1964 Ears
Mar 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #3,001 of 7,417
Well I sent off my JH10x3's in the mail today, and should be getting them back all shiny and new around the 21st or so.

I'll be sure to post some pictures of them when they get back to me, and give a little impression of 1964's build quality and fit.
Ultimately all impressions of sound will be left in the JH threads unless otherwise requested.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #3,002 of 7,417

Quote:
okay... gonna revive this thread.. im new here..i have been conversing with Aleksey from 1964 ears and he tells me that there are not much reviews for the dual driver models but he says those who have tried it said that it compares to the JH 5 pro. Good bass, clean mids and non fatiguing highs. so i am planing on ordering on set soon buy currently is still stuck between the UE 4 PRO, JH 5pro or the 1964-D.

I haven't heard the 1964-D or the JH5pro. But I have heard the UE4pro and it wasn't anything too special. It sounded nice but there are so many other strong competitors that it is hard to recommend. At the same $400 price, the 1964-T sounds far better. If I was spending $400 I'd look into the 1964-T, or else save a bit and go with the duals. 

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #3,003 of 7,417
okay... gonna revive this thread.. im new here..i have been conversing with Aleksey from 1964 ears and he tells me that there are not much reviews for the dual driver models but he says those who have tried it said that it compares to the JH 5 pro.Good bass, clean mids and non fatiguing highs. so i am planing on ordering on set soon buy currently is still stuck between the UE 4 PRO, JH 5pro or the 1964-D.

I have the 1964-Duals.
It's about time I revise my original impressions and make it into a full review.
It's different from the jh-5, more lean and less mid-bass.

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #3,004 of 7,417
Unfortunately I don't have time to read 200 pages, so I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions I have.
How does the JH5 compare to the 1964 D and T in regards to sound (Bass - mids - highs) taking into account the JH5 are considered "warm"

I'm a big fan of Senn HD650/LCD2, the warmer kind of sound and bass. Which of these 3 iems would suite me best?

Thanks for the help!

The 1964-D is far from warm, mids aren't lush at all like in the hd6xx.
If you want a more lcd2 signature, look towards the quads.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #3,005 of 7,417
Thanks for the replies guys. That was what Aleksey for 1964 ears said. I'm more in to mids, sound stage and clarity so I am not sure if the 1964-D will be good for me. I am located in Singapore so it will be quite hard for me to get my hands on a demo unit... basically, as I am in Singapore the shipping will be quite expensive. For the 1964-D plus shipping will cost me around 400 as shipping is 70 USD.They do have a international rush build option though, which they charge 95USD for, which includes international shipping so I have kinda decided on that if I do get the 1964-D...I have ruled out the UE's as its quite hard to get in Singapore and I don't really like UE's sound signature. I did try the JH5 pro demo unit and the live wire demo unit and I prefer the live wires over the JHs.. sooo I'm still undecided...I have been using normal iems like forever so getting customs means the last purchase for an iem so I want to make sue I make the right choice...Thanks for the help guys
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #3,006 of 7,417
Thanks for the replies guys. That was what Aleksey for 1964 ears said. I'm more in to mids, sound stage and clarity so I am not sure if the 1964-D will be good for me. I am located in Singapore so it will be quite hard for me to get my hands on a demo unit... basically, as I am in Singapore the shipping will be quite expensive. For the 1964-D plus shipping will cost me around 400 as shipping is 70 USD.They do have a international rush build option though, which they charge 95USD for, which includes international shipping so I have kinda decided on that if I do get the 1964-D...I have ruled out the UE's as its quite hard to get in Singapore and I don't really like UE's sound signature. I did try the JH5 pro demo unit and the live wire demo unit and I prefer the live wires over the JHs.. sooo I'm still undecided...I have been using normal iems like forever so getting customs means the last purchase for an iem so I want to make sue I make the right choice...Thanks for the help guys:D

Actually if you're a clarity and mids guy, the duals will be perfect.
They have a weirdly top to bottom soundstage though, as opposed to spherical.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #3,007 of 7,417
okay.thanks. i was thinking of changing the cables after a few months of use.do you have any reviews on effectcables or the the moon audio silver dragon v1 cables?
http://www.moon-audio.com/audio-cables/moon-audio-headphone-cables/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-iem-cable.html
http://www.effectaudio.com/category/apollo/t
thanks

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #3,008 of 7,417
Effect Audio cables and the Moon Audio Silver Dragon are all covered here

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #3,010 of 7,417
Out of curiosity, is their any comparison to the remolding service from 1964 for Triple 10's over their Quad or Triple driver models? It seems like a cost effective option for the frequency response range and a triple driver setup.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #3,011 of 7,417
So I decided to go with the Q, and currently my IEMs are about to be started. Just as an fyi, if you don't give a clear example of how you want the artwork, it's going to be extra for a mock up. Something to consider if you want the artwork :)

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #3,012 of 7,417

Quote:
So I decided to go with the Q, and currently my IEMs are about to be started. Just as an fyi, if you don't give a clear example of how you want the artwork, it's going to be extra for a mock up. Something to consider if you want the artwork :)

Out of curiosity, how much extra for a mock up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back