1964 Ears
Jul 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #4,036 of 7,417
Quote:
I did the exact same thing as you, just one week earlier. Sent the impressions on the 19th and they shipped them today. I just got an email that they were coming priority tomorrow. I am picking my music tracks now, any lossless suggestions?

Was that regular processing, or rush?  Pretty quick for regular processing.

Personally, Rodrigo y Gabirela and maybe some Daft Punk to start things off.  Aleksey recommended the V6 for the Spanish guitar, so I want to try that first.

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #4,039 of 7,417
Quote:
Darn.  I was all excited that they were turning their regular order load over that fast.  15-20 days it is...

I sent mine in on July 3rd, they got there on the 8th, and I'm still waiting on a shipping notification. 16 business days so far, and the anticipation continues to build. I'm afraid by the time they get here I would have forgotten how much I paid for them

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #4,040 of 7,417
My Quads have arrived!! Since these are my first custom IEMs I was concerned about fit and comfort. Oh baby to they fit perfectly and are extremely comfortable. I have had them hooked up to my iPhone5 all day and I can say the efficiency of these are very impressive, better than the SE535s. I was actually expecting to really have to turn up the volume, instead I was about to decrease by about 20%. 

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #4,041 of 7,417
Ok, after 30+ hours of "burning in" my V6 is starting to open up... more like it feels the separation and transparency is a lot more apparent now.
Which is making me more paranoid now since I'm unsure if it is a defect, i.e.
1) maybe its because the volume of my left side is louder
2) or a very small lag output on my left side which is making the separation/transparency more obvious
3) the ba drivers isn't working properly as the left side seems more focused on the highs while the right is towards mid lows and lows

I've never felt this way before and its quite disturbing at the moment. I did try Chesky's left side and right side test, and it does feel to me that the left side is brighter than the right..

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #4,042 of 7,417
Quote:
Ok, after 30+ hours of "burning in" my V6 is starting to open up... more like it feels the separation and transparency is a lot more apparent now.
Which is making me more paranoid now since I'm unsure if it is a defect, i.e.
1) maybe its because the volume of my left side is louder
2) or a very small lag output on my left side which is making the separation/transparency more obvious
3) the ba drivers isn't working properly as the left side seems more focused on the highs while the right is towards mid lows and lows

I've never felt this way before and its quite disturbing at the moment. I did try Chesky's left side and right side test, and it does feel to me that the left side is brighter than the right..

Sounds like a fit issue to me. "More focused on the highs" sounds more like less bass, which is caused by a poor seal. 

Put them in your ears and turn on a faucet, or some other source of consistent noise. Make sure there is no sound leakage, and if there is that it isn't greater in the left ear.

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #4,043 of 7,417
Sounds like a fit issue to me. "More focused on the highs" sounds like less bass, which is caused by a poor seal. 

Put them in your ears and turn on a faucet, or some other source of consistent noise. Make sure there is no sound leakage, and if there is that it isn't greater in the left ear.

Well mine is a universal version and i 've been wearing the same way all these while, so dont think its the fit? Before this i didnt notice anything different. Im really hoping its because of some earwax in my right ear that is messing with my mind..

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #4,044 of 7,417
Quote:
My Quads have arrived!! Since these are my first custom IEMs I was concerned about fit and comfort. Oh baby to they fit perfectly and are extremely comfortable. I have had them hooked up to my iPhone5 all day and I can say the efficiency of these are very impressive, better than the SE535s. I was actually expecting to really have to turn up the volume, instead I was about to decrease by about 20%. 

That's the ice blue right?  Those look great, which is good since that's what I ordered.  Just with side modern writing...

4 days down, too many to go...

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #4,048 of 7,417
Thanks, I believe it is the ice blue. I told them I wanted the same color layout as the v6s on their home page. I was hoping the blue would be a little darker but I am very very happy with them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back