1964 Ears
Nov 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #3,556 of 7,417
After weeks of careful deliberation, I have decided on the V6 and I have sent my impressions away in the mail. This will be my first CIEM, and I am mostly confident that it will be the right choice.

Prior to this I used Etymotics, which I enjoy and would continue to use, except the cord gets destroyed every two years, and I am sick of replacing them everytime the cord gets destroyed. But the other thing I don't like about Etymotics is their anemic bass. Yet I tried the Future Sonics Atrio because I heard they had good bass, and I could not stand them (the dynamic driver sound is not for me. It sounds muddy).

Can anyone explain how the V6 (or even the V4 for that matter) compare to Etymotics? As long as the bass has more impact and slam and depth than the Etymotics, I will be satisfied.

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #3,558 of 7,417
Quote:
aw man i dont know when will my v6s be shipped. im waiting every day eagerly!!!
help me my audiophile brothers!

Patience grasshopper. Your dreams will be fulfilled soon...

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,560 of 7,417
Quote:
Anastasia said they should have shipped last week, but only did this week :frowning2:
Well I hope it'll be shipped fast to my side of the globe.

That's exactly what happened to me haha. Trust me though, it'll be so worth it when you finally have them in your hands... or ears.

I'd like to comment on the fit/comfort of my Shure SE215's compared to my V3's.

The SE215's feel like what I would imagine someone trying to stick their limp dick in my ear. This is not necessarily a bad thing however.

The V3's are not by any means uncomfortable, but after comparing them to my Shure's, I am sad to say the olive tips on the Shure's are just so much more comfortable. There is only so much comfort a hard acrylic shell can give you compared to a super squishy foam tip.

The the V3's do sort of do "disappear" after a while, but there is always a slightly uncomfortable build up of pressure inside my canals that lets me know they're there. Of course if I'm doing something else that requires my attention then they fade into the background. Is this in line with what you guys are experiencing? Or do you guys feel no pressure with the monitors in place?

Also, I can vouch for 1964 Ears's customer service. I have an issue where I am hearing more occlusion in my right ear than my left, even though the canals extend the same distance past the second bend. The occlusion is so bad (worse than my SE215's) that in order to hear the monitor mix over my occluded voice, I have to turn it up to uncomfortable, fatiguing, and painful levels. He said this is the first time he has ever come across a situation like this and has even offered to make me a totally new set of monitors with extended soft tips at no extra charge (except for the cost of impressions and shipping to them).

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #3,563 of 7,417
So it looks like I may be upgrading the 1964-Ds to the V3s or V6s in a couple months(I'll be asking sonic differences type questions along the way).
Now for the process of color combos........... Again...........

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3,565 of 7,417
I have had to take a fresh set of impressions at the audiologist. Apparently the first pair were not long enough in that they did not extend to past the second bend in the ear. I'm hoping they will be good this time around. I have sent them today. I am not sure that it will be possible but I'm really hoping to have them by New Years Eve as I'd like not to take my bass rig to the gig that day.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #3,566 of 7,417
Quote:
I have had to take a fresh set of impressions at the audiologist. Apparently the first pair were not long enough in that they did not extend to past the second bend in the ear. I'm hoping they will be good this time around. I have sent them today. I am not sure that it will be possible but I'm really hoping to have them by New Years Eve as I'd like not to take my bass rig to the gig that day.

It happens. Happened to me too with my 1st set of impressions.
Getting a set of CIEMs is a definite test of patience.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #3,568 of 7,417
I thought about it but this purchase is already hard to justify financially with a new baby on the way. I really ought to keep my expenses at a minimum. When Anastasia contacted me to tell me that I needed a fresh set of impressions, I paid for them anyway so that I'd jump in the queue. Finger crossed.

They'll get here when they get here. Sorry, I'm off to check the tracking again........

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,569 of 7,417
I bought a pair of used UE 18's on here for a great price and I just sent them in for reshelling. I ended up going all out and getting custom artwork, recessed cables, and rush shipping, it came up to just over $400.
I'm pretty nervous to see how it goes as these will be my first customs, they should be arriving there some time this week!

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #3,570 of 7,417
Heh... was eyeing 1964 Ears IEMs for a long time.

Was going to buy, but then Heir posted their awesome 4.A deal for black friday.

Several people posted on 1964's facebook asking for a deal that never came... so I went with the Heir.

Now 1964 just posted that they are increasing the rush fee. So much for a deal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back