1964 Ears
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #7,021 of 7,417
My V3s have arrived!!

The total time from "impressions received" to "shipped" was two weeks, which is pretty good. The overall look and finish is excellent. These are in wine red and purple translucent colors. Probably few of the last ones in multi-colors before 1964 moves to black and transparent only shells.

For the first timer with CIEMs, I am pretty happy with the sound significant upgrade versus my prior daily wearers (RHA MA 750 and V moda XS). I am no audiophile to describe in poetic terms :rolleyes: But the sound is well balanced with a decent low end punch and a good sound stage. The comfort over a couple of hours of listening period is very good.

My only question is on the level of sealing. It is pretty good overall, but with two caveats. One is I get a break in seal if I make a big grinny face. It does not break during talking or eating (e.g chewing gum). I guess if you keep stretching you face, at some stage the seal will break. Am I correct or I should expect better seal? I feel the overall seal is very good from audio quality POV, as when I move the 'phones and press further, the sound gets worse and not better. So the neutral position is the best position from SQ POV.

Secondly, sometimes, I start getting a bit of squishy feeling. E.g. earlier this week, I spent a day in train, walking and then coming back, while wearing the 'phones. In the afternoon, I started getting the quishiness inside the ears when I am moving the head around. I am guessing the over the day, the sweat and wax cumulates to create this. Again, what is the experience of other users?

Pictures...

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #7,022 of 7,417
My V3s have arrived!!

The total time from "impressions received" to "shipped" was two weeks, which is pretty good. The overall look and finish is excellent. These are in wine red and purple translucent colors. Probably few of the last ones in multi-colors before 1964 moves to black and transparent only shells.

For the first timer with CIEMs, I am pretty happy with the sound significant upgrade versus my prior daily wearers (RHA MA 750 and V moda XS). I am no audiophile to describe in poetic terms
rolleyes.gif
But the sound is well balanced with a decent low end punch and a good sound stage. The comfort over a couple of hours of listening period is very good.

My only question is on the level of sealing. It is pretty good overall, but with two caveats. One is I get a break in seal if I make a big grinny face. It does not break during talking or eating (e.g chewing gum). I guess if you keep stretching you face, at some stage the seal will break. Am I correct or I should expect better seal? I feel the overall seal is very good from audio quality POV, as when I move the 'phones and press further, the sound gets worse and not better. So the neutral position is the best position from SQ POV.

Secondly, sometimes, I start getting a bit of squishy feeling. E.g. earlier this week, I spent a day in train, walking and then coming back, while wearing the 'phones. In the afternoon, I started getting the quishiness inside the ears when I am moving the head around. I am guessing the over the day, the sweat and wax cumulates to create this. Again, what is the experience of other users?

Pictures...

AS a first time CIEM owner and owner of a set of A12's I can say that when running up the stairs I get the squishy feeling too.  It's your skin/muscle/fat bouncing up and down on the bones. Completely normal.  Also the impression cannot be fit to both smiling and not smiling, you would need two impressions for that .  Enjoy, everything is working as it should.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #7,023 of 7,417
I agree its a normal sensation.  When you seal up the ear cavity your going to pick up some internal sensations.  In my case I can hear some things rattling around in my brain.  :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #7,027 of 7,417
is it true that 1964 has discontinued the service for personalizing cases?

I just got one, last week. It is still there on their accessories page - https://www.1964ears.com/product/Personalized-Case

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #7,030 of 7,417
My V3s have arrived!!

For the first timer with CIEMs, I am pretty happy with the sound significant upgrade versus my prior daily wearers (RHA MA 750 and V moda XS). I am no audiophile to describe in poetic terms :rolleyes: But the sound is well balanced with a decent low end punch and a good sound stage. The comfort over a couple of hours of listening period is very good.

Pictures...

Great pictures! I was actually really disappointed at the switch to two shell options. I had my heart set on a smokey translucent shell when I was shopping around (I think it might've been the platinum option from 1964). But by the time I'd finally decided to go for it I had to pick between black and clear.... Boring! But oh well, it just goes into your ear I guess. I wouldn't be surprised though if this loss of customisability affects some people's decision making into the future.

Anyway, had a lovely surprise this morning. My order is finally stepping meekly out of the starting gates, just testing the water - after about 10 days it's at impressions trimmed.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #7,034 of 7,417
These were posted on their facebook page, last two days. Looks like ADEL launch just around the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back