1964 Ears
Jan 23, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #7,384 of 7,417
  and how's the first impression? btw, did you have to pay import tax?

sound is good, i won't say something really different or something i haven't heard before but in a small form factor, no, its great that i can have the same hifi sound which i get from my desktop setup from a small dap and earphones so thats pretty amazing. the right iem is not a great fit so starts the refit process.

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #7,385 of 7,417
their work is flawless :D what's your first impression? it's A4, isn't it?

A4 and I'm in love with these IEMS. I'm not your traditional head-fi guy who owns a lot of pairs of headphones and spends hours and dollars trying out new ones. i've had a few sets of in ears but none this nice or with this many drivers.

Purchasing the Adels for me was partially wanting better sound out of my in ears when im playing at church, and partially me being interested in the Adel technology in its ability to help protect hearing, help with ear fatigue and be louder and fuller at low volumes.

So far the A4s have lived up to what i expected. i was able to listen for 3+ hours without coming away with a headache, i am able to listen to my iphone(6s+) or my integra home amp(DTM-40.7) using streaming, vinyl or CD at almost HALF the volume and still feel and hear more instrumentation than i have with other headphones. I dont feel like the low end is way to over powering but it definitely very present.

Thats what i got for you on the A4s... you have A12s right? what a dream! maybe one day i'll be playing enough to warrant picking up some A12s and using my A4s for everyday/backups.

Also, in a recent video Steven Ambrose mentions licensing the Adel technology to OTHERS, and licensing the inflatable Adel technology (which they show by aiding hard of hearing people) to 1964, so maybe in a year or two we will see new ADEL from 1964 and ADEL technology in our everyday headphones!

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #7,386 of 7,417
8055253986ddcfa02612cbf77ba126441e8c3371fe434768c5f11abef268805ddc1c13a8.jpg

54423068159e40c36b896297f30a84351ff71a63906e925562a4244f1183fb83a896dc11.jpg

Forgot to post some photos, V6s

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #7,387 of 7,417
their work is flawless :D what's your first impression? it's A4, isn't it?

A4 and I'm in love with these IEMS. I'm not your traditional head-fi guy who owns a lot of pairs of headphones and spends hours and dollars trying out new ones. i've had a few sets of in ears but none this nice or with this many drivers.

Purchasing the Adels for me was partially wanting better sound out of my in ears when im playing at church, and partially me being interested in the Adel technology in its ability to help protect hearing, help with ear fatigue and be louder and fuller at low volumes.

So far the A4s have lived up to what i expected. i was able to listen for 3+ hours without coming away with a headache, i am able to listen to my iphone(6s+) or my integra home amp(DTM-40.7) using streaming, vinyl or CD at almost HALF the volume and still feel and hear more instrumentation than i have with other headphones. I dont feel like the low end is way to over powering but it definitely very present.

Thats what i got for you on the A4s... you have A12s right? what a dream! maybe one day i'll be playing enough to warrant picking up some A12s and using my A4s for everyday/backups.

Also, in a recent video Steven Ambrose mentions licensing the Adel technology to OTHERS, and licensing the inflatable Adel technology (which they show by aiding hard of hearing people) to 1964, so maybe in a year or two we will see new ADEL from 1964 and ADEL technology in our everyday headphones!

Hey man! Thanks for the impression! Nice to hear that it's not a bass monster. What instrument do you play if i may ask?

And yeap I have A12, and i'm still in honeymoon phase, so i'd wait a bit before posting my full impression :D but I used it for stage, and it made my other IEMs sounding dull and thin in comparison :) I'm thinking of getting A4/U4 as spare IEM, but maybe in summer, I'm also interested getting an used Angie or h8p at that price point. So many options :D

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #7,388 of 7,417
for me even the v6s has a lot of bass, a lot.

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #7,390 of 7,417
Hey man! Thanks for the impression! Nice to hear that it's not a bass monster. What instrument do you play if i may ask?

And yeap I have A12, and i'm still in honeymoon phase, so i'd wait a bit before posting my full impression
biggrin.gif
but I used it for stage, and it made my other IEMs sounding dull and thin in comparison
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm thinking of getting A4/U4 as spare IEM, but maybe in summer, I'm also interested getting an used Angie or h8p at that price point. So many options
biggrin.gif

I play bass mostly. I personally dont feel like they are overly heavy on the bass. The bass is definitely present and full, but being used for stage purposes i want to be able to hear those frequencies well . Even in my daily listening though i haven't thought wow there is way too much bass in these.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #7,391 of 7,417
I've been lurking through this thread as I've become really interested in the ADEL series by 64audio, and am torn between which one to get. I'm hoping to get the most balanced one, as I'm planning to utilize them for studio purposes as well as audiophile (everyday) usage -- so probably A3 or A6. I've seen a lot of people compare between the V6S and A3 since they share the same price point, and it seems that the differences are night and day between the two. But what about the difference between the A3 and A6 (or possibly the A5)? Is there a significant enough difference to warrant the extra $500/$300 respectively for either of them? The A5 also seems to be rarely talked about and has an interesting driver configuration of x1 Low/Mid and x4 High.

