1964 Ears
Apr 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #3,106 of 7,417

Quote:
I suggest getting the rush order unless you're ok with waiting. They must be stacked since they said I would have them by the end of this week but alas, it'll be end of next week if I'm lucky. It'll be 4 weeks for me, but if you don't mind the wait then no need :)

That might be partly my fault.
I paid extra to jump the queue, and my pair has been causing nothing but trouble ever since.

Next time though (1964-V6's) I'll be able to wait my turn since I'll already have a nice pair of Customs to keep me satisfied.

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #3,107 of 7,417
Makes me remember those old times when I had to wait nearly 2 months to get mine, and another month to have them refitted/fixed. 
deadhorse.gif

Quote:
I suggest getting the rush order unless you're ok with waiting. They must be stacked since they said I would have them by the end of this week but alas, it'll be end of next week if I'm lucky. It'll be 4 weeks for me, but if you don't mind the wait then no need :)

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #3,108 of 7,417
A very weird update:

Earlier today I was listening to my current setup, 120GB iPod Classic --> Homegrown Audio DNA cable LOD --> iBasso D12 --> 1964 Quads.

I suddenly got curious about how digital silence would sound with this setup at the D12's Highest Volume. Thus, I turned off the iPod and cranked the D12 volume up to max, all setup connections still in place...

And suddenly I heard MUSIC!!! and then some COMMENTARY!!! Yes, my setup somehow picked up the local radio signal and amplified it enough for the very sensitive 1964 Quads to pick up.

That was when my setup was sitting on the table, then I picked it up and held it in my hands, and that even further amplified the signal! It was enough for me to be able to listen clearly to that music on the radio.

After much testing, I've managed to isolate it down to the iPod being the signal-pickup. Not sure how much this relates to 1964 EARS, but I can guess this shows how sensitive the 1964 Quads are...

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #3,109 of 7,417
Heh

Reminds me of the time I was waiting at a train station.  Listening to my then state of the art (or was it in a state, I always get those two confused!) aiwa cassette player (yup that long ago)when I suddenly heard over my headphones the nearby taxi rank radio chatter.  Scared me half to death.

Cheers

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #3,110 of 7,417
Makes me remember those old times when I had to wait nearly 2 months to get mine, and another month to have them refitted/fixed. 
deadhorse.gif

Quote:

Well that's no fun. At this rate though I think I'll be waiting close to two months... I mean they keep telling me they're finishing up and they're going to be sending them out... But I haven't had a email from them or any word since they said that and it's kinda bumming me out. :frowning2:

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #3,113 of 7,417

Quote:
As an update my impressions got there last Tuesday and apparently they will be shipping them tomorrow so hopefully I have my quads soon.

Be patient as they do take quite a while to make. :)

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #3,116 of 7,417
You guys should check out Anastasia's new album. It's really good. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #3,118 of 7,417
Well gents they've finally arrived. I nearly vaulted the counter and smooched the mail lady when she handed me the package.
That would have been weird.

1964 Ears has done right by me, and I'll stand by their craftsmanship. 

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #3,119 of 7,417
Well gents they've finally arrived. I nearly vaulted the counter and smooched the mail lady when she handed me the package.
That would have been weird.

1964 Ears has done right by me, and I'll stand by their craftsmanship. 

Looks nice! So I was notified that they had some unforeseen complications, but sent it out. Turns out it was supposed to be guaranteed by 4/13 at 12 pm. I still don't have them and I called USPS, seems like they might have lost the package... I don't know if I should me pissed off or sad.

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #3,120 of 7,417
They actually came in exactly 24 hours after my last post so far I am really enjoying them. Cant give exact impressions yet but I do know they sound great out of my desktop setup even tho I cannot tolerate the volume higher than 2 on low gain (nfb-10se). also e7 seems to pair well with them as well.

Also not sure if I have a fit issue but I will give it time I do have a proper seal I know that for sure, but I get some discomfort sometimes that feels like the tip is digging into my ear I may not have them inserted right and I am going to think its user error I have had 2-3 listening sessions where that discomfort goes away but will come back (2-4 hour spans)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back