1964 EARS V6 Thread
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #586 of 931
anoxy: I think you've owned the Dream Earz aud-6x too right? Would you say that the V6 has been better for you? They're both in my price range and seem to have similar sound signatures (balanced, maybe a slight mid emphasis). I'm looking at a first custom to replace my Heir 4.Ai which I love, but sometimes the fit is a bit odd. It also seems that the V6 has a bit better quality control and workmanship. Would you mind doing a quick comparison?

I actually haven't heard the 6x, just the 7x. But Mitch told me he designed his 6x with the same driver configuration as the v6 in mind. I'm assuming they sound very similar. I can't recommend the V6 enough though...truly a great monitor, especially at this price. I would be surprised if they disappointed you.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #587 of 931
Quote:
I actually haven't heard the 6x, just the 7x. But Mitch told me he designed his 6x with the same driver configuration as the v6 in mind. I'm assuming they sound very similar. I can't recommend the V6 enough though...truly a great monitor, especially at this price. I would be surprised if they disappointed you.

Good to know that they're similar then. The V6 seems to be better built than the 6x, so I think I'll likely go with them. Thanks!

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #588 of 931
After a couple weeks of normal use (casual listening, drum practice, and playing a couple gigs) on my V6, the sound from my left monitor seems to be muffled/veiled. Whereas, my right monitor seems to be working properly. The left monitor has been working properly up until yesterday, out of the blue. I have checked the canals for obstruction, changed sources, and I've changed cables to no avail. Has anyone had any issues with their V6's? In your opinion what could the issue be?

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #589 of 931
Quote:
After a couple weeks of normal use (casual listening, drum practice, and playing a couple gigs) on my V6, the sound from my left monitor seems to be muffled/veiled. Whereas, my right monitor seems to be working properly. The left monitor has been working properly up until yesterday, out of the blue. I have checked the canals for obstruction, changed sources, and I've changed cables to no avail. Has anyone had any issues with their V6's? In your opinion what could the issue be?

Things can happen. I haven't had any problem, but just write 1964 EARS about the problem and then send them in to be checked out. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #590 of 931
Quote:

This may seem like an odd question, but have you cleaned your ears?

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #592 of 931
Yeah they actually clean for once lol. I was able to talk to the guys down there and decided to just send them in. So, hopefully they see it fit to fix them for me because I've only had them for about 2 weeks. Have any of you had to get anything repaired by 1964 Ears and did they charge you?

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #593 of 931
I've been using UE TF10s for the past couple of years and thinking of getting the V6s as my first customs.  

Can anyone that's heard both tell me what I can expect from the V6s as compared to the TF10s?

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #594 of 931
Quote:
I've been using UE TF10s for the past couple of years and thinking of getting the V6s as my first customs.  

Can anyone that's heard both tell me what I can expect from the V6s as compared to the TF10s?

I sold my TF10 awhile back, but there is no comparison in my opinion. The V6 is far more detailed; a wider soundstage (by leaps and bounds); and more detailed than the TF10. There is also more bass in the V6. It's really like trying to compare an apple with a beet. I can't think of anything about the TF10's sound that reminds me of the V6.

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #597 of 931
Quote:
Anyone have good advice as to how you can remove these without discomfort? I just can't figure out a simple and pain free way.

Put your thumb under the bottom edge and pull out slowly.

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #600 of 931
Quote:
Anyone have good advice as to how you can remove these without discomfort? I just can't figure out a simple and pain free way.

If you're using the appropriate "unscrewing" motion they should slide out with ease.
However if you're pulling them straight out like rod on a Foosball table you're undoubtedly doing it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back