1964 Ears
Aug 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #4,056 of 7,417
Have had my V6s for a little over a month and I still love these things.  Had a bit of a fit issue a couple of weeks ago but found out it was an issue with the cable loops and not the earpiece.  If you are new to CIEMs, be sure to play with the memory wire in the cable loops first before assuming there is a problem with your monitors.  It turns out that the memory wire got a bit bent in my case and was pushing my earpiece out of alignment.  Once I fixed it, everything was right as rain again.  I can see why a lot of people don't like the memory wire loops.

Also just received my Starlight cable from BTG Audio and it was easy to replace my stock cable (though those plugs are in there tight, I recommend using a cloth between the plug and some needle nose pliers to get them out).  I not a believer in the different cable - different sound signature theory, my experience hasn't provided any evidence in favor of it.  What these cables do though is really improve the ergonomics and the looks of my V6s.  I was always afraid of messing up my stock cable but this thing feels much stronger and it is sheathed.  I also love the ViaBlue plug.

On a final note, I finally go to use these for my last test, the 8 hour airplane flight.  These things worked better than any pair of noise canceling headphones I have ever used (and I have used a lot).  It did a fantastic job blocking out the airplane noise and I was able to sleep with them in since they didn't keep me from turning my head to the side on the pillow.  These are so worth the investment if you travel.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #4,057 of 7,417
Have had my V6s for a little over a month and I still love these things.  Had a bit of a fit issue a couple of weeks ago but found out it was an issue with the cable loops and not the earpiece.  If you are new to CIEMs, be sure to play with the memory wire in the cable loops first before assuming there is a problem with your monitors.  It turns out that the memory wire got a bit bent in my case and was pushing my earpiece out of alignment.  Once I fixed it, everything was right as rain again.  I can see why a lot of people don't like the memory wire loops.

Also just received my Starlight cable from BTG Audio and it was easy to replace my stock cable (though those plugs are in there tight, I recommend using a cloth between the plug and some needle nose pliers to get them out).  I not a believer in the different cable - different sound signature theory, my experience hasn't provided any evidence in favor of it.  What these cables do though is really improve the ergonomics and the looks of my V6s.  I was always afraid of messing up my stock cable but this thing feels much stronger and it is sheathed.  I also love the ViaBlue plug.

On a final note, I finally go to use these for my last test, the 8 hour airplane flight.  These things worked better than any pair of noise canceling headphones I have ever used (and I have used a lot).  It did a fantastic job blocking out the airplane noise and I was able to sleep with them in since they didn't keep me from turning my head to the side on the pillow.  These are so worth the investment if you travel.

Nice little overview , anyways how much did you bought the cable for ?

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #4,058 of 7,417
Quote:
Nice little overview , anyways how much did you bought the cable for ?

It was $115 with the upgraded plug and shipping.  Since I saved $100 on the V6s for the Memorial Day sale, I didn't feel bad buying this.  Even if I had paid full price for the CIEMs, I think it would be worth it for these cables just for the quality alone.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #4,059 of 7,417
Hi Guys...HELP

I am using Shure 215s, and decided it was time for an upgrade. Love the sound of my Shures but neverthless went to Jaben and demod the Shure 535 LTDs and the Westone 4s.

I still preferred the sound of the Shures for my musical taste (dance/house, soft rock, instrumental rock etc) and was already to go and purhcase when a member on the forum said have a look at 1964 ears. Since then ive been trolling the internet for reviews etc and have decided to take the plunge. Especailly since i do alot of air travel and listening on subway etc.

Impressions were done yday but i cant audition (live in Singapore) and am keen as to get them ordered and in the mail but cant decide whether i should go the Quads or V6.

Can anyone shed some light/assistance since the wife wont OK another pair for a few more years i imagine 
blink.gif
 , so i want to get this right

PLacing my order in the next day or two once 1964 ears confirm that the pics of the impressions i sent are suitable to post of to them

Cheers

LTD

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #4,060 of 7,417
Quote:
Hi Guys...HELP

I am using Shure 215s, and decided it was time for an upgrade. Love the sound of my Shures but neverthless went to Jaben and demod the Shure 535 LTDs and the Westone 4s.

I still preferred the sound of the Shures for my musical taste (dance/house, soft rock, instrumental rock etc) and was already to go and purhcase when a member on the forum said have a look at 1964 ears. Since then ive been trolling the internet for reviews etc and have decided to take the plunge. Especailly since i do alot of air travel and listening on subway etc.

Impressions were done yday but i cant audition (live in Singapore) and am keen as to get them ordered and in the mail but cant decide whether i should go the Quads or V6.

Can anyone shed some light/assistance since the wife wont OK another pair for a few more years i imagine 
blink.gif

PLacing my order in the next day or two once 1964 ears confirm that the pics of the impressions i sent are suitable to post of to them

Cheers

LTD

If you prefer Shure's sound why would you go for Quads which has more bass emphasis?
Go for the V6, she blows the se535s away =P

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #4,061 of 7,417
Quote:
Hi Guys...HELP

blink.gif

Cheers

LTD

You should love the V6's. They really clear up all the details even in the songs. I too went from the Shure SE535's and it blows them away. The Quad has more focus on the bass, but some say too much. I get all the bass I want from the V6's, and you can always EQ them focus more on the bass without losing quality in the mids and highs.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #4,062 of 7,417
Quote:
Hi Guys...HELP

blink.gif

Cheers

LTD

oh btw, i own the universal version of the V6 and coincidentally i'll be going to Singapore this weekend =)
i don't mind letting you audition them if i have the time since i'll be going there with some friends.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #4,064 of 7,417
Quote:

oh btw, i own the universal version of the V6 and coincidentally i'll be going to Singapore this weekend =)
i don't mind letting you audition them if i have the time since i'll be going there with some friends.

Levanter,

Thanks heaps for the offer, if you have time and dont mind then happy to meet you anywhere on the Island! 

will PM you my details

LTD

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #4,065 of 7,417
Quote:

Levanter,

Thanks heaps for the offer, if you have time and dont mind then happy to meet you anywhere on the Island! 

will PM you my details

LTD

No prob,
I also own the SE215 Ltds, and demoed the 535 Ltds, W4R, etc
And i can safely say the V6 is on a different level and not comparable to any of the universals in that range. And that's coming from a universal V6. I'd imagine the custom version to be better than that =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back