1964 Ears
Aug 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #4,066 of 7,417
oh btw, i own the universal version of the V6 and coincidentally i'll be going to Singapore this weekend =)
i don't mind letting you audition them if i have the time since i'll be going there with some friends.

Do u have a demo version of them or was urs made universal somehow? I wasnt aware 1964 had universals outside of demo units... Id love to get them as universals if possible haha

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #4,067 of 7,417
Quote:
Do u have a demo version of them or was urs made universal somehow? I wasnt aware 1964 had universals outside of demo units... Id love to get them as universals if possible haha

nope not demo, i requested for a universal version and they said okay. And it's slightly cheaper than the custom version too :wink:
just email them and said David sent you, i think they might still remember me... i've been bugging their CTO several times already haha.

With the buds:

Naked still looks the best though XD

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #4,068 of 7,417
Hi

Whilst this is bumped on the universals how was price handled?  Did you order via the online form or was it through email? Last I looked at this you could only select the custom version price.  Still think about the v3 now and then and have been curious about the 1964 ears type sound.  Your universals look great incidentally.

Cheers

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #4,069 of 7,417
Hi

Whilst this is bumped on the universals how was price handled?  Did you order via the online form or was it through email? Last I looked at this you could only select the custom version price.  Still think about the v3 now and then and have been curious about the 1964 ears type sound.  Your universals look great incidentally.

Cheers

Thanks.
You'll have to email them to request for a universal version then fill in the form and add in the remarks for a universal version. Fill in the universal version price as they'll inform you through email and mail back the form to them. They will then send you an invoice for the universals to make payment.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #4,071 of 7,417
Quote:
Thanks bvccworshiplead 

If you say the sound is as good if not better than the 535s incl the bass them im sold

Now for 1964 crew to confirm my impressions.

LTD

Yes it is overall better. It is clearer and I like the bass more. Not to mention the fit being so much better. If you can afford it I would go for the customs rather than the universal. You can listen to your music so much quieter and still hear things more clearly. And that is very healthy for your ears.

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,072 of 7,417
Quote:
Hi Guys...HELP

I am using Shure 215s, and decided it was time for an upgrade. Love the sound of my Shures but neverthless went to Jaben and demod the Shure 535 LTDs and the Westone 4s.

I still preferred the sound of the Shures for my musical taste (dance/house, soft rock, instrumental rock etc) and was already to go and purhcase when a member on the forum said have a look at 1964 ears. Since then ive been trolling the internet for reviews etc and have decided to take the plunge. Especailly since i do alot of air travel and listening on subway etc.

Impressions were done yday but i cant audition (live in Singapore) and am keen as to get them ordered and in the mail but cant decide whether i should go the Quads or V6.

Can anyone shed some light/assistance since the wife wont OK another pair for a few more years i imagine 
blink.gif
 , so i want to get this right

PLacing my order in the next day or two once 1964 ears confirm that the pics of the impressions i sent are suitable to post of to them

Cheers

LTD

Was in the same boat as you. For what it is worth, and this is the first review I have ever written; I have both the 215 and 535s (not the ltd.) and was looking for something more. Even though the 535s have a much better sound overall there was something compelling about the 215s. Could be the forward bass with less mid (compared to the 535s).

Really what I was looking for was the detail (but more mid neutral) 535 with the kick of the 215s. So I opted for the 1964 Quads (have had them about 2 weeks now) and got exactly what I was looking for, fantastic bass and very detailed. It has plenty of low and detailed bass without overwhelming the rest of the spectrum. The mids are forward but not nearly to the extreme of the 535s, which I found very forward. The highs, well they feel about the same as the Shure's slightly rolled off but in a way that is comfortable. Overall I am extremely pleased with the Quads and the company.

However the new V6 Stage could be something very interesting as well.

Anyway hope this helps. 

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #4,073 of 7,417
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #4,074 of 7,417
The V6 stage was announced just now. The introductory price looks tempting but the V6 also is tempting..

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #4,075 of 7,417
I have had my V6s now for 4 days and have used them for both live performance, and listening to music.

I have also now heard the quads and the V6 and can say the V6 handles the bass better. Especially the low lows. It trips does go from 10hz up. The quads come in about 20hz.

The real question is do you want your in ears 'EQed' to focus on bass, or do you want to listen to the music the way the artist released it on their CD?

If you can wait and have the money I would wait for the V6S. As it should have the best of both worlds.

In the end, the V6's play such a smooth sound from the lows to the highs. Where the Quads are punchier in the bass, but lack the smoothness. Either should be much better than the 535s.

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #4,077 of 7,417
Looks like the V6-S has more forward bass and mids. Highs are on the lower neutral side.
Should give a warm forward and intimate presentation for the vocals. Based on the comparison chart I think I'd prefer the V6 with abit more forward mid. I'm happy to stick with my V6.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #4,078 of 7,417
Thanks All

Actually placed my order last night for the V6s...then today saw the V6-S were available. So i have emailed 1964 and asked them to please change my order to the V6-s. Since i havent paid yet and only just shipped my impressions hoping it wont be an an issue

The graph for the V6s looks right up my alley, strong bass, impressive mids.

Thanks for all the assistance...now for the wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back