1964 Ears
Aug 28, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #4,111 of 7,417
I think if USPS insures the package(and if 1964ears claim it at full value), my local postage company will then issue me an invoice to pay tax, no avoiding taxes as the local postage company here(in my country) is operated by the government 
size]

How much did 1964ears claim(FOB) yours for ? :)

Where are u from?

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #4,113 of 7,417
My first custom, so other people will have to answer that one for you :wink:)

Edit - Sorry, just twigged your question had two parts :) Re: the instrument separation/detail, again, I'm coming from no previous experience with customs - but with good quality (FLAC) source material, these sound great. I'm listening to Mars Volta - Noctourniquet at the moment which is particularly well produced and has a lot of 'layering' & you can hear literally every little detail. But as I've seen other people on here who have much more experience with these things than me, most 'good' customs do well in most areas SQ-wise. It's just a matter of whether the particular 'flavour' of sound the manufacturer/particular model has is what you want & like (is it bassy, is it mid centric, etc).

To my ears, the V3's are very much mid-centric with slightly rolled off highs & upper mids, with a little mid-bass bump.

I got one: how would you rate the instrument separation and detail, and if you've had experience with flagship customs, how does it compare? 

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #4,117 of 7,417
Quote:
We pay 10% GST if the purchase price is over AUD$1000 (local retailers/others have been whinging a lot lately & are lobbying to have this threshold lowered significantly)

10% ..... wow , will they check for the product value ? Or just the written/claimed FOB ? I heard a couple of countries is very strict on these stuffs . To the extend that they even check the RRP of the product . Sorry 'bout my poor command of English :frowning2:

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #4,118 of 7,417
Yeah the 10% is what we pay on most locally bought goods/services provided (except for fresh food/some other 'necessities'), so they charge it on OS purchases over a grand.

Honestly don't know from personal experience as I've never bought anything from OS over that value & am not familiar with what Customs do where it's over the value & tax has to be paid (I.E do they have a little bit of leeway, do they actually check the value or take the seller at their word with the value they've declared as you mentioned).

10% ..... wow , will they check for the product value ? Or just the written/claimed FOB ? I heard a couple of countries is very strict on these stuffs . To the extend that they even check the RRP of the product . Sorry 'bout my poor command of English :frowning2:

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #4,119 of 7,417
How much do they charge if the FOB is over AUD$1000?
The country you've recently went to :)

Lol SG?
Not sure about your customs, but mine was a pain. They helped me declare a lower value and when I was collecting mine at customs they wanted to see proof that I actually paid that amount! Asking me for the receipt/bill/transaction or email.
Lol really panicked then.

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #4,120 of 7,417
Lol SG?
Not sure about your customs, but mine was a pain. They helped me declare a lower value and when I was collecting mine at customs they wanted to see proof that I actually paid that amount! Asking me for the receipt/bill/transaction or email.
Lol really panicked then.

How much did you paid and claim for it ? :xf_eek:

Yeah the 10% is what we pay on most locally bought goods/services provided (except for fresh food/some other 'necessities'), so they charge it on OS purchases over a grand.

Honestly don't know from personal experience as I've never bought anything from OS over that value & am not familiar with what Customs do where it's over the value & tax has to be paid (I.E do they have a little bit of leeway, do they actually check the value or take the seller at their word with the value they've declared as you mentioned).

Can I take a look at your v3's ? :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #4,123 of 7,417
Quote:

10% is nothing, when I ship headphones to Czech Republic, I pay around 23% and it's calculated from price of item + shipping cost!.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #4,125 of 7,417
Quote:
How much did you paid and claim for it ?
redface.gif

Can I take a look at your v3's ?
smily_headphones1.gif

ohh right! just remembered your nick! lol
sorry, was only in SG for 1 night, and the morning was the only time i could make it ;(

but if you're dropping by KL anytime soon you can just msg me to audition =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back