1964 Ears
May 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #3,841 of 7,417
anyone have any pics of a set of 1964s that have a faceplate that is either smoke, wine red trans, or red trans combined with a shell with any of the other colors?  I'm wanting some sort of combination of red or wine red with smoke but don't know how it would look... anyone have pics??

May 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,843 of 7,417
Quote:

No updates during the build process, and you should not hesitate to call, e-mail, or otherwise bug them about it. Six weeks after payment, I called to ask about my order since it was already significantly behind the quoted build time, and they just sort of lost my impressions without ever having started building and decided not to contact me. So basically two months after I started the whole process I'm right back at square one. After getting a second set of impressions done, probably looking at ~13 weeks total.

I hope that's just an isolated event. Judging from posts I've read here and other places, I'd gather that it is. I suppose this type of thing is prone to occur from time to time in a small shop like theirs. My excitement compelled me to just shoot them a quick email this morning to check on the build status. On my order, it's just about 2.5 weeks into the quoted 3-4 week build time.

May 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3,848 of 7,417
I dropped off my impressions at 1964 ears today. I purchased the V-6 with rush processing(only $75 for me since I'm picking them up in person). I went for two colors: light blue for the left side and a custom more transparent orange for the right, clear canals and the cursive 1964 logo for both.

I listened to the demo pair and didn't want to give it back; just seven more days! :D

May 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #3,850 of 7,417
I had the misfortune of coming in only 20 some minutes before they close for lunch so I only listened to the V-6. I don't really feel comfortable giving impressions of them though because I'm having some issues with ear-wax and my finer parts of my hearing aren't quite up to par right now. :xf_eek:

May 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #3,853 of 7,417
After lurking for quite a while, this is my first post.
I'm 2 weeks out on my Quads, and can't take advantage of this sale, but maybe this will save someone here a few bucks!
http://www.1964ears.com/memorialday_sale.html

Saw that last night. Would be cool if they applied that to orders in their queue.

Oh well. I got a reply from Aleksey yesterday that mine are almost finished and well be shipping out early next week. Very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back