1964 Ears
Mar 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #1,910 of 7,417

Quote:
Lots of great reviews :)
Still working on mine.
Coming out way too long lol.

I'm really looking forward to yours when it's complete
My mom is contemplating on going with a triple.fi reshell; but I'm thinking these will be better for her since she specifically plans to use them for singing. have an opinion on the matter?

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #1,911 of 7,417
Do you guys consider the 1964-T to be a big step up from the ck-10? i am thinking of an upgrade, or should i just get a portable amp instead?

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #1,912 of 7,417

Quote:
Do you guys consider the 1964-T to be a big step up from the ck-10? i am thinking of an upgrade, or should i just get a portable amp instead?

Rawrster would be the one to ask. To quote his review of the 1964-T:

"I find that the 1964-T as a whole package is better than any universal I have owned including my favorite universal in the CK10 which I have bought, sold and then bought again and currently in my possession. The 1964-T doesn't “destroy” the CK10 or top universals in every single way leaving them in the dust but as the whole package it does things better."

I'm sure he can answer specific questions as far as what it does or doesn't do better.

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #1,913 of 7,417

Quote:

Joker has also heard both and written detailed reviews on them - he rates the 1964-Ts higher than the CK10s. You may want to check this link and ask him any questions you may have there. Although I don't always agree with Joker's views, he's a highly regarded Head-fier.

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #1,914 of 7,417

Quote:

I used the CK10 with my dac/amp and straight out of my J3 mostly. I don't like carrying the extra bulk of an amp and a cable. With the 1964-T and the CK10 the difference out of the J3 was there but not as great a difference as with the dac/amp. I do remember using the CK10 with the mini3 amp when I owned them the first time and didn't find a good enough difference to carry around the amp. IMO the greater upgrade is the 1964-T but you will be losing things such as resale value, comfort, low profile and such things like that.

The CK10 while a good iem does have a couple of things that it loses out to with the 1964-T. The first is the bass presentation. The 1964-T offers a more realistic bass with greater resolution and also more impact than the CK10. It does sound more natural then the CK10. The treble of the CK10 and 1964-T is also different. The CK10 has a more in your face presentation and also a pretty noticeable spike in the treble. The 1964-T has neither of those qualities as the treble smooths out. However that does not mean that the CK10 has more detail there.

When I had both before I sold the CK10 (for the second time) the CK10 was getting no use while the 1964-T was getting much more use. The presentation is slightly different especially in the treble where the CK10 has an in your face presentation while the 1964-T does not.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #1,916 of 7,417
thanks for the helpful replies project86,music_4321 and rawster, will read up on the reviews currently up. been away from headfi for a long time. thanks again.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #1,919 of 7,417

Quote:

I'm really looking forward to yours when it's complete
My mom is contemplating on going with a triple.fi reshell; but I'm thinking these will be better for her since she specifically plans to use them for singing. have an opinion on the matter?

Vocals are definitely very upfront in the mix compared to traditional iems.
They are effortlessly smooth without sounding dull or boring.
Definitely prefer them over say the mids on the shure 535s or dba02s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back