1964 Ears
Jul 7, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #7,411 of 7,417
Hello Head-Fi, my name is Alex and I’m the customer support rep from 64 Audio. Seeing as Steve Keeley (@CanyonRunner) is now working for Asius full time and is not employed by 64 Audio anymore, we have setup this account to answer any questions and provide support for our products. Please let me know how I can help you.

Always nice to have pro's onboard. Welcome. :)

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #7,413 of 7,417
Thinking of rationalising down my minimalist set up (AQ Nighthawks & Chord Mojo @ home and Momentum 2.0 AE portables for on the go), for a 'do it all' pair of C/IEM's. A little research has highlighted the regard that 1964 Ears seem to be held in. I'm thinking V3's, possibly V6 if I can stretch that far.

Anyone made a similar move? Regrets? Any advice welcomed!

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #7,414 of 7,417
Thinking of rationalising down my minimalist set up (AQ Nighthawks & Chord Mojo @ home and Momentum 2.0 AE portables for on the go), for a 'do it all' pair of C/IEM's. A little research has highlighted the regard that 1964 Ears seem to be held in. I'm thinking V3's, possibly V6 if I can stretch that far.

Anyone made a similar move? Regrets? Any advice welcomed!

Sorry I didn't see this 2 weeks ago :wink:

64Audio don't make the V-series anymore, you have the A-series customs which are a fair bit more expensive than the 'equivalent' V-series customs. Mostly due to Apex I imagine, but also probably because their products are more well known than they were a couple of yrs ago, so I guess they can charge more than they did then. No idea if the equivalent A-series models sound different to the V-series & if so how different.

If you're looking at buying V3 or V6 'pre-loved' (that's such an icky term :D) & having them reshelled, let me know - the V3's were my first CIEM in 2013 & I bought V6S early 2015 so can give you thoughts/impressions of those if you like.

So far as 'regrets' go, nope, none whatsoever. No more buying foamies or worrying about non-detachable cables crapping out like with universals. Comfortable as the proverbial to wear (accuracy of your ear impressions is everything so far as this is concerned).

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #7,415 of 7,417
Sorry I didn't see this 2 weeks ago :wink:

64Audio don't make the V-series anymore, you have the A-series customs which are a fair bit more expensive than the 'equivalent' V-series customs. Mostly due to Apex I imagine, but also probably because their products are more well known than they were a couple of yrs ago, so I guess they can charge more than they did then. No idea if the equivalent A-series models sound different to the V-series & if so how different.

If you're looking at buying V3 or V6 'pre-loved' (that's such an icky term
biggrin.gif
) & having them reshelled, let me know - the V3's were my first CIEM in 2013 & I bought V6S early 2015 so can give you thoughts/impressions of those if you like.

So far as 'regrets' go, nope, none whatsoever. No more buying foamies or worrying about non-detachable cables crapping out like with universals. Comfortable as the proverbial to wear (accuracy of your ear impressions is everything so far as this is concerned).

Thanks for that. I've ended up ordering a pair of Noble's universals to try......will see what that kick-starts!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back