundscape that gets created around your head, the quads remind me a lot of the soundscape of the Shockwaves but improve in so many aspects.

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #191 of 567

The Shockwave 3 is a lot brighter and has more recessed mids and less quality bass. All IMO ofc. and ymmv. To me the Quads sound more thick, clean and balanced while the Shockwave 3 has its own qualities like this soundscape that gets created around your head, the quads remind me a lot of the soundscape of the Shockwaves but improve in so many aspects.

Thanks, that helps. How is isolation & fit of the two? 

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #193 of 567
Both provide a very good fit and decent isolation. The SW3 can be inserted deeper thus giving you more isolation, though i prefer the fit of the Quads as its more ergonomic.
smily_headphones1.gif

much obliged, bro! 
Weird thing is Quad is not selling in China, I asked 1more's customer service they said they have no idea. 
Guess I will hold onto my er4b for now and try different filters while waiting for Quad... 

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #194 of 567
Some comparisons between the LZ-A4 and Quads:

1MORE Quad Driver:
- Smooth treble, maybe a tad too much for some people on some rare tracks
- Tight bass which doesn't seem boosted, very flat to my ears, little to no midbass hump, very fast
- Details just pour over you, there is nothing lost
- Overall very balanced, bassheads might want to use some EQ, for me the bass is perfect
- Stellar comfort
- Soundstage i've never heard in any IEM before, pinpoint accuracy for any instrument (some wrapping arround your head with sound stuff going on)
- Stellar build quality, not a single flaw i could point out (some might like a detachable cable, i prefer a sturdy installed cable and this one is very sturdy) 
- Somehow they put a bit of magic in them

LZ-A4:
- Smooth treble, but boosted and sibilant to my ears with some filters, with pink filters (least treble) the treble is very smooth and not boosted
- Tight, but a bit more loose bass, more midbass hump and boosted with some filters, never really lacking besides with maybe the Blue backfilter
- Very detailed, but some get lost IMO when you have the filters with dampening installed
- Pretty balanced with the right set of filters
- Very comfortable, not as extremely comfortable as the quads, but no complains here
- With some filters the soundstage is as huge as the quads, but then you get sibilance (IMO), they can't reach the soundstage of the quads though but have their own quality, more intimate presentation
- Very good build quality, though some plastic is used, for that you get a detachable cable though

They cost about the same and i would rather recommend the quads in the 200$ pricerange no question.

Hello !
As a new owner of LZ A4, I'd like to know what's the level of bass on the quads ? More than the blue filters of the A4 ?

I'm also sensible to the highs of the A4, even with the pink filter, how is it on the quads ?

Thanks

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #195 of 567
  much obliged, bro! 
Weird thing is Quad is not selling in China, I asked 1more's customer service they said they have no idea. 
Guess I will hold onto my er4b for now and try different filters while waiting for Quad... 

Maybe the first batches are coming to the USA instead.

In china there is a triple driver headphone which we don't have here in the USA.

So obviously they are spacing the products out based on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back