1964 Ears
Jan 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #3,603 of 7,417
I just received my V3's and I LOVE them. The fit is perfect ant the sound is better than I expected. I Demo'd the Dual, V3's, Quads and V6's extensively and decided the V3's were the right choice for me.

I also had them mold me some solid ear plugs and they fit perfect as well. Solidly turning off the world so it's just me and my tinnitus...

The left one is transparent brown, the right is transparent wine red,
both have clear tips (to make wax easier to remove), Teak wood faces
with gold lettering.

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #3,607 of 7,417
My Quads are on the chopping block if anyone is interested - just see my signature.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #3,608 of 7,417
For the V3 1964 writes on their website: "[size=small]This model is recommended for stage use, studio and portable music listening.[/size]" Why is this model better suited for portable music lisstening?

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #3,611 of 7,417
guys im damn confused between either waiting for the v4 .. since the quads are almost end of the line but are more bassy then the v6 or just ordering the v6.. im not a big basshead, but i like tight punchy bass and nice detailed mids, i listen to mostly electronic music, some trance, progressive house.. im loving the 1964 pricing and ready to buy one.. i got my ear impressions done today aswell. just need some help between the models... i know the v6 is more refrence based and the quad is more for the low end.. what would u guys suggest. which would be easier to drive off a macbook pro / maybe a dac or a small portable amp and a 3rd gen itouch .. i dont mind spending on a amp/dac combo later.. just dont want to feel bad that a v4 will be launched 2-3months after i get the quads.. thats if u recomend the quad over the v6... please help since i dont want to get more confused and order asap. :I

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #3,612 of 7,417
Quote:
guys im damn confused between either waiting for the v4 .. since the quads are almost end of the line but are more bassy then the v6 or just ordering the v6.. im not a big basshead, but i like tight punchy bass and nice detailed mids, i listen to mostly electronic music, some trance, progressive house.. im loving the 1964 pricing and ready to buy one.. i got my ear impressions done today aswell. just need some help between the models... i know the v6 is more refrence based and the quad is more for the low end.. what would u guys suggest. which would be easier to drive off a macbook pro / maybe a dac or a small portable amp and a 3rd gen itouch .. i dont mind spending on a amp/dac combo later.. just dont want to feel bad that a v4 will be launched 2-3months after i get the quads.. thats if u recomend the quad over the v6... please help since i dont want to get more confused and order asap. :I

You can always contact 1964Ears directly to ask for advice. Vitaliy is a nice guy, he answered all my question with aplomb when I was interested in getting a V3 even though I end up not ordering. Someone posted the FR graph of V6 somewhere (Maybe in other 1964Ears thread), but V6 also has slightly bumped up bass as shown by the graph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back