1964 Ears
May 28, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #6,856 of 7,417
First post, but I've been lurking here for about 8 months. I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and reviews. They all have made me feel great about my decision.I placed an order and mailed in my impressions for 1964 Ears V8's yesterday. Now the waiting begins... is it ridiculous that I've clicked on my order status about 5-6 times even though I know the impressions haven't arrived yet..?

May 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #6,857 of 7,417
Fellow thread lurker here.

It's not that ridiculous, I probably checked my order 10-11 times the first day. I hadn't even had my impressions done then. :p

What's worse is that now my V3s are at graphics applied and I probably check 20 times a day. :D

May 28, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #6,858 of 7,417
Fellow thread lurker here.

It's not that ridiculous, I probably checked my order 10-11 times the first day. I hadn't even had my impressions done then.
tongue.gif

What's worse is that now my V3s are at graphics applied and I probably check 20 times a day.
biggrin.gif

Hahahha! It's good to know I'm not the only one. 

May 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #6,859 of 7,417
I'm at "Faceplate Applied" on my Qi's, and I check probably 20+ times a day as well. I actually ordered a Null Audio MKII replacement cable with in-line controls since I'll be using this on the train for my daily commute...hoping to have a really great first impression with CIEMs after using fairly high-end IEMs for quite awhile.

The wait is insane, though.

I'm a guy who wants everything NOW...but apparently that "NOW" feeling wasn't worth $200.

Assuming I love these, I'll have to get more creative on the design. I chose a translucent blue body with a solid black faceplate with a gold 1964 logo on each ear. They'll look nice and clean at the very least...and the replacement cable should match the body color which hopefully looks slick.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #6,866 of 7,417
Make sure you people getting them this week leave your initial impressions!

Here's to hoping mine ship by the end of the week, since all I have left are Graphics, Buffing, QC and Shipping.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #6,867 of 7,417
Got my V6's today.  First impressions are these things are beast.  Awesome build quality,  great sound isolation.  Very tight ,  precise sound with a wide , slightly forward soundstage.  Like with some other gear I have had these are going to pronounce bad recordings and shine on the good stuff.  Well done 1964!   

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #6,868 of 7,417
Absolutely stunning. I went from a pair of HD558's to my V3's and I could not ask for anything more. The sound stage is larger, it is pretty neutral with a bit of a bump in bass. The isolation is amazing. On top of all this they manage to make me hear sounds I haven't heard in my favoirite songs while still sounding musical. I took 15 minutes to write this post because I kept stopping to listen.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back