1964 Ears
Mar 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #1,891 of 7,417

Quote:
hi guys,

i have one question. if i have to twist my earphones in an anti-clockwise direction to get a better seal ?

which part of the earphones is lacking in seal ? canal ? apeture ?

http://ultimateears.com/support/fit-tool/main.html

Pardon me for being a little slow..... but if you twist each one counter clockwise, aren't they opposite from each other? So counter clockwise for each one is the opposite direction of the other?

Let me ask you this way: Are you trying to get the "stem" deeper into your canal when you twist? Or are you trying to back it out a little? 

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #1,892 of 7,417
Sorry but being unclear. I think its the former, to get the stem deeper into my canal because i have a significant improvement on the bass.

Anyway it is clockwise direction for my right earphones not clockwise.  

Quote:
Pardon me for being a little slow..... but if you twist each one counter clockwise, aren't they opposite from each other? So counter clockwise for each one is the opposite direction of the other?

Let me ask you this way: Are you trying to get the "stem" deeper into your canal when you twist? Or are you trying to back it out a little? 

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,893 of 7,417

Quote:
Sorry but being unclear. I think its the former, to get the stem deeper into my canal because i have a significant improvement on the bass.

Anyway it is clockwise direction for my right earphones not clockwise.  

OK, a few possibilities: you either don't have a deep enough/long enough stem....

Or the bowl area is too extended, thus stopping the stem from going in as deep as it should, or....

The stem itself needs to be a bit bigger around to really plug the ear more. 

That's all I can think of for now. Is there any discomfort after wearing for a while, or is it just the issue with bass?

Mar 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #1,894 of 7,417

Quote:
I have had mine for almost a week now.  The fit so far is great.  No issues there at all.  I do have one concern though, and I'm wondering if it is me being stupid.  There is a large bubble on the backsaide of the one that looks bad IMHO.  Take a look and let me know if you think I should bring it up:

can we get a pic of the bass drivers from the side..... it seems like they didnt orient the drivers with the clearance/bubble issue the same as the other.... maybe they have enough room to bring it down a bit

Mar 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #1,895 of 7,417
That "bubble" that is being discussed is not really a bubble, as far as I understand it. Many of my customs have that, from a variety of brands. I think it has to do with the spacing of the driver and how it lines up with the faceplate.

I think it goes like this: The shell is made based on your mold, and then the drivers and crossover are assembled inside. Lastly, the faceplate gets attached and the whole thing is sealed up. But often the faceplate can not fit into place as-is because there is not enough clearance. So a section of the faceplate needs to be made thinner to allow for the drivers. This doesn't always appear on the faceplate part; some of mine have a similar bubble on the "bowl" area.

I'm mostly concerned with having the drivers sit at the proper distance and angle required for optimum sound. The appearance thing is not a problem for me. But if it bugs you too much, perhaps they can try to redo them without a visible "bubble". It may not be possible though, just based on your ears.

Also, I have huge ears, so I don't think this problem is limited to people with small ears.

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #1,896 of 7,417
[size=10pt]Oh man, I’ve been using my 1964Q for a week. The fit is horrible... my right monitor is too tight near the canal area causing discomfort and my left is too loose on the outer... and worse... channel imbalance to the right side.. totally disappointed. Probably sending back...[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]It seems that quite a number of people are having fit issues too...[/size]

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #1,897 of 7,417

Quote:
[size=10pt]Oh man, I’ve been using my 1964Q for a week. The fit is horrible... my right monitor is too tight near the canal area causing discomfort and my left is too loose on the outer... and worse... channel imbalance to the right side.. totally disappointed. Probably sending back...[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]It seems that quite a number of people are having fit issues too...[/size]

Probably? If you've got issues, why not send them back right away? They'll try to make good.

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #1,899 of 7,417
erm no discomfort at all it's just the issue with the bass.

would it better to do another ear impression and get it fix ?

Quote:
OK, a few possibilities: you either don't have a deep enough/long enough stem....

Or the bowl area is too extended, thus stopping the stem from going in as deep as it should, or....

The stem itself needs to be a bit bigger around to really plug the ear more. 

That's all I can think of for now. Is there any discomfort after wearing for a while, or is it just the issue with bass?

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #1,900 of 7,417

Quote:
erm no discomfort at all it's just the issue with the bass.

would it better to do another ear impression and get it fix ?

I'd contact 1964 about it. I assume you are just not getting a good enough seal. They should still have your impressions, so they can advise if they want you to send your monitors in to make the stem a little larger or longer. Or maybe they will tell you to try for new impressions. I kind of doubt it though because you sound like you are close to getting a good fit, so it seems like more of a minor adjustment. But certainly contact them to find out.

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #1,902 of 7,417
Thanks for the review.

The 1964-T's will be my first step into Custom IEM's also- or IEM's in general. I'm happy to hear that your impression of the bass. I'm not a bass head, but eve since I got a seperate sub for my stereo system last year I'm enjoying more separation in my music than before and am keen to have tight, punchy and good bass without it being boomy and over powering. I was told that mine may ship this Thursday so fingers crossed!!

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,903 of 7,417

Quote:
Thanks for the review.

The 1964-T's will be my first step into Custom IEM's also- or IEM's in general. I'm happy to hear that your impression of the bass. I'm not a bass head, but eve since I got a seperate sub for my stereo system last year I'm enjoying more separation in my music than before and am keen to have tight, punchy and good bass without it being boomy and over powering. I was told that mine may ship this Thursday so fingers crossed!!

That's pretty much exactly how I'd describe the 1964-T. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #1,904 of 7,417

Quote:
Thanks for the review.

It sounds like you're in for a treat then, this is exactly how the triples sound to me.

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #1,905 of 7,417
Lots of great reviews :)
Still working on mine.
Coming out way too long lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back