1964 EARS V6 Thread
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #618 of 931
Why not? After all, he's from Mars. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #622 of 931
Just got confirmation that they received my full order. The agony starts now........
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #623 of 931
So I got my order yesterday and they sound FANTASTIC! :)

The only problem is that they are extremely uncomfortable. I can maybe wear them for a half hour at q time before I have yo take them out.

I'm guessing I need to go back to the audiologist to get some new impressions, but with these being my first set of customs I figured I'd check here to see if what I'm experiencing is normal. How long should it take for my ears to adjust?

For the record the audiologist had me do open mouth impressions with no bite block and I opened my mouth about half way.

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #624 of 931
The impressions should have been taken in a natural position, not straining to keep your mouth open.

Also, 'extremely uncomfortable' doesn't really give us much to go on. It would help if you elaborated and what aspects are uncomfortable and why.

You may be inserting them incorrectly.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #625 of 931
The impressions should have been taken in a natural position, not straining to keep your mouth open.

Also, 'extremely uncomfortable' doesn't really give us much to go on. It would help if you elaborated and what aspects are uncomfortable and why.

You may be inserting them incorrectly.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Are you sure about the impression process? The instructions from 1964ears said to take open mouth impressions.

As for a description of the discomfort it feels like there is excessive pressure on my inner ears. They seem to "snap into place" so I think I'm putting them in right.

Thanks again.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #626 of 931
Quote:

Are you sure about the impression process? The instructions from 1964ears said to take open mouth impressions.

As for a description of the discomfort it feels like there is excessive pressure on my inner ears. They seem to "snap into place" so I think I'm putting them in right.

Thanks again.

Just a quick question, did they notify you when they received your full order?

I'm wondering because they received my impressions and payment last week but I never got a confirmation e-mail.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #627 of 931

Thanks again.

Open mouth means let your jaw hang slack in a natural position. You shouldn't be forcing it to stay wide open.

When you say pressure on your inner ears, do you mean air pressure against the walls of your canals? Or does it feel like the actual tips of your monitors are making unwanted contact and causing soreness?

If it's the former, you should make sure you're 'screwing' them in rather than forcing them straight in. If it helps, pull down on your lobes or up on your outter ears when inserting them to open up your ears a bit more.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #629 of 931
Open mouth means let your jaw hang slack in a natural position. You shouldn't be forcing it to stay wide open.

When you say pressure on your inner ears, do you mean air pressure against the walls of your canals? Or does it feel like the actual tips of your monitors are making unwanted contact and causing soreness?

If it's the former, you should make sure you're 'screwing' them in rather than forcing them straight in. If it helps, pull down on your lobes or up on your outter ears when inserting them to open up your ears a bit more.

It feels like the monitors are making unwanted contact in my ear canals. Is some level of discomfort normal at first or should I start the process of getting refits?

I didn't force my mouth wide open, but it was more than just hanging slack.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #630 of 931
Hmm, I can't say mine were ever uncomfortable, just snug. Something shaped exactly like your ear canal shouldn't be uncomfortable to put inside you ear canal, you know? It's difficult to say for sure, but I would give it a week to see if your canals adjust. If they don't, start the re-fit process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back