1964 Ears
Mar 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #1,726 of 7,417

Quote:
So I've been enjoying the 1964-T as of late. I was listening to them today and they are quite good considering I only paid $350 for them. However I think on the 21st I'll be sending them back for a refit. I'm not quite sure yet however. I do lose seal a bit on one ear when I'm eating and also adjust that ear a bit every now and then since I feel it losing seal so I guess it moves around a bit when walking. It's not a big issue and doesn't affect the sound but it a bit annoying. I no longer have my Livewires since I sent them off to UM so I'll wait to get my W4 before sending them off.

Quit eating with your customs in! No matter how good the fit is, it sounds gross.

Quote:
These things are made by strippers?!  I'm in!

That's what I got out of the previous posts too....

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #1,727 of 7,417
Mar 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #1,729 of 7,417

Quote:
Audiologists do charge around $50 for a ~20 minute procedure where they barely touch you.... so there are similarities.

my audiologist is a little more than middle aged so she charged about half as much

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #1,731 of 7,417
I took my quads in for a refit and I forgot that I used my work email address when I ordered them originally. They sent me an email at 1:30am Saturday morning telling me they were ready for pickup. I hadn't checked that email account until just now. One, those are some crap hours they are working and two, why didn't I check that account on Saturday????? ^%&@^%#

Quote:
So I went to the office of 1964 today to drop off my impressions for a set of triples... and they sure are busy.  I walked in and asked if they have been busy and he pointed to a wall... and there were like 30 sets all in trays that he said were just recently finished... apparently, the techs were up late last night, and there was no one there except Alex at 9:30a... Well he helped me make my order, cool guy.  I have to say, I don't know why they moved their office, because their new one is in a pretty seedy part of town... and it was kind of a mess... I don't know why, but by the quality products they are putting out, I am just surprised by their office / lab... I guess I envisioned an artistic, upscale office / lab, but currently it looks like a small room with about 8 workstations... The picture on the website must be of the older office... I think this is understandable, I am sure most of their business is by mail... so not really a store front workshop... but it would be cool to see a front receptionist area with maybe a chair for doing impressions... but who knows... maybe not something they want to get into... Well I am sure my triples will come out just fine... thought I would just share that with you all... 

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #1,732 of 7,417

[size=medium]
Wow, that is a late night email.  Explains why they weren't there at 9:30am on a Friday.  They must be nocturnal.  
[/size]

Quote:
I took my quads in for a refit and I forgot that I used my work email address when I ordered them originally. They sent me an email at 1:30am Saturday morning telling me they were ready for pickup. I hadn't checked that email account until just now. One, those are some crap hours they are working and two, why didn't I check that account on Saturday????? ^%&@^%#

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,733 of 7,417
Finally... order shipped on 11 March... after making payment on 8th Feb. What a long agonizing wait for my 1964-Q...

I made payment on the same day they received my impressions and order form on the 7th of Feb. I have yet to receive any sort of notice about a ship date. I'm starting to think waiting quietly and patiently for my order was not the way to go.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #1,734 of 7,417
Apparently, based on the email from 1964 Ears that Erieg got, their staff has been working up to at least 1.30 am on a SATURDAY. Given my humble opinion, I believe they are REALLY working on it to try and make the production and turnaround time faster. You may check their Website for office hours, and they clearly stated,

"Office hours:  Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST"

I would personally willing to be a bit more patient given this indication on how they are currently working, but by all means do agree that it is rather frustrating when we have to wait up to a month to have our IEMs done.

just my two cents.

Quote:
Quote:
Finally... order shipped on 11 March... after making payment on 8th Feb. What a long agonizing wait for my 1964-Q...

I made payment on the same day they received my impressions and order form on the 7th of Feb. I have yet to receive any sort of notice about a ship date. I'm starting to think waiting quietly and patiently for my order was not the way to go.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #1,735 of 7,417
Here is what I got at 1:30am on Sat.

Hi XXXX, your ears are ready for pick up. We will be open from 10-2 tomorrow.
Thanks for choosing 1964 EARS!

Anastasia Belonozhko
Office Assistant
1964 EARS, LLC

Please not that she was referring to 10-2 on a Saturday (I don't think she realized what time it was when she emailed me). Guys they are really trying. 

(Edited to remove my name to protect my cherished anonymity.. or something like that. Maybe I should put it back. I always thought having a stalker might be cool)

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #1,736 of 7,417
Erieg, 
That lines up with what they said when I showed up on Friday to drop off my impressions.. He said they were working 'til real late the previous night..  It does seem like they are really working hard to make head way on all the orders.. 

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #1,738 of 7,417
I will have more tomorrow but with the week I spent with them I really loved the lows/mids. The sound was very rich and full with out being dark. The highs still shine but they don't dominate the sound. I spent my time shuffling between classic rock, 70s R&B and some industrial because I was in a horrid mood one day. The quads adapted to each style wonderfully. I haven't tried jazz or classical yet, they are on my to do list after I go pick them up.

Quote:
Anyone else with actual impressions on the 1964-Q?

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,739 of 7,417

Quote:
I will have more tomorrow but with the week I spent with them I really loved the lows/mids. The sound was very rich and full with out being dark. The highs still shine but they don't dominate the sound. I spent my time shuffling between classic rock, 70s R&B and some industrial because I was in a horrid mood one day. The quads adapted to each style wonderfully. I haven't tried jazz or classical yet, they are on my to do list after I go pick them up.

That confuses me, are the highs pretty noticeably recessed like on the frequency chart? 

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #1,740 of 7,417
the sound sig really depends on what your own opinion. but from what i have heard, the quads are recessed to slightly recessed in the treble after comparing to the TF10 (sparkly to the point of annoyance at times and the brainwavz B2s which are similarily forward but without the recessed mids) but after using the customs for about a week (currently being refitted) I do deeply miss the subbass that was clearly audible when other headphones have difficulty reproducing it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back