1964 Ears
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3,514 of 7,417
Quote:
Email Mr. Kostin graphics@1964ears.com / he was very helpful with my artwork.

I've already emailed him (albeit without knowing his identity) about a week ago with a screenshot of a mock-up on the JH Audio website and the images attached and I've still received no reply. I also forwarded the message to their order and support addresses since then and I only today received a reply from Anastasia saying she would forward my email to the graphics technician.

The email contained some changes I wanted to make to what I had written down on the order form so it's pretty imperative they receive it xD. And if they do, I'm hoping they reply asking for clarification or confirmation.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #3,515 of 7,417
I'm excited for a Miracle vs 1964 V6 review! I CAN'T WAIT!

Very soon I shall have them both in my hands, hang tight :)

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3,516 of 7,417
Picked up my 1964-V3 at the post office today. So far I am very impressed with both the build quality and sound. They surely do not sound like something costing less than half than my current JH16 and previous Heir 8.A. Also, the soft tips option was definitely the right way to go.
redface.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #3,517 of 7,417
Quote:
Picked up my 1964-V3 at the post office today. So far I am very impressed with both the build quality and sound. They surely do not sound like something costing less than half than my current JH16 and previous Heir 8.A. Also, the soft tips option was definitely the right way to go.
redface.gif

How close is it to your jh16? :)

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #3,518 of 7,417
Well, they're two different beasts, so I cannot really rate their "closeness". But I was surprised to hear how pleasant and full the V3 sounds is even out of an iPhone.

I was fearing that me only having owned top-tier CIEMs (and the TWFK Starkey HF-2 which is at the other end of the scale) wouldn't really allow for me to appreciate a "simple" 3-driver setup. I certainly don't think that'll be the case and I can easily imagine myself using these for the sake of variation without feeling like I'm missing something.

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,519 of 7,417
Can someone comment on the differences in design with regard to the V series? I am asking this because they are now using a different tuning and even different balanced armatures for V3 and V6. So instead of offering their existing customers driver upgrades like other companies did, they took a different route and (maybe) improved their tuning and design? I've had my Quads for almost 2 years now and I'm now considering to try something else. I flirted with the 8.A but the cost is enormous now. So can someone from the 1964 Ears comment on the new philosophy? Or any head-fiers who know what I am talking about :)

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #3,520 of 7,417
Quote:
Can someone comment on the differences in design with regard to the V series? I am asking this because they are now using a different tuning and even different balanced armatures for V3 and V6. So instead of offering their existing customers driver upgrades like other companies did, they took a different route and (maybe) improved their tuning and design? I've had my Quads for almost 2 years now and I'm now considering to try something else. I flirted with the 8.A but the cost is enormous now. So can someone from the 1964 Ears comment on the new philosophy? Or any head-fiers who know what I am talking about :)

I think they felt the need to build their CIEM's more towards audiophiles as opposed to musicians and studio work.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #3,521 of 7,417
Quote:
I think they felt the need to build their CIEM's more towards audiophiles as opposed to musicians and studio work.

Hmmm, I'm a bit confused. I'm assuming you meant audiophile to refer to people who want FLAT frequency responses. And musicians refers to people who want a signature that sounds more colored and musical? But then in each category there are people with a plethora of different preferences for sound signature. Also wouldn't listening equipment for studio work need to be flat?

I am lost. I need elaboration. I need an adult 
frown.gif
 (I really am not an adult yet)

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #3,522 of 7,417
Quote:
redface.gif

Could you please tell when did you order your V3s?

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #3,524 of 7,417
gotta ask a few questions before i put in my order.
1) anyone has a V6 yet? any opinions?
2) is wine red someone like a deep fuchsia? anyone have a picture?
3) anyone ordered soft canals? i read that it breaks off after while, is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back