1964 Ears
Sep 9, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #7,112 of 7,417
So, should we rename the thread title to 64 Audio now? :)

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #7,115 of 7,417
  Totes Jelly - question: how long from when it said Shipped on their website till you got it?

Your design looks so sleek!!

I ordered through a dealer and it took a week before they collected it from the post office, from last monday (31/7), when it said "shipped" to receiving it yesterday. Im sure if you ordered online it will take shorter than mine, mine took exceptionally long from Portland to Singapore.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #7,116 of 7,417
Hi,

I currently use recabled Westone ES5 with moon audio black dragon TRRS cable with Sony Zx2 and the synergy is simply excellent. However i was thinking of upgrading to either Noble K10 or 1964 ears Adel A10/12 . Westone ES5 has near neutral sound with bit warmth. So to improve on that same sound signature what would you recommend. Reading what ever few reviews out there Adel A10 seem much closer fit than A12.  The FR of A10 seems closer to neutral signature .. But neutral shouldn't mean boring. I am looking for a musical IEM to replace . Any thoughts ?

The A12 is hugely musical! 1964 was at our meet last month and I compared my A12 to the A10 (both universal). The A10 comes across more mid-forward and was intriguing with female vocals, but to my ears the A12 is a better all around performer.

I'm no basshead and went back and forth between the A10 & A12 until the last few minutes of the Kickstarter. Also, I much prefer my V6-Stage to the V8 due to the V8's bass being a bit overstated with some bleed into the mids. I find none of these issues with the A12.

The bar chart 1964 gives for the A12 sound signature is pretty lame compared to how they sound.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #7,117 of 7,417

Hi,

I currently use recabled Westone ES5 with moon audio black dragon TRRS cable with Sony Zx2 and the synergy is simply excellent. However i was thinking of upgrading to either Noble K10 or 1964 ears Adel A10/12 . Westone ES5 has near neutral sound with bit warmth. So to improve on that same sound signature what would you recommend. Reading what ever few reviews out there Adel A10 seem much closer fit than A12.  The FR of A10 seems closer to neutral signature .. But neutral shouldn't mean boring. I am looking for a musical IEM to replace . Any thoughts ?

The A12 is hugely musical! 1964 was at our meet last month and I compared my A12 to the A10 (both universal). The A10 comes across more mid-forward and was intriguing with female vocals, but to my ears the A12 is a better all around performer.

I'm no basshead and went back and forth between the A10 & A12 until the last few minutes of the Kickstarter. Also, I much prefer my V6-Stage to the V8 due to the V8's bass being a bit overstated with some bleed into the mids. I find none of these issues with the A12.

The bar chart 1964 gives for the A12 sound signature is pretty lame compared to how they sound.

To me the charts are way off. To me they were a distraction.

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #7,118 of 7,417
I found the sound signature on the charts more or less matching with what I hear in comparison with the A12 vs V8 and V6S though.

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #7,119 of 7,417

Thanks .. I am now leaning towards A12 based on your input.. It is very nerve racking when investing about 2k without even a trial when it took nearly 6 mons of research and test runs to buy a camera last year :). A10 look so good on paper. 

Thanks for your input
PC 

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #7,120 of 7,417

Thanks .. I am now leaning towards A12 based on your input.. It is very nerve racking when investing about 2k without even a trial when it took nearly 6 mons of research and test runs to buy a camera last year :). A10 look so good on paper. 

Thanks for your input
PC 

I have a pair of V8's in production now, I'm a little worried that the bass is going to blow out the mid's and highs based on your comments. Any comparison to the Shure SE846? I own a pair of those now.

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #7,122 of 7,417
Finally assembled:)

I am in limbo now whilst it gets shipped from Portland to Australia and then hopefully the distributer here forwards it on quickly!

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #7,124 of 7,417

Did u order from a distributer? Or does 1964 not ship to Australian directly?

Ordered through a distributor, although in hindsight/future I'll probably go straight to 64Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back