1964 Ears
Nov 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #5,807 of 7,417
My uncle's name is Eric too, does that count?

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #5,808 of 7,417
1964 Erics 
gs1000.gif
 are awesome

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #5,809 of 7,417
The 1964|ADEL U-Series 6 is tempting. I have my eyes already on V6-Stage then this!

The thing is we don't have any idea on the U-Series 6 yet. Sigh.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #5,810 of 7,417
Another e-mail I received from 1964ears:

I was actually mistaken about the bass loss when using the ADEL. When you open the ADEL port a tiny amount to allow it to work there is no perceptible change in bass response or ambient sound. So the tuning will be same with both the ADEL fully closed and open a tiny amount. You can open it more if you’d like to have less bass or allow more ambient sound in.

The ADEL only needs a small opening to work. You’ll notice it working by the soundstage becoming more expansive because the eardrum is no longer trapped in that pressure zone.

We’re very impressed by this technology which is why we’re trying to get it out there as fast as possible with the Kickstarter. We’ll do our best to release information as it becomes available.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #5,811 of 7,417
Another e-mail I received from 1964ears:

[COLOR=1F497D]I was actually mistaken about the bass loss when using the ADEL. When you open the ADEL port a tiny amount to allow it to work there is no perceptible change in bass response or ambient sound. So the tuning will be same with both the ADEL fully closed and open a tiny amount. You can open it more if you’d like to have less bass or allow more ambient sound in.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]The ADEL only needs a small opening to work. You’ll notice it working by the soundstage becoming more expansive because the eardrum is no longer trapped in that pressure zone.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]We’re very impressed by this technology which is why we’re trying to get it out there as fast as possible with the Kickstarter. We’ll do our best to release information as it becomes available.[/COLOR]

I recieved the same info over the phone from 1964 yesterday, very happy to see it again!!!

I hope they get this point out for everyone to hear!

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #5,812 of 7,417
Does anyone know why shipping is $38 to countries other than the US in the kickstarter? Shipping for heavy fullsize headphones is usually less than that...I was expecting more like $10 or $15 at max for iems...

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #5,814 of 7,417
Does anyone know why shipping is $38 to countries other than the US in the kickstarter? Shipping for heavy fullsize headphones is usually less than that...I was expecting more like $10 or $15 at max for iems...

International shipping is expensive especially when you factor in insurance+tracking. $15 gets you USPS + slow shipping and many companies don't trust USPS for expensive items.

I paid like $41 for my 1 day shipping in the US.

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #5,815 of 7,417
Well I was looking at some shure 535s on massdrop and it was 6 dollars shipping to australia.. On earphone solutions its 25 but for an iem of over 400  they have free shipping to australia.. no matter how I look at it, it seems exorbitant

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #5,816 of 7,417
Well I was looking at some shure 535s on massdrop and it was 6 dollars shipping to australia.. On earphone solutions its 25 but for an iem of over 400  they have free shipping to australia.. no matter how I look at it, it seems exorbitant

All custom ear companies charges around that price for shipping though. Mainly uses fedex or dhl including insurance.

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #5,817 of 7,417

Because some companies absorb some/all of the cost to compete with other companies, or they include it in the price of the item. Regular IEMs are much cheaper to make, and easier to mass produce so it costs them less overall. You're already getting a discount by joining the kickstarter. Giving you more will hurt their profits significantly especially on the low tier IEMs. They don't know exactly how much shipping is so they charge a fixed fee.

Oh, and MD is known for slow service. I know international customers who waited 2+ months to get an item.

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #5,818 of 7,417
Shot them an email with a quote in it from another KS backer saying

"Courier companies such as FedEx, UPS etc all SUCK! While they may get packages mailed quickly, they charge exorbitant brokerage and handling fees. Some times in the area of 30-60% of the value of the item and this has to be paid by the receiver when the package is delivered.

Since KS is not a store, it is a place to invest in a person or company, you could technically send all the pledge items out as commercial samples or gifts and mark the value as $0."

Looking into that wouldn't hurt their costs, but would help international backers and their campaign a lot.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #5,819 of 7,417
Shot them an email with a quote in it from another KS backer saying

"Courier companies such as FedEx, UPS etc all SUCK! While they may get packages mailed quickly, they charge exorbitant brokerage and handling fees. Some times in the area of 30-60% of the value of the item and this has to be paid by the receiver when the package is delivered.

Since KS is not a store, it is a place to invest in a person or company, you could technically send all the pledge items out as commercial samples or gifts and mark the value as $0."

Looking into that wouldn't hurt their costs, but would help international backers and their campaign a lot.

You could always personally request it. I'm not sure about the KS, but you can do that with their normal CIEMs. I know a lot of people who prefer Fedex/UPS because they're less likely to screw up.

I'm not really sure about imports, but I think you still have to declare the real value. Even if it's a gift, you might have to pay fees after a certain amount. And 1964 ears probably will buy insurance so they can't lie though they might declare how much it costs to make it instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back