1964 EARS V6 Thread
May 11, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #871 of 931
It's been a while since the v6 got some love, which is quite surprising since I feel that the v6 sound sig is more mature and closer to "reference" sound than the v6s. Running my V6 through my c5 and ipc, I can't imagine ever wanting more bass for a broad range of genres.

Im having the same sentiments.. Ive demoed both and tried a/b-ing then and i find the V6 more natural and really enjoyable and felt the V6S has too much bass which i cant handle. This are demo version and like they say when its customized for you, everything will enhanced more and I cant think how much bass will the V6S would it have more.

Pull the trigger on the V6! Does anyone use this in stage performance? I play drums bass and guitars.. Either of the three and i hope it will still work for me..

Any thoughts?

May 21, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #872 of 931
Any comments on the wood faceplates?  Some impressive photos over at 1964.  Just interested if anyone tried them.

May 21, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #873 of 931
  Any comments on the wood faceplates?  Some impressive photos over at 1964.  Just interested if anyone tried them.

I have them on my V6. The plates are wonderful (I forget which grade of wood I got). I'll try to take picture and put it up. It's a light wood and the rest of the iem is royal blue.

May 22, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #874 of 931
I have them on my V6. The plates are wonderful (I forget which grade of wood I got). I'll try to take picture and put it up. It's a light wood and the rest of the iem is royal blue.

Hi Eric, I was wondering if you ever did a full review of the V6? I haven't been able to find anything other than your initial impressions on this thread or the main 1964 Ears thread. I'm thinking that the V6 is the best next step for me, but I'd love to read more impressions and reviews! Thanks! :)

May 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #876 of 931
Hi Eric, I was wondering if you ever did a full review of the V6? I haven't been able to find anything other than your initial impressions on this thread or the main 1964 Ears thread. I'm thinking that the V6 is the best next step for me, but I'd love to read more impressions and reviews! Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hold tight. I'll get you something with more details to read.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #877 of 931
I´m very interested about V6S and V8, but I can´t decide between both.

Seems like V6S is more accurate, but I´m worried about V6S sibilances and treble spikes. How do you think sibilances are compare to others IEMs like ER4P, triple.fi...?

Also I like V8 sound signature, although there isn´t many reviews and maybe waiting for more opinions is better idea...

had a chance to try out v6s n v8 w my niece as am getting a pair for her bd n she is a drummer. V8 sounded very smooth w no sibilance at all n w jazz they r great. But w tracks on heavy bass....its waaay too much for both of us...the rumbling drowns e mids. Used manage sound.mixing for stage performance n find that separstion is important to know who is paying what..e v6s did better here w satisfying bass but v8 had bass rumbling n lingering too much. V6s wasnt sibilant too.this is cominf from testing jh16fp n fitear which we both find jh16 highs abit too bright n sibiant at times. She ended up choosing e v6s...although her favourite is still e fitwar 335dw...which is digs too deep into my pockets...

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #878 of 931
had a chance to try out v6s n v8 w my niece as am getting a pair for her bd n she is a drummer. V8 sounded very smooth w no sibilance at all n w jazz they r great. But w tracks on heavy bass....its waaay too much for both of us...the rumbling drowns e mids. Used manage sound.mixing for stage performance n find that separstion is important to know who is paying what..e v6s did better here w satisfying bass but v8 had bass rumbling n lingering too much. V6s wasnt sibilant too.this is cominf from testing jh16fp n fitear which we both find jh16 highs abit too bright n sibiant at times. She ended up choosing e v6s...although her favourite is still e fitwar 335dw...which is digs too deep into my pockets...

How did the treble in the v6 and v8 compare? Was the bass on the v6 tighter and more punchy?

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #879 of 931
How did the trebled in the v6 and v8 compare? Was the bass on the v6 tighter and more punchy?

v6 sounded brighter but not sibilant. V8 highs seems recess but could be due to e over powering bass...on bass light tracks e highs seems similar.
am testing e v8 again tomorrow. Both were abt to pick up nuances in e music, very detailed. Just to confirm that e impression stays e same.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #881 of 931
I've been thinking about buying the V3 as my first CIEM, but recently I've gotten some extra money to spend and wondering if spending the extra $200 would be worth the sound. 1964 suggested that the V6 to be used as an audiophile CIEM than the V3. However, looking at the frequency graph it seems like the V3 is more forward in the mids and I like to hear the vocalist, and the V6 graph seems like it's more on the brighter side.

Can someone that have heard both V3 and V6 help me out here?

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #883 of 931
Haven't kept up on this thread. I promised I'd stop posting about headphones when my wife got me V6-Stages :) unfortunately they are now lost :,-(

So, from what I remember I never thought the v6s had a ton of bass. For me I was amazed by the "smooth" clarity. However, they were (are* if I can find them) the only balanced armature iems I've had. So again, V6s really sounds like what I would expect a monitor to sound like-- very clear, very precise, but smooth- no harshness like is sometimes blamed on BAs.

Man, I miss my V6-Stages. Did anyone already mention that the Headphone List (joker + joe) has the V6s's listed ahead of not only the V3's, but also UM Miracle's? I'm impressed. Validates my decision to jump from sub-100$ category to the V6Stage as my summit-fi... Oh well

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #884 of 931
Haven't kept up on this thread. I promised I'd stop posting about headphones when my wife got me V6-Stages :) unfortunately they are now lost :,-(

So, from what I remember I never thought the v6s had a ton of bass. For me I was amazed by the "smooth" clarity. However, they were (are* if I can find them) the only balanced armature iems I've had. So again, V6s really sounds like what I would expect a monitor to sound like-- very clear, very precise, but smooth- no harshness like is sometimes blamed on BAs.

Man, I miss my V6-Stages. Did anyone already mention that the Headphone List (joker + joe) has the V6s's listed ahead of not only the V3's, but also UM Miracle's? I'm impressed. Validates my decision to jump from sub-100$ category to the V6Stage as my summit-fi... Oh well

God that blows - was it a "lost it, but will probably find it sometime" - Or a "lost it and some person took them and won't turn them in" type deal?

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #885 of 931
Lol, I'm hoping it's "lost it in the move and will find it in a box" otherwise it's "lost it in the move and family member cleaned it up with the trash" :confused:

But I am thinking now that I might have another go at the boxes in the garage....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back