1964 Ears
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #5,462 of 7,417
Do any of you here own both the JH13 and the V6 or V6-Stage? And how do they compare in terms of sound signature / sound quality to the JH13? I heard the JH13 for the first time ever at CanJam last weekend and I really liked what I heard.

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #5,464 of 7,417
Do any of you here own both the JH13 and the V6 or V6-Stage? And how do they compare in terms of sound signature / sound quality to the JH13? I heard the JH13 for the first time ever at CanJam last weekend and I really liked what I heard.

Sound signature wise V6 is closer to JH13, but JH13 is slightly more warm and has better bass impact and extension than the V6.
V6S has more bass and warmth in the mids while V6 and JH13 would be more neutral.

Technical SQ wise, JH13 is noticeably better than the V6 but it's not a night and day difference. Definitely not almost 2x the price worth difference, but that is subjective. But I'm sure everyone will agree that for the price, the V6 is a no brainier.

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #5,465 of 7,417
Sound signature wise V6 is closer to JH13, but JH13 is slightly more warm and has better bass impact and extension than the V6.
V6S has more bass and warmth in the mids while V6 and JH13 would be more neutral.

Technical SQ wise, JH13 is noticeably better than the V6 but it's not a night and day difference. Definitely not almost 2x the price worth difference, but that is subjective. But I'm sure everyone will agree that for the price, the V6 is a no brainier.

Cool thanks. I was definitely noticing the bass impact of the JH13 which was something I really liked. I also wouldn't want there to be any more than that. But like you said, it's a lot more expensive. Have been waiting on receiving a V6-Stage demo for a long time now.

At CanJam I was at the Alclair booth and they said they'll be releasing an 8-driver neutralish CIEM in November. I demoed their 4-driver 3-way design called the Reference Studio Monitor and liked what I heard. Overall a flat sound signature. I think I'll just have to be patient until I can demo all the models I'd actually consider paying for. JH13 was awesome but I don't know if I can justify the price to myself (not to mention my wife).

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #5,466 of 7,417
I have never heard jh13 yet, but I have jh roxanne universal and 1964 V6S. In term of bass impact and body, my v6s is the winner. Eventho jh roxanne has 4 drivers dedicated for low freq, but it still can't compete with v6s's bass. And the v6s is only $725 whereas jh roxanne is $1400.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #5,467 of 7,417
I have never heard jh13 yet, but I have jh roxanne universal and 1964 V6S. In term of bass impact and body, my v6s is the winner. Eventho jh roxanne has 4 drivers dedicated for low freq, but it still can't compete with v6s's bass. And the v6s is only $725 whereas jh roxanne is $1400.

Have you tried the UM Miracle? If so how do you compare it with the V6S

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #5,470 of 7,417
Update on my predicament: I'm now using the Qi's with the 1964EARS stock cable. I do think it was an expectations problem, as now that I'm acclimating to the sound signature it doesn't sound half bad. Anyway, just thought I'd give an update!
smile.gif

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #5,471 of 7,417
Oct 14, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #5,474 of 7,417
Cool thanks. I was definitely noticing the bass impact of the JH13 which was something I really liked. I also wouldn't want there to be any more than that. But like you said, it's a lot more expensive. Have been waiting on receiving a V6-Stage demo for a long time now.

At CanJam I was at the Alclair booth and they said they'll be releasing an 8-driver neutralish CIEM in November. I demoed their 4-driver 3-way design called the Reference Studio Monitor and liked what I heard. Overall a flat sound signature. I think I'll just have to be patient until I can demo all the models I'd actually consider paying for. JH13 was awesome but I don't know if I can justify the price to myself (not to mention my wife).

Once you reach that price point, the law of diminishing returns are more apparent :)
Sound signature comes into play as to what you want. For me i even prefer the V6/V6S over Roxanne and Noble K10 which are much more pricier.

Interesting. I realy love my V6-Stage universals, yet I would never label the mids as warm. I'd throw its mids a ton of complements (like clear, detailed, accurate - maybe even forward), but warm isn't in the list.

Compared to V6 and JH13, it is much more warm and bassy, but it's still a lovely lush sound signature which I find pleasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back