1964 Ears
Jan 29, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #7,396 of 7,417
Hi guys,
I order a V6 stage pair and it is on the way. I am looking to get amp/dac + dap for my first ciem. I narrow my choices to Chord Mojo and Oppo Ha-2 for my amp/dac. I heard that chord mojo is not paring well with Adel A12. I am not sure if it has the same problem with the V6 stage. Have anyone test it with the V6 stage? If it has the same problem then I probably go with the Oppo Ha-2. Since I will use a external amp/dac, will a better daps like X5ii, DX90 or even Fiio X7 improve the sq ? or just go with a decent dap like x1, x3ii, or my Iphone 6+ as a source. I did some research on it, people said that dap/phone only work as a transport/storage when connect to external amp/dac and SQ will stay the same. Is it true? I am a newbie so I am not really sure. I usually listen to pop, edm and some instrumental music. Thanks for your time and sorry my English is not good.

I'm also looking at both of these, but all I've read is that the Mojo pairs great with A12, as you can read on the ADEL thread. Even 1964 ears uses it on trade shows and recommended it. I'm wondering about the Ha-2 though.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #7,397 of 7,417
I'm also looking at both of these, but all I've read is that the Mojo pairs great with A12, as you can read on the ADEL thread. Even 1964 ears uses it on trade shows and recommended it. I'm wondering about the Ha-2 though.

great to hear. I've read that it has less bass and narrow soundstage but I am maybe wrong. And for external amp/dac, do you think I should get a decent dap or a better dap will improve the sq ?

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #7,398 of 7,417
great to hear. I've read that it has less bass and narrow soundstage but I am maybe wrong. And for external amp/dac, do you think I should get a decent dap or a better dap will improve the sq ?

From what i've read, several A12 owners are sworn to mojo, whereas some others prefer another high end DAP. As for me, my A12 sounds already great straight from iPhone 6 with Tidal HiFi. I got the chance to compare my portable setup with sony NW-ZX100 (hi res song) and I can say the different is marginal. ZX100 gives a lil bit more detail and the presentation is a lil more airy. But i couldn't justify the pricetag for that slight improvement.

I still haven't tried desktop + apex glacier setup, but i have to say that A12 scales up pretty well with better gear. But if it has to be portable, then smartphone with tidal will do. speaking out of experience.

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #7,399 of 7,417
I have been using my A6 for a month now, and I am surprised that ADEL tech. makes a huge difference. I could listen music 8 hours a day during the work time, and I don't feel any fatigue. Right now, it hard for me to go back to the non-ADEL IEM because I tried my old IEM today when I was hiking, and 2 hours later I didn't want to wear it anymore for I did feel the pressure inside my ear. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #7,401 of 7,417
  I have been using my A6 for a month now, and I am surprised that ADEL tech. makes a huge difference. I could listen music 8 hours a day during the work time, and I don't feel any fatigue. Right now, it hard for me to go back to the non-ADEL IEM because I tried my old IEM today when I was hiking, and 2 hours later I didn't want to wear it anymore for I did feel the pressure inside my ear. 

+1

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #7,403 of 7,417

May 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #7,408 of 7,417
Wondering how much reshelling ciems cost at 1964.
Cant see any info on thier site.

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in 64 Audio!

The remolding service for both sides of the A-Series is $349.00 ($174.50 per side) + customizations and shipping.

We do not offer re-shelling from the U-Series to the A-Series.

Just email them next time you have a question. Probably would get an answer faster.

May 31, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #7,409 of 7,417
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in 64 Audio!

The remolding service for both sides of the A-Series is $349.00 ($174.50 per side) + customizations and shipping.

We do not offer re-shelling from the U-Series to the A-Series.

Just email them next time you have a question. Probably would get an answer faster.

Thanks bobby.
I did email them.
They did not give a price for reshelling the v6 but confirmed that they would do it.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #7,410 of 7,417
Hello Head-Fi, my name is Alex and I’m the customer support rep from 64 Audio. Seeing as Steve Keeley (@CanyonRunner) is now working for Asius full time and is not employed by 64 Audio anymore, we have setup this account to answer any questions and provide support for our products. Please let me know how I can help you.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back