1964 Ears
Mar 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #1,591 of 7,417
And do they even look better? I've seen some pics of customs they've done that have tips coloured differently to the main shell. I assume you can still have this and without the $25 surcharge? Surely though, that would take the same time and effort as clear tips which confuses me. If they'd said that if you want tips a different colour to the main shell, it's $25 extra, that would make sense.

Like I said, the value part of my brain says take the (for me, free) clear tips option but I'm worried they'll yellow over time.

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,592 of 7,417
I haven't seen any recent clear customs yellow over time so I chose the clear tips option. If it had cost money I would have just stuck to the color I had without the clear tips. They may look nice but I'm not planning on spending more time looking at them than listening to them.

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #1,593 of 7,417

Quote:
I pretty much paid for them as soon as I sent the impressions. I actually sent a physical order form with the package and a completed PDF version via email at the same time. I also badgered them to send the invoice ASAP so I could pay before the 1st March to qualify for the free international delivery and possibly clear tips (see below). I don't expect to be seeing them for about a month and am still deciding about customisations anyway.

I'm still a little confused as to the pros and cons of clear tips versus non clear. Part of me wants to have them just because they will cost $25 extra from now on but what are the benefits apart from the visual?

I did the same. Physical order form with my impressions which were received on Feb 28th along with a request to invoice me asap. They were having a paypal issue so couldn't do it until yesterday but they assured me i'll still get my clear tips at no charge. I had decided my customisations Pre- send. I'm getting solid black faceplate, Semi transparent black mid (not translucent) and clear tips.

RE: the clear tips, I had thought it was just design, but one thing that is in my head is that if I get wax inside the ducts, that I could spot it easier with transparent canals and would know to clean them. Maybe that's just a notion to me though.

Yes mate, looks like we'll be getting ours around the start of April. How do you expect customs to work? Hold for payment or deliver then spring a bill on you after?

BANE

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #1,594 of 7,417

Quote:

I did the same. Physical order form with my impressions which were received on Feb 28th along with a request to invoice me asap. They were having a paypal issue so couldn't do it until yesterday but they assured me i'll still get my clear tips at no charge. I had decided my customisations Pre- send. I'm getting solid black faceplate, Semi transparent black mid (not translucent) and clear tips.

RE: the clear tips, I had thought it was just design, but one thing that is in my head is that if I get wax inside the ducts, that I could spot it easier with transparent canals and would know to clean them. Maybe that's just a notion to me though.

Yes mate, looks like we'll be getting ours around the start of April. How do you expect customs to work? Hold for payment or deliver then spring a bill on you after?

BANE

I'm yet another UK buyer.  My sky blue Quads should be delivered around early April.

Now for BANE's customs question.  I've bought quite a few items from the US, mainly from ALO Audio.  They ship internationally with USPS the same as 1964 Ears.  The way it has always worked before is that Parcelforce here in the UK will pay customs and VAT charges to get your package out of customs.  You'll then receive a letter from them telling you they have your package, quoting the charges incurred (customs, VAT and Parcelforce's handling fee) and giving you a reference number for their website to allow payment.  Once on the website you can pay the charges by credit card and tell them your preferred delivery date.

Hope this helps.

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #1,595 of 7,417
Hey Steve.

Congrats on your quads. I'd have liked to but considering my thought process went from Kozee Infinity X1's originally through 1964 singles, duals to triples, I really just couldn't go any further budget wise.

Thanks very much for the customs insight, I'll know to prepare for this then.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #1,596 of 7,417

Quote:
I know how it feels. Been waiting for mine since February 7. Apparently they just moved to their new office so that's tripping them up a little. We can only hope for no refits being necessary...

same here! I've made payment around that time too.. 1964 ears defaulted on their promise that they'll send it out last week. Now I'm seriously getting just that bit angry.. and if refit deem necessary i'm gonna ask for refund of some sort. =/

Further more, i'll be away for 2 months now... sucks to be me.

