1964 Ears
Oct 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #5,446 of 7,417

Do / Did you have the Miracles ? 

If so, do you mind sharing a quick comparison against the V8s?

I demoed the Miracle a while back - probably too far back to make a definitive comparison - but what I remembered was the accuracy - and that I thought they were brilliant - I had yet to listen to my 8A's, JH16's or V8's - I know the low end doesn't compare - but it isn't designed to.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #5,447 of 7,417
@ivabign-please let me know if you do find those tips, I love the star tips, wish they would fit on larger nozzles.

I am on the lookout.....

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #5,448 of 7,417

I demoed the Miracle a while back - probably too far back to make a definitive comparison - but what I remembered was the accuracy - and that I thought they were brilliant - I had yet to listen to my 8A's, JH16's or V8's - I know the low end doesn't compare - but it isn't designed to.

Aha. Thanks for letting me know. 

That is what I am expecting. I have a feeling I might like the Miracles more than my V8s. As I feel I should have went for the V6S. 

Have to wait and see. Haha

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #5,449 of 7,417
Aha. Thanks for letting me know. 

That is what I am expecting. I have a feeling I might like the Miracles more than my V8s. As I feel I should have went for the V6S. 

Have to wait and see. Haha

Wrong comparison though, the tuning of miracles makes it more of a comparison with V6 instead.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #5,450 of 7,417
  Well, as some of you know from the InEarz thread, I recently got a pair of Quads remolded. I was told by ericr that I should post a review of them once I received them. A misdelivery (and subsequent call to FedEx) later, and I finally do.

This is not my first custom experience -- that would be the 1964Ears custom sleeves I ordered this past winter (right as they were discontinuing them). They seemed to fit alright at the time, but I now realize that they were probably too tight -- the remolded Quads by InEarZ are more comfortable and seal just as well. That said, I suspect 1964Ears was not to blame in this case, as I've since realized that silicone products typically work best with closed-mouth impressions, and the impressions I sent in were open-mouth ones.

So the fit and finish is great! The sound? Well....

This is where things get complicated. I never heard a universal demo of the Q/Qi, so I don't know if what I'm hearing is because of a bad remold (sound-wise) or if it is accurate. That said, there's enough mid-bass and upper-bass encroachment into the midrange that I have trouble enjoying these. Don't get me wrong: the bass, though a bit bloated, is very powerful and textured. It's just that the midrange seems congested or, at times, even canceled out. If there's one word I'd use to describe my remolds, it'd be muffled. (Though switching from my Galaxy S3 to the FiiO E10k helped slightly.)

So, what's so complicated about this? Besides the ambiguity of remold quality mentioned above, it's also worth noting that I'm using a Noble Audio cable, not the stock 1964Ears or InEarZ cable. My understanding is that Noble's cable, being based on the original Heir Audio Magnus 1 cable, contains more silver than stock cables usually have. Not sure if that would negatively impact the sound of the Quads, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

The bigger issue is one I thought of after I sent the Quads off to be reshelled: If I'm honest with myself, my preference in sound signature has changed over the past couple of years. I started off as a basshead, then worked my way to being more of a "warm and smooth" type of guy. If anything, in fact, I'm still moving more and more toward neutral as my Head-Fi journey goes on. It's something I didn't really account for when I bought these Quads in the B/S/T forum, and I suspect it may be skewing my opinion of these CIEMs at least somewhat.

So, I guess, I'm less reviewing my pair of Quads as much as trying to ask for advice, to be honest. Do you guys think I have a botched remold (in terms of frequency response)? Or do you think my expectations were off? (For the record, I suspect a combination of the two is at play.)

One last thing I will ask: were the Qi's being produced a year ago, or just the original Quads? The marking on the remolds seem to indicate that InEarZ treated these as Qi's, but the seller of the CIEMs listed them as Quads. Not sure if they were Q's or actually Qi's, though.

Thanks in advance!

PS. If there's one thing that surprised me about these CIEMs in a more positive way, it'd be the soundstage -- the 3D effect is unlike any other IEM I've heard. I just wish the layers sounded clearer to me.

I'm gonna bump my own post. I'm waiting for a native 1964EARS cable to arrive to replace my Noble Audio cable, but would really like to receive feedback as to whether something might be wrong or I'm simply out ~$450.

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #5,451 of 7,417
Looking forward to it.

Please do!

Just received my Miracles. 

Initial impressions are that the Mids and Treble are so much more distinct than the V8s. Vocals sound more natural and airy. I think I now feel the Vocals of the V8s are ever so slightly recessed, this could be because of the amount of Bass they produce.

Bass response is not the same as the V8s. Doesn't give such a rumble. However I think I prefer this type of sound. Lower bass region is a bit lacking on the Miracle. 

I shall let you guys know more once I give it some more time and compare the two.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #5,452 of 7,417
Sharing my first CIEM and hopefully not the last.
I got the V8 from 1964 Ears. I'm very pleased with the bass slam which is lacking from my previous in ear, 4.ai. Although, both have different sound signature.

For my current listening which is rock, metal, triphop and female vocals, I prefer the V8. It has better soundstage, instrumentation, imaging and enhanced body.

Here are some photos of my V8. :blush:

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #5,453 of 7,417
I got the V8 from 1964 Ears. I'm very pleased with the bass slam which is lacking from my previous in ear, 4.ai. Although, both have different sound signature.

For my current listening which is rock, metal, triphop and female vocals, I prefer the V8. It has better soundstage, instrumentation, imaging and enhanced body.

wow. those are some awesome looking V8s. Enjoy that bass :)

It looks to me your using the DX series from Ibasso ?

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #5,454 of 7,417

Just received my Miracles. 

Initial impressions are that the Mids and Treble are so much more distinct than the V8s. Vocals sound more natural and airy. I think I now feel the Vocals of the V8s are ever so slightly recessed, this could be because of the amount of Bass they produce.

Bass response is not the same as the V8s. Doesn't give such a rumble. However I think I prefer this type of sound. Lower bass region is a bit lacking on the Miracle. 

I shall let you guys know more once I give it some more time and compare the two.

After a couple of days using them. 

I'd say I like the sound signature of the miracles more than my V8s. 

I feel like the Bass can be overwhelming in some songs as I mainly listen to EDM (my ears tend to like a more leaner bass extension). 

It has alot of perks to that Bass as I like using the V8s more in acoustic songs (slower songs) than the Miracle as the instruments don't seem as lively due to that extra bass the V8s have. 

However my main genre being EDM. I feel happy that I can just use my DX90 and have that bass boost on to get that extra bass.

Being that my Miracles are Universal version, and my ears aren't normal at all. They get quite uncomfortable. 

I think it's time to stick with 1964 Ears and go with the V6S or would you guys recommend me sticking with the V6? 

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #5,455 of 7,417

What a beautiful ciem and much more gorgeous owner..

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #5,456 of 7,417
any canadian owner paying duties/tax after they received there custom iem from 1964ears using fed ex?

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #5,459 of 7,417
Hmm.. there is a 10% promo for ColumbusDay for today only tho.

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #5,460 of 7,417
Maybe because their turnaround time is listed at only 3 weeks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back