Also, on a completely unrelated topic, are CIEMs good/durable/not fragile enough to endure various daily actions (such as jogging, walking through a city, etc.)? Hoping to use these on a day-to-day basis but I don't want to break them!

Any experiences you all have regarding the A-series would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. All of the custom designs and color combinations that you all have been posting look super sick -- can't wait to own a pair myself!

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #7,392 of 7,417

And yeap I have A12, and i'm still in honeymoon phase, so i'd wait a bit before posting my full impression
biggrin.gif
but I used it for stage, and it made my other IEMs sounding dull and thin in comparison
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm thinking of getting A4/U4 as spare IEM, but maybe in summer, I'm also interested getting an used Angie or h8p at that price point. So many options
biggrin.gif

I play bass mostly. I personally dont feel like they are overly heavy on the bass. The bass is definitely present and full, but being used for stage purposes i want to be able to hear those frequencies well . Even in my daily listening though i haven't thought wow there is way too much bass in these.

nice, I play bass too! and now I'm able to conclude that I'm kinda bass head :p

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #7,393 of 7,417
  I've been lurking through this thread as I've become really interested in the ADEL series by 64audio, and am torn between which one to get. I'm hoping to get the most balanced one, as I'm planning to utilize them for studio purposes as well as audiophile (everyday) usage -- so probably A3 or A6. I've seen a lot of people compare between the V6S and A3 since they share the same price point, and it seems that the differences are night and day between the two. But what about the difference between the A3 and A6 (or possibly the A5)? Is there a significant enough difference to warrant the extra $500/$300 respectively for either of them? The A5 also seems to be rarely talked about and has an interesting driver configuration of x1 Low/Mid and x4 High.

Also, on a completely unrelated topic, are CIEMs good/durable/not fragile enough to endure various daily actions (such as jogging, walking through a city, etc.)? Hoping to use these on a day-to-day basis but I don't want to break them!

Any experiences you all have regarding the A-series would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. All of the custom designs and color combinations that you all have been posting look super sick -- can't wait to own a pair myself!

hello!!

first thing first, there's a thread for 1964 ADEL IEMS, http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems
If you are aiming to get A-series, you might want to subscribe that thread :) 

Regarding A5, this guy has a detailed impressions on it (and also on A10/U10), and he's a professional sound engineer, it's post 3183 onwards http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/3180

as for daily usage, I use my CIEM everyday , but not for sport, cause I don't wanna sweat ruins them. And make sure you clean your CIEM on daily basis, if not at least once every 3 days, that will prolong the life span of your CIEMs

my experience with A-series: I received mine about 2 weeks ago, and it outperformed my other CIEMs, and it just gets better day by day. Moreover I did A/B test last week to test if ADEL tech really works, I honestly could feel the pressure on my ear drums when I used my normal CIEM, with ADEL, you would never feel that pressure again.

Hope it helps!! :D

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #7,394 of 7,417

I don't 'jog' (can't for various reasons), but I do get a sweat up when I walk briskly which I often do. I've used both my V3's & V6S pretty much every time I do this with no problems whatsoever. Main reasons:-

*Perhaps I don't sweat as much as other people ? (everything is relative I guess)
*I'm really careful removing the earpieces when I'm sweating so sweat doesn't get into the boreholes
*I put them in a hearing aid dryer after I've been using them/sweating

I think the last two probably make the difference. There's no way I'd not use a dryer if I was going to sweat whilst using them regularly (60 bucks for a dryer is small beer compared to what you outlay on the CIEMs), and with that said, they are designed with musicians in mind, and a lot of musicians seem to sweat a lot on stage without going through a pair of CIEMs every single performance.

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #7,395 of 7,417
Hi guys,
I order a V6 stage pair and it is on the way. I am looking to get amp/dac + dap for my first ciem. I narrow my choices to Chord Mojo and Oppo Ha-2 for my amp/dac. I heard that chord mojo is not paring well with Adel A12. I am not sure if it has the same problem with the V6 stage. Have anyone test it with the V6 stage? If it has the same problem then I probably go with the Oppo Ha-2. Since I will use a external amp/dac, will a better daps like X5ii, DX90 or even Fiio X7 improve the sq ? or just go with a decent dap like x1, x3ii, or my Iphone 6+ as a source. I did some research on it, people said that dap/phone only work as a transport/storage when connect to external amp/dac and SQ will stay the same. Is it true? I am a newbie so I am not really sure. I usually listen to pop, edm and some instrumental music. Thanks for your time and sorry my English is not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back