1964 Ears
Aug 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #4,126 of 7,417
ohh right! just remembered your nick! lol
sorry, was only in SG for 1 night, and the morning was the only time i could make it ;(

but if you're dropping by KL anytime soon you can just msg me to audition =)

Dont think I'd be traveling any sooner :frowning2: probably when you drop by SG again PM me ? ( if I have not get my customs yet :) )

Haha I need to receive mine first - atleast once they arrive I can let you know if they got through customs with or without issue

What color of the shells did you chose ? Oh and do you have artwork on the faceplate too ? :) sorry am I curious :D please excuse me and my curiosity :frowning2:

10% is nothing, when I ship headphones to Czech Republic, I pay around 23% and it's calculated from price of item + shipping cost!.

Well 23% is just too much , even a dollar , you're charged 23% ? Probably it's the cost of living that makes the government charge ridiculous amount of tax ?

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #4,127 of 7,417
Quote:
Have had my V6s for a little over a month and I still love these things.  Had a bit of a fit issue a couple of weeks ago but found out it was an issue with the cable loops and not the earpiece.  If you are new to CIEMs, be sure to play with the memory wire in the cable loops first before assuming there is a problem with your monitors.  It turns out that the memory wire got a bit bent in my case and was pushing my earpiece out of alignment.  Once I fixed it, everything was right as rain again.  I can see why a lot of people don't like the memory wire loops.

Also just received my Starlight cable from BTG Audio and it was easy to replace my stock cable (though those plugs are in there tight, I recommend using a cloth between the plug and some needle nose pliers to get them out).  I not a believer in the different cable - different sound signature theory, my experience hasn't provided any evidence in favor of it.  What these cables do though is really improve the ergonomics and the looks of my V6s.  I was always afraid of messing up my stock cable but this thing feels much stronger and it is sheathed.  I also love the ViaBlue plug.

On a final note, I finally go to use these for my last test, the 8 hour airplane flight.  These things worked better than any pair of noise canceling headphones I have ever used (and I have used a lot).  It did a fantastic job blocking out the airplane noise and I was able to sleep with them in since they didn't keep me from turning my head to the side on the pillow.  These are so worth the investment if you travel.

It doesn't look like that cable will store in the 1964ears case.  Have you tried getting it in there, or do you not bother?  I've been using the case pretty religously to store my V6's when I'm not using them.  I'd hate to lose that with a new cable.

Thanks

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #4,128 of 7,417
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/629288/review-1964-ears-v3-triple-driver-custom-iem-updated-10-24-12/120#post_9404683

Might be of some use :)

thanks i am going from a set of westone 3s to my first set of customs and the 1964 v3 fits in my budget.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #4,130 of 7,417
Quote:
It doesn't look like that cable will store in the 1964ears case.  Have you tried getting it in there, or do you not bother?  I've been using the case pretty religously to store my V6's when I'm not using them.  I'd hate to lose that with a new cable.

Thanks

The hard case?  It would fit in there with tons of room to spare.

Hell, I put my hardcase away and I use a LowePro Santiago 20 camera hardcase.  Holds these with the new cables and a cleaning cloth and the earwax removal tool just fine (a little more snug than it was with the original cables but not that much more). 

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #4,133 of 7,417
Quote:
Dont think I'd be traveling any sooner
frown.gif
probably when you drop by SG again PM me ? ( if I have not get my customs yet
smily_headphones1.gif
)
What color of the shells did you chose ? Oh and do you have artwork on the faceplate too ?
smily_headphones1.gif
sorry am I curious
biggrin.gif
please excuse me and my curiosity
frown.gif

Well 23% is just too much , even a dollar , you're charged 23% ? Probably it's the cost of living that makes the government charge ridiculous amount of tax ?

I went pretty simple, but i wanted them to look as classy as they will sound 
smily_headphones1.gif

V6 Stage
Clear Shell colours
Wood faceplate - Purple heart
Standard 1964 logo in silver

I suspect and hope they will turn out very similiar to these

LTD

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #4,134 of 7,417

Wow , really simple and nice :)

I went pretty simple, but i wanted them to look as classy as they will sound 
smily_headphones1.gif

V6 Stage
Clear Shell colours
Wood faceplate - Purple heart
Standard 1964 logo in silver

I suspect and hope they will turn out very similiar to these

LTD

Exotic wood faceplates are a little too high for the price :frowning2: mind giving a review after receiving your v6-stage ? Oh and by the way have they started making yours ?

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #4,136 of 7,417
Quote:

Hi there, I love the way your V6's and cable look. Very sleek. What color are they-- Platinum? I like how they have a smokey, semi-opaque look to them. Thanks.

Yes, they are the platinum color.  I was a little disappointed in their color when I first got them (I was hoping they would be clearer and not so smokey) but they have grown on me.  The cable was the best investment I made to go along with them, the ergonomics with them is so much better.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #4,137 of 7,417
Quote:
Has anybody heard anything recently about a replacement for the Quads? A V4, perhaps? Also, how durable are 1964s in general? could I work out with them in?

I feel like my V6s are very durable and would be able to withstand a lot.  The weak point is going to be the cable.  Also, I tried to use mine while working out (they were not intended for that by me, but they were the only headphones I had at the time) and it was not the best.  I clench my jaw and move my mouth way too much when I'm lifting and doing cardio, that it made for a pretty poor experience.  I'm going to stick to my headphones that I bought for working out instead.  You may have a different experience.

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #4,138 of 7,417
I feel like my V6s are very durable and would be able to withstand a lot.  The weak point is going to be the cable.  Also, I tried to use mine while working out (they were not intended for that by me, but they were the only headphones I had at the time) and it was not the best.  I clench my jaw and move my mouth way too much when I'm lifting and doing cardio, that it made for a pretty poor experience.  I'm going to stick to my headphones that I bought for working out instead.  You may have a different experience.

So it implies that I can't move or talk when I am using CIEM?

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #4,139 of 7,417

Of course you can. Most professional singers/musicians use customs when they perform live. I'm sure you see them moving jumping shouting etc on stage.
If the fitting is good you should be able to do all that without discomfort.

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #4,140 of 7,417

You can move your jaw, but it is how you move your jaw. A CIEM works by being exact to you ear, if you move your jaw in a way that shapes your ear canal different then at rest or with a bite block in you can cause a lack of fit.

You can usually do a lot with them and never worry about it. But occasionally I will do something that causes a seal break. Anytime you see a professional artist touch their ear it's usually to push the CIEM back in. For me it only took about a week to figure out what I could and couldn't do, I.e. I cannot move my jaw to the far right or my seal will break.

The question you have to ask yourself is can you live learning what you can and cannot do with your jaw during a workout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back