1964 Ears
Dec 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #6,274 of 7,417
Ivabign, I swear if you turn around now and say you prefer your V6S to your V8 I might cry.A lot.:D

Start the river of tears, my friend. T_T

I've secretly heard that Ivabign secretly listens to his V6S more than his V8 :evil:

Have an appointment to get ear impressions next thursday, then it's time to put my order in for some V3's. So excited!

V3 is a nice entry-level CIEM which is similar in sound signature to V6 Stage. So if you really groove on V3, you know what your upgrade path will be. If you want something with more bass and smoother upper end, V8 is a logical upgrade. But that's the future, for now enjoy your V3. They're great, and you have every reason to be very excited!

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #6,275 of 7,417

V3 is a nice entry-level CIEM which is similar in sound signature to V6 Stage. So if you really groove on V3, you know what your upgrade path will be. If you want something with more bass and smoother upper end, V8 is a logical upgrade. But that's the future, for now enjoy your V3. They're great, and you have every reason to be very excited!

V3 - CIEM or gateway drug?

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #6,277 of 7,417
Start the river of tears, my friend. T_T

I've secretly heard that @Ivabign secretly listens to his V6S more than his V8
evil_smiley.gif

Neither - they are both in Oregon...
eek.gif

The weird thing is I really like these damned UM Pro50's.... 

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #6,280 of 7,417
Ivabign, I swear if you turn around now and say you prefer your V6S to your V8 I might cry.A lot.:D

I just auditioned them, and I prefer the v6s to the v8. A lot. But the v8 is not too bassy- it's too warm. If you like em3/em6 type of sound, you'll enjoy the v8.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #6,282 of 7,417
Dec 17, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #6,283 of 7,417
I just auditioned them, and I prefer the v6s to the v8. A lot. But the v8 is not too bassy- it's too warm. If you like em3/em6 type of sound, you'll enjoy the v8.

There have been quite a few people that might argue with that - being too warm suggests a lack of clarity and detail, right? I know Ivabign for one said it's still there, it's just not as forward - maybe that's what you're hearing?

C'mon, are you intentionally trying to make @tmorterlaing cry???

It looks that way :D 
Maybe he prefers a warm phone?
tongue.gif

Well different strokes for different folks.

I don't mind a bit of warmth, as long as it isn't just completely missing all traces of detail and highs. If that's what you're telling me, I'd better contact 1964 and ask for a 'downgrade' :D Mind you, there a lot of U8 backers here who might also expect a bit of detail from it, so you might wanna let them know as well haha! 
It's so hard to quantify what you guys all mean though. For example, I'd consider the IE8 on the warm side, a lot of bass with quite a lot of bleed. However, I think it would be unfair to say it lacks detail or clarity, because it's quite Vshaped in its sound - it's just the mids that are recessed IMO...

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #6,284 of 7,417
Just went to test out the V8 and V6S at my local store and they sound superb. I can't wait for May 2015 to come!!! I love the V8 the most!! Much warmer and a more intimate soundstage as compared to the V6S!

Dec 17, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #6,285 of 7,417
Hngh....

I think I've decided to not go for the V3's after all.

I know the kind of person I am, I will only end up wanting something else, something "better" and as such will just end up with a spare pair of CIEM's gathering dust.

As such, the V8's will be ordered. I seem to like a warm sound signature and it seems that the V8 will provide that sound while still maintaining a low impedance so that I can drive them well from my iPhone (most of my listening).

Am I crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back