1964 Ears
Sep 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5,341 of 7,417
Sep 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #5,342 of 7,417
  Yes, recessed socket works with some custom cables but not all. BTG Audio and PlusSound make pretty good cables for recessed. I did not choose the recessed socket just because it is easier to find some cheaper Chinese aftermarket cables with Westone 2 pins equal or better quality 
wink_face.gif

Any insight into a custom cable that would compliment the v6? 

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #5,344 of 7,417
  Thanks for the input. I'm gonna have to think about whether i want to shell out the extra 150 because at 550 dollars the qi is already stretching my budget. Would you say that the v-6 stage is around as bassy as the qi? I really love good sub bass and a slight mid bass hump.

My 2 cents:  1) Personally, I've learned (the hard way at times) staying within budget and out of debt works *really* well for me.  2) In my short listen to the Qi, the V6-Stage had slightly more sub-bass quantity & quality - but no mid-bass hump; and while I don't care for a mid-bass hump I thought the Qi did it well (emphisis, but without boom, bloom or bleeding into the mids).

Hope that helps!

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #5,345 of 7,417
FYI for all, 

Black Friday is just about 2 months away, and last year 1964 Ears offered 15% off the V6 or V6-Stage.

Hopefully they'll offer more of the product line during BF this year!

Also, the V8 wasn't released until this year.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #5,350 of 7,417
Hi all, im currently reading the whole 1964 thread from the start and am now at around page 100, but i couldnt wait to ask some questions. Apologise if i stumble on the answers later on in the thread.

Has anyone gone for the ambient port option and how does it affect SQ, or utility in a stage/ live setting?

How is the Qi different from the Q?

Also, as a drummer who likes a balanced (read: V-Shape) sound signature, i believe i would go for the Qi. But over here it is near $830, and adding on silicon canals ($69), recessed sockets ($35) and ambient port ($69) it would cost me about SGD1000. Would i be better off with UM Miracle ($1.2k), V6S (~$1200) or other customs for that price?

Doesnt seem so cheap now. And V6S sounds like a step up from other members pov but tbh i do not want alot of mids, which V6S has.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #5,351 of 7,417
You know the sililcon canals wear out a bit faster right? They get dry and brittle after a few years. The difference between the Qi and Q is they tweaked the EQ a bit. I know the Qi now has "CenterDrive™ technology" while the Q did not. I'm still waiting for my Qi's to come and haven't tried either so I can't comment on how it sounds.

Here's the press release for center drive:

CenterDrive™, a more advanced balanced armature design where the “drive shaft” is attached to the center of the diaphragm. The result is a richer, deeper and more effortless bass reproduction.

I too read through the whole thread.... for the most part, it is a waste of time.. Just ask your questions here and it'll get answered fresh. :)

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5,352 of 7,417
Ericr, yep. Im seriously considering getting in touch with the dealer, but ive been undecided yet on budget. Im very tempted to get an akr03 from another. But Im checking 1964 and it seems the v6 stage looks promising based on the comparison in their site to what i like. Undecided...

Zeppu08, i heard about them. Once i finalize budgets, will give them a ring if i do decide to get a ciem.

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #5,355 of 7,417
Mine is still at 8/10 step. Can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back