1964 Ears
Jun 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3,901 of 7,417
The fit is great, I get a slight popping sensation when I open my mouth too far, but even then the seal never breaks. They're actually quite comfy, more so than I expected from hard acrylic.

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #3,903 of 7,417
Originally Posted by mrdavis55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my V6's! I've been using them about 3 weeks and I have to say they BLOW AWAY my SE535's. I won't be switching back.

Nice color choice.. looks identical to what I had for my Quads (way back when).

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,904 of 7,417
Well said MistahBungle,

I am not 'hanging' the guys and gals at 1964, just sharing the experiences I have had for the last week.  Perhaps I am bit anxious but these are my first CIEMs and while a great value, they are still a pretty expensive purchase.  I have no doubt though, when I have my V6s in my ears, everything will be perfect and I will be on here singing the praises of 1964s stellar product quality. 

Moving on to another topic...

I decided to forgo either the carbon fiber or wood faceplates and instead just went with a nice understated build in Platinum with recessed plugs.  I thought it would probably be a better use of the $100+ on customizing the look of the V6s to instead use that money for some custom cables.  Does anyone have some advice on which custom cables match best with the V6s or 1964s in general?  I'm hoping that they all have a standard plug and that the recessed plugs will work with the customs.

(Edit: Upon more research with Moon Audio, it would seem that the JH/UE/Westone 'standard' cables all have a narrower section at the headphone end of the cable that looks perfect for recessed sockets.  So the question is now, is it worth it, and which are the best ones to use.) 

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #3,905 of 7,417
My V3's just arrived about 20 minutes ago! Download of lossless In Absentia has commenced. Meanwhile, listening to Get Lucky on Spotify. Audio source is PC through home stereo system. Probably not the pro stuff some of y'all are into but the sound is already amazing! Can't wait to hear my guitar through these tomorrow!

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,906 of 7,417
Quote:
My V3's just arrived about 20 minutes ago! Download of lossless In Absentia has commenced. Meanwhile, listening to Get Lucky on Spotify. Audio source is PC through home stereo system. Probably not the pro stuff some of y'all are into but the sound is already amazing! Can't wait to hear my guitar through these tomorrow!

Pics or it didn't happen! 
gs1000.gif

(I've always wanted to say that!)

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #3,910 of 7,417
I opted for no artwork or logos. The only customization I got was the recessed sockets. The color scheme is a tribute to my dad who refinished my #1 guitar in a blueburst paint scheme.

Mind showing us that guitar? :wink:

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,915 of 7,417
Quote:
I opted for no artwork or logos. The only customization I got was the recessed sockets. The color scheme is a tribute to my dad who refinished my #1 guitar in a blueburst paint scheme.

There is just something about a clear body with a colored faceplate that I think is classy as hell - My 8A's are coming clear with dark smoke caps (with foil Heir logo embedded inside) - It gives you a glimpse of the work involved. It also can be a vehicle for showing defects (bubbles, etc..) but yours look perfect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back