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #1,597 of 7,417
Just wrote and e-mail to 1964ears and asked them to refund me the $75 which I paid for the rush build.
My impressions have been sent on the 11th of February
The payment has been made on the 22nd of February.
I asked them if they would be able to finish the quads by the end of last week (which would've been 6 days after payment) and I was told that they aren't able to but they should be up and running on monday.
Then on monday, when I asked for the status again, I was told that they had just received my impressions! *ugh*
And to be honest, I can't really believe that. Aleksey has given me the impression, that they have everything they needed in order to start assembling.
And I don't think it takes 2 1/2 weeks for a package to be shipped from Germany to the US. I have send 2 packages to JH Audio and they arrived no later than a week.
It took JH Audio about 2 days to assemble them and 1 day for refit!
I'm just not willing to pay $75 for 10+ days...

I had a good feeling about the company in the beginning but I seemed to be wrong.
And I hate it when people promise something that they can't keep! (I was told 3-5 days for rush build!!)

They better be flawless !!

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #1,599 of 7,417
I shipped standard Royal Air Mail from Northern Ireland on a Saturday morning and they arrived 6 business days later. I guess they had a smooth trip.

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #1,601 of 7,417
[size=10pt]A quick update for those who are considering getting 1964 Ears. It seems that the lead time is at least a month or so at this period... I can see that at least 4 headifer including aLm0sT, spekkio, DKaz and me are still waiting for our orders since early Feb.. [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]I'm certainly getting kinda angry about it because IMO 1964 ears hasn't been exactly honest to their customers when faced with difficulty in meeting deadlines (correct me if I’m wrong). My emails to them were mostly replied with something like "they are sorry and are busy due to relocating and surges in orders and thus they need a week more or so" but after waiting like an idiot for a week.. No updates from them until I asked.  [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]For those who are new, don’t get me wrong. 1964 ears has good customer service but do keep in mind of possible delays on orders fulfillment and so to prevent disappointments. However, there is the option of doing a rush build at a $75. =) [/size]

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #1,602 of 7,417

Quote:
[size=10pt]A quick update for those who are considering getting 1964 Ears. It seems that the lead time is at least a month or so at this period... I can see that at least 4 headifer including aLm0sT, spekkio, DKaz and me are still waiting for our orders since early Feb.. [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]I [/size]

Eeeer... to be accurate, almost only made payment on the 22nd of Febuary so only 8 working days has passed assuming that they had the impression already.  You can believe they lied about not realizing that they haven't received his impression across the ocean when they told him a date or what not... but really, at the very least, he hasn't been waiting since early feb.

Too lazy to see what the case is for the others you listed.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #1,603 of 7,417

Quote:
same here! I've made payment around that time too.. 1964 ears defaulted on their promise that they'll send it out last week. Now I'm seriously getting just that bit angry.. and if refit deem necessary i'm gonna ask for refund of some sort. =/

Further more, i'll be away for 2 months now... sucks to be me.

The 1964 website says that there is a 15-20 day build time from when both your impressions and payment have been received. They received mine on Feb 7th, which means that they should be done on Monday or Tuesday ish, not forgetting that they moved offices which could cause a delay. It seems like your getting angry for no reason if they started your order around the same time as mine. I really want my monitors too, but there's no point getting worked up. Not until they are actually late at least.

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #1,604 of 7,417

Quote:

The 1964 website says that there is a 15-20 day build time from when both your impressions and payment have been received. They received mine on Feb 7th, which means that they should be done on Monday or Tuesday ish, not forgetting that they moved offices which could cause a delay. It seems like your getting angry for no reason if they started your order around the same time as mine. I really want my monitors too, but there's no point getting worked up. Not until they are actually late at least.

It was 10-15 business days when I made payment. They changed it recently. And they promised to deliver this week when i contacted them. So i do have a reason to be angry.

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #1,605 of 7,417
You just have to be patient. I understand that it is frustrating but nothing you can do about it and this is not the only company that has taken longer than their advertised turn around. I had a refit for another company that told me it should take a few days but it ended up taking a month :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back