1964 Ears
Jan 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #1,006 of 7,417
I too put in an order of the quads. Impressions rrived this Monday so the waiting begins...

Just out of curiosity, anyone from Canada bought anything from 1964ears? I'm getting concerned about potential custom charges...

I'll be posting a review whenever I receive them and have a chance to test them out (should be around end of February).

Cheers!

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #1,007 of 7,417
finally decided on the color scheme, aleksy informed me that i could choose three different colors for the three sections at no extra cost, realizing that they could vary the transparency of the colors, i decided to do the usual color scheme, red for right, blue for left but the face plate would be the most vivid, the mid section would be clearer and the tips a very light shade

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #1,008 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
I'm interested in a good Quads review because although I was initially looking at the Triples I found out that international shipping is $50 for everything except the Quads which makes them in essence $50 cheaper for me and others not in the US. I was initially put off by the bass heavy suggestions but a few comments to the contrary have made me reconsider.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a couple of nuggets of information regarding the customisation options and pricing. I emailed 1964 Ears and Aleksey replied so here are the emails for anyone interested.

Just be careful of the import tax you will have to pay afterwards! if you are in the uk, its another £70 on the bill! (roughly 20% of $550)

Yeah, I'm worried about that. I wondering if they'd mark the package as a gift or repair if I asked them...

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #1,009 of 7,417
My 1964 Ears Quads package arrived today ... but it was empty!!!  All I received was an empty envelop with one end opened.  
frown.gif

I spoke with their customer support and they are having the postal service look into it.  I was actually surprised that they didn't insure the package, especially because of how much the Quads cost.  

If the Quads don't turn up by Wednesday (or do but are damaged), customer support said that they'd remake my pair (maybe I could request a slight change to my color scheme—worth a shot).

I guess this situation sucks all around.  But if they do follow through and make good on their word, then this is a very fine company, indeed. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #1,010 of 7,417

Quote:
My 1964 Ears Quads package arrived today ... but it was empty!!!  All I received is an empty envelop with one end opened.  
frown.gif

I spoke with their customer support and they are having the postal service look into it.  I was actually surprised that they didn't insure the package, especially because of how much the Quads cost.  

If the Quads don't turn up by Wednesday (or do but are damaged), customer support said that they'd remake my pair (maybe I could request a slight change to my color scheme—worth a shot).

I guess this situation sucks all around.  But if they do follow through and make good on their word, then this is a very fine company, indeed. 

ouch...that really stinks...they really should have insured the package for their own benefit

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #1,011 of 7,417
That's what I thought, but then thought otherwise.  It would costs them between $4-6 (I'm guessing) to insure each package that they send out.  I imagine that they have figured that it's cheaper to remake the occasional pair than to pay the additional insurance fee for every shipment.  The ratio of successful deliveries to non successful deliveries must be in their favor.  

Quote:
Quote:
My 1964 Ears Quads package arrived today ... but it was empty!!!  All I received is an empty envelop with one end opened.  
frown.gif

ouch...that really stinks...they really should have insured the package for their own benefit

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #1,012 of 7,417
Sorry to hear that. In my case, they used USPS registered mail with tracking number, which I had to sign for it personally, just like regular UPS/Fedex delivery. Did you sign for it?

Which brings up a dilemma to international buyers. should they report the exact value to the custom, or feeling lucky and marking it as a gift or low value item?

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #1,014 of 7,417
You are right about that. The cost of insurance if it is $5 or so would probably be more expensive than just replacing it if you consider the percentage of them that are lost. The cost of the drivers really isn't that expensive and the acrylic isn't that expensive either. It's really the labor and expertise in creating the custom that gives it such a high cost imo.

Either way I hope things get sorted out and I'm sure 1964 Ears will take care of you.

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #1,015 of 7,417
Well the things look 1964 ears are absolutely piled on by orders. You can't expect so few people to not make one or two mistakes. Just be glad they're prompt and address issue. It's interesting to see the Quads getting all the attention from new customers. But it's too expected- people are bass-heads :wink:

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #1,016 of 7,417
I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get an email today telling me that my 1964-T are going to be shipped. Hopefully next week :)

Jan 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #1,018 of 7,417
Just curious to know if it is normal to feel moisture build up in the ear canal when donning the customs? I am feeling it in my left canal but not in right.

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #1,019 of 7,417
donning the customs?

My current set has that mostly on the left side which is the side that doesn't fit 100% correctly. It's good enough but not perfect so it might have something to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back