1964 Ears
Jun 30, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #5,101 of 7,417
In multiple places I've read Balanced Armatures don't have/need a break-in period.

So there's no need to wait - you can post your impressions tonight!

I have just contacted FedEx and they told me that the package will only arrive today at FedEx and needs to go through customs. Chances are, it won't be delivered to me by tonight.

*sob

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #5,103 of 7,417
Hi guys, first post here but been reading around the forum.

I've been thinking about buying the V3 as my first CIEM, but recently I've gotten some extra money to spend and wondering if spending the extra $200 would be worth the sound. 1964 suggested that the V6 to be used as an audiophile CIEM than the V3.

However, looking at the frequency graph it seems like the V3 is more forward in the mids and I like to hear the vocalist, and the V6 graph seems like it's more on the brighter side.

Can someone that have heard both V3 and V6 help me out here?

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #5,104 of 7,417
  Hi guys, first post here but been reading around the forum.

I've been thinking about buying the V3 as my first CIEM, but recently I've gotten some extra money to spend and wondering if spending the extra $200 would be worth the sound. 1964 suggested that the V6 to be used as an audiophile CIEM than the V3.

However, looking at the frequency graph it seems like the V3 is more forward in the mids and I like to hear the vocalist, and the V6 graph seems like it's more on the brighter side.

Can someone that have heard both V3 and V6 help me out here?

Your question doesn't seem to be getting much traction so I will try to help. I demo'd everything they have except the V6 Stage. I found the V6 to be better than the V3 in every way. Clarity and instrument separation were better. The bass on the V3 was the biggest let down for me, and I felt the V6's bass to be much tighter. I am not into a "bright" sound from my IEM and I think they got the V6 treble right. Hope that helps.  

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #5,107 of 7,417
And the wait is OOVVAAAAAHHHHH!!

Congratulations! :)

So how long did it take you to get yours?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #5,110 of 7,417
Listening to Rush's "Spirit of Radio" at 24/96 with my V8's through my DX90 -  A holiday doesn't get much better than this......

Where are my matches.... I gotta blow something up later. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #5,111 of 7,417
Finally got mine! Initial impressions would be high +, mid +-. low +++++. I don't know they do it, but this is my favorite UIEM in producing low regions of music, even bested my AKR 03 IMO.

God, gotta go listen more. The comfort is also out of this world 

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #5,112 of 7,417
Anyone who ordered their 1964s with recessed sockets? Does it really justify the additional $25?

Also, what are the available aftermarket cables for the 1964s (especially V6-Stage)? Am afraid I'll be having a hard time looking for one when I opt for the recessed socket.

Jul 5, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #5,113 of 7,417
Anyone who ordered their 1964s with recessed sockets? Does it really justify the additional $25?

Also, what are the available aftermarket cables for the 1964s (especially V6-Stage)? Am afraid I'll be having a hard time looking for one when I opt for the recessed socket.

AFAIK, you will really have a hard time looking for a perfect fit after market cables when you do the socket recessed.

I myself would like to do it but then was adviced not to go with recessed sockets if ill be using an aftermarket cable which is really a must for me. I find the 1964 cables too thin and thats why.

Jul 5, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #5,114 of 7,417
AFAIK, you will really have a hard time looking for a perfect fit after market cables when you do the socket recessed.

I myself would like to do it but then was adviced not to go with recessed sockets if ill be using an aftermarket cable which is really a must for me. I find the 1964 cables too thin and thats why.

Thanks. This is noted. I think I'll go with flush. :)

Anyway, what's your source? Am thinking of getting a DX50 or even the upcoming FiiO X1 for the V6-Stage.

Will be lurking for the next couple of months. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back