1964 EARS V6 Thread
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #649 of 931

These are mine that just came in the mail yesterday. They fit just fine even though the right one is a bit tighter than the left. Probably won't send them in for a refit because they don't bother me.

First impressions:

Bass: These are not bass shy in the slightest. Bass impact is great, hits deep and rumbles. Feels tighter when amped, but sounds just fine out of my phone.

Mids: Smooth and inoffensive. Placement is just right, not too forward, but not recessed either.

Treble: Not the brightest. Details are all there but maybe placed behind the spectrum so it's not as obvious if volume isn't turned up high. Smooth fits the treble as well. They are not prone to sibilance, which is great as I am somewhat sensitive to sibilance.

Soundstage and imaging: Imaging is very good, but soundstage could be a bit larger. It's about the same size as the W4R but I wish it could be a little bit bigger. Bass hits hard which removes any airiness from the SS.

All in all, they're really good. Better than what I came from (W4R), but I still need to listen to them more. I really like how easy they are to drive though.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #650 of 931
Soundstage could be larger? Really? The soundstage is huge! Do you mean you wish you were sitting further away from the stage?

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #652 of 931
Quote:
It's all relative.

In a vacuum, yes it's very good. But compared to the W4, it's about the same, and I expected larger.

Okay... Well, for me the W4 doesn't come close sound quality-wise (and I love the W4). But you are correct. It's all relative.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #653 of 931
Yeah I also feel that the sound stage is one of the V6's major strengths. And while it may be relative, it was strange to see you mention it specifically.

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #654 of 931
Hi guys! Just received the V6 2 Weeks ago and I'm blown away by the sound.its my first CIEM and probably will get more.I'm not really good on saying about Sound impressions but I can tell you one thing this CIEM is awesome! the bass impact,tight bass.Sound seperation is awesome and the Sound stage is HUGE.

I recommend this CIEM very Highly 8.9/10

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #655 of 931
I just received mine today. Pairing it with the AK100 and so far the SQ has been good. Now I know how unforgiving it is to some of my lower quality files.......

I am not sure if I am wearing it right or there is something wrong with the fit. How does everyone's CIEM feel in your ears? The first time I tried, the nozzle/stem that goes into the ears seem a bit too thick and wont go in ear. Additional force only creates a vaccum seal and hurt my ear drums. My impression is that CIEMs tend to be comfortable and you wont notice them after long periods of listening. Now they go in fine, guess my canals are adapting, but it feels like 2 tubes jammed in my ears.

This is my first CIEM so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #656 of 931
I get a very snug fit with my pair of V6, and I actually like it. I mean my ear canals will feel it when I am inserting the V6 (or my Heir 4A for that matter), but soon after it does not bother me.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #658 of 931
Quote:
I get a very snug fit with my pair of V6, and I actually like it. I mean my ear canals will feel it when I am inserting the V6 (or my Heir 4A for that matter), but soon after it does not bother me.

2nd day and my ears are getting used to it. But as the V6 is actually pushing the canal wider, the ears get tired after extended sessions. My W4s disappear after wearing for a while and I can forget about it totally.

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #660 of 931
This thread's died down a bit.. I was hoping for some more impressions of the V6.  Are people just waiting for their pair or has what needs to be discussed been discussed?

I'm curious.. what full sized (or another custom IEM) phone's signature does the V6's sound most compare to?  Are there any glaring weakness(es) people have found with the V6?  Have people used them with top tier desktop rigs?  If so, how do they scale?  I'd appreciate comments on extension and tonal quality, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back