1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Apr 5, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #166 of 567
Some comparisons between the LZ-A4 and Quads:

1MORE Quad Driver:
- Smooth treble, maybe a tad too much for some people on some rare tracks
- Tight bass which doesn't seem boosted, very flat to my ears, little to no midbass hump, very fast
- Details just pour over you, there is nothing lost
- Overall very balanced, bassheads might want to use some EQ, for me the bass is perfect
- Stellar comfort
- Soundstage i've never heard in any IEM before, pinpoint accuracy for any instrument (some wrapping arround your head with sound stuff going on)
- Stellar build quality, not a single flaw i could point out (some might like a detachable cable, i prefer a sturdy installed cable and this one is very sturdy) 
- Somehow they put a bit of magic in them

LZ-A4:
- Smooth treble, but boosted and sibilant to my ears with some filters, with pink filters (least treble) the treble is very smooth and not boosted
- Tight, but a bit more loose bass, more midbass hump and boosted with some filters, never really lacking besides with maybe the Blue backfilter
- Very detailed, but some get lost IMO when you have the filters with dampening installed
- Pretty balanced with the right set of filters
- Very comfortable, not as extremely comfortable as the quads, but no complains here
- With some filters the soundstage is as huge as the quads, but then you get sibilance (IMO), they can't reach the soundstage of the quads though but have their own quality, more intimate presentation
- Very good build quality, though some plastic is used, for that you get a detachable cable though

They cost about the same and i would rather recommend the quads in the 200$ pricerange no question.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #167 of 567
Hi guys! my quad have just shipped, I should receive them next week hopefully...

BTW here's a 1More video I just looked at that show how the Quad are built

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyGRQoFqMG8

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #168 of 567
  Some comparisons between the LZ-A4 and Quads:

1MORE Quad Driver:
- Smooth treble, maybe a tad too much for some people on some rare tracks
- Tight bass which doesn't seem boosted, very flat to my ears, little to no midbass hump, very fast
- Details just pour over you, there is nothing lost
- Overall very balanced, bassheads might want to use some EQ, for me the bass is perfect
- Stellar comfort
- Soundstage i've never heard in any IEM before, pinpoint accuracy for any instrument (some wrapping arround your head with sound stuff going on)
- Stellar build quality, not a single flaw i could point out (some might like a detachable cable, i prefer a sturdy installed cable and this one is very sturdy) 
- Somehow they put a bit of magic in them

LZ-A4:
- Smooth treble, but boosted and sibilant to my ears with some filters, with pink filters (least treble) the treble is very smooth and not boosted
- Tight, but a bit more loose bass, more midbass hump and boosted with some filters, never really lacking besides with maybe the Blue backfilter
- Very detailed, but some get lost IMO when you have the filters with dampening installed
- Pretty balanced with the right set of filters
- Very comfortable, not as extremely comfortable as the quads, but no complains here
- With some filters the soundstage is as huge as the quads, but then you get sibilance (IMO), they can't reach the soundstage of the quads though but have their own quality, more intimate presentation
- Very good build quality, though some plastic is used, for that you get a detachable cable though

They cost about the same and i would rather recommend the quads in the 200$ pricerange no question.

​Thank you for your comparison. That is exactly the kind of post I was hoping for! So now I have to do some serious thinking and waiting on this... I like the idea of the customizability of the LZ-A4 but I have been burned 3 times by MMCX based IEM's so like the idea of a nice sturdy attached cable that will work with anything I own like the QUAD. To bad they are not available in Canada yet.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #169 of 567
It looks like I will be able to get tge Quad from Headphone Bar starting April 10 woohoo. Given how much I am enjoying the Triple and my concerns around MMCX connectors I think I will forego trying to get a Z5 type signature from the IT03 or the LZ-A4 and stick with the Quad. If the sound stage is as good as Menuki finds it, I might actually enjoy the Quad as much as my Z5 since half of the allure of the Z5 is its 3D presentation.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #170 of 567
It looks like I will be able to get tge Quad from Headphone Bar starting April 10 woohoo. Given how much I am enjoying the Triple and my concerns around MMCX connectors I think I will forego trying to get a Z5 type signature from the IT03 or the LZ-A4 and stick with the Quad. If the sound stage is as good as Menuki finds it, I might actually enjoy the Quad as much as my Z5 since half of the allure of the Z5 is its 3D presentation.

Yea I mean I haven't ever had issues with headphone cables. I have a pair of Sony's that I've had since I was a little kid and it still works fine.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #172 of 567
I have only had maybe 2 regular IEM's that have had cable failures over the years. But I have had 3 MMCX based IEM's fail in the past 5 years with the XBA-Z5 being the final nail in the MMCX coffin.

I just can't justify another couple of hundred dollars on an IEM that might not last over a year again.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #173 of 567
I have only had maybe 2 regular IEM's that have had cable failures over the years. But I have had 3 MMCX based IEM's fail in the past 5 years with the XBA-Z5 being the final nail in the MMCX coffin.

I just can't justify another couple of hundred dollars on an IEM that might not last over a year again.

Sorry for keeping off topic but I am surprised that the connector on the XBA-Z5 would fail. It has a big plastic casting around the MMCX and keeps everything tight. I have the XBA-H3 which is very much like the XBA-Z5 and I have never had any issues.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #174 of 567
Hey everyone. I've posted a review of the quad driver here ! Go check it out :sunglasses:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/1more-quad-driver-in-ear-headphones-earphones-earbuds-with-apple-ios-and-android-compatible-microphone-and-remote-black/reviews/18361

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #175 of 567
Hey everyone. I've posted a review of the quad driver here ! Go check it out :sunglasses:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/1more-quad-driver-in-ear-headphones-earphones-earbuds-with-apple-ios-and-android-compatible-microphone-and-remote-black/reviews/18361

Very nicely written.  Mine arrived today and I agree with you and everyone else that it has a very smooth and rounded sound.  Though the bass is faster and tighter than the triple, but to my ears it is still just a tad elevated.

1More also had a Double hybrid before the Triple.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #176 of 567

Very nicely written.  Mine arrived today and I agree with you and everyone else that it has a very smooth and rounded sound.  Though the bass is faster and tighter than the triple, but to my ears it is still just a tad elevated.

1More also had a Double hybrid before the Triple.

I would be surprised if its elevated even 1db. It really sounds great. I just put my triples on again for a bit to compare and I just took them off.
I guess I'll probably put the triples for sale soon. I haven't used them other than for voice calls since I got my Quads.... Thats all I really need to know. The quads really just have so many more details.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #178 of 567

Can't believe you even included measurements, nice review! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #179 of 567
How are the microphonics on the cable.  The cable on the Triple driver was horrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back