1964 EARS V6 Thread
Aug 31, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #901 of 931
Well neutral doesn't have to mean the bass quantity isn't there, but my understanding is that the V6-S has more bass than the V6. But the V6 bass is not lacking to my ears (and I must have my bass). 

bass quantity in comparison to the IEMs he mentioned, I.e. DUNU 1000 and Heaven V to me is lower. I didn't say it's not there :p
But it also depends on what source you are using, with the X3 there's more bass quantity compared to AK100, AK120 and AK240.
The V6S has significantly more bass quantity.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #902 of 931
bass quantity in comparison to the IEMs he mentioned, I.e. DUNU 1000 and Heaven V to me is lower. I didn't say it's not there
tongue.gif

But it also depends on what source you are using, with the X3 there's more bass quantity compared to AK100, AK120 and AK240.
The V6S has significantly more bass quantity.

I don't understand what you mean by lower. There is clearly more bass quantity in the V6 than in the Heaven V. I don't think they even come close in comparison. The DUNU I am not so certain about. I just know the V6's bass is of better quality. I have to hear the DUNU again to be certain about quantity. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #903 of 931

I don't understand what you mean by lower. There is clearly more bass quantity in the V6 than in the Heaven V. I don't think they even come close in comparison. The DUNU I am not so certain about. I just know the V6's bass is of better quality. I have to hear the DUNU again to be certain about quantity. 

I don't know which part of the lower you do not understand, but what source are you using?
The V6 to me has bass when the song calls for it, but i'd still consider the V6 as neutral to bright compared to other IEMs which are considered near neutral, e.g JH13 pro.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #904 of 931

I don't know which part of the lower you do not understand, but what source are you using?
The V6 to me has bass when the song calls for it, but i'd still consider the V6 as neutral to bright compared to other IEMs which are considered near neutral, e.g JH13 pro.

I never stated the V6 isn't neutral, but it still has plenty of bass in quantity. Doesn't have to be basshead level. The Heaven V isn't basshead level either.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #905 of 931

I never stated the V6 isn't neutral, but it still has plenty of bass in quantity. Doesn't have to be basshead level. The Heaven V isn't basshead level either.

Well i guess we both have a difference in opinion. To me V6 has some bass quantity when the song calls for it, but IMO definitely not 'plenty' of bass quantity.

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #906 of 931
I am scared V6 will hiss on some high output player 
confused.gif
 Is impedance adapter a good idea but it will change the sound 
cool.gif
 Anyone has experience on increase ohm on the 1964 V6???
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #907 of 931
  I am scared V6 will hiss on some high output player 
confused.gif
 Is impedance adapter a good idea but it will change the sound 
cool.gif
 Anyone has experience on increase ohm on the 1964 V6???
tongue.gif

no hiss on AK100 which has 22 ohms.

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #908 of 931
1964 goes out with 20% discount tomorrow, so I will go for some of their CIEMs as addition to my UERM and Hidition NT-6 .. I'm looking for 'reference' analytical and revealing sound. They will be used for a studio production - so no unwanted musical feelings, no early roll-offs. Flat response is main requirement, but the low frequencies has to be fully reproduced and present when the song/source calls for it. Should I choose V6? Or consider also V6S and V8?
According to 1964ears website, V6 are way to go, but I would prefer to go with V8 if they are meant to be a flagship? Anyone who can compare V6/V6S/V8 with UERM or NT-6 ? :)

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #909 of 931
  1964 goes out with 20% discount tomorrow, so I will go for some of their CIEMs as addition to my UERM and Hidition NT-6 .. I'm looking for 'reference' analytical and revealing sound. They will be used for a studio production - so no unwanted musical feelings, no early roll-offs. Flat response is main requirement, but the low frequencies has to be fully reproduced and present when the song/source calls for it. Should I choose V6? Or consider also V6S and V8?
According to 1964ears website, V6 are way to go, but I would prefer to go with V8 if they are meant to be a flagship? Anyone who can compare V6/V6S/V8 with UERM or NT-6 ? :)

V6 would be more similar to UERM and NT-6 as a reference analytical type. V6-S could be used for studio, but not as analytical as the V6. V8 is far from what your description is looking for. 
I don't consider V8 as their sole flagship, more like V6, V6S and V8 are their flagships catering to different preference.

Nov 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #910 of 931
Definitely v6 for you, imo the PRaT is better on the v6 as compared to the v6s.
Do give it a listen if you have the chance to do so.

By the way I haven't give the V8 a try, but apparently it's much more bassy.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #911 of 931
Trying to decide between V6 and V6S. The V8 is also on the table, but I haven't read much about it.

I like the Shure SE535 / SE846, i.e. smooth treble / clear mids.

From what I've read people say the V6S > V6, but I've heard some say the V6S can be fatiguing which concerns me as I'm really averse to tizz / hot treble.

Maybe I should go with the V8?

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #912 of 931
Trying to decide between V6 and V6S...

...some say the V6S can be fatiguing which concerns me as I'm really averse to tizz / hot treble.

Me too. Can't stand sibilant headphones either. Yet I can listen to my V6-Stage for hours on end. No tizz/hotness or sibilance added. Now I have a few tracks that that are sibilant and the remain so - the V6-Stage doesn't hide or cover it up - they play what they are given. Same with the bass, whereas the V8 has some bass boost that adds bass response beyond what's in the recording.

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #914 of 931
I listened to the V3, Qi, and V6 at The Headphone Company here in the UK yesterday and liked the V6 best - by far. The V3 just have way too much bass for my taste, they sound boomy and the bass smothers all the other frequencies... I was actually quite disappointed, given that I was listening to a £460 IEM. The Qi was better, the bass was more controlled, yet still a bit too much for my taste - and I am by no means a bass-hater. However, I found the treble quite sibilant, which is something I didn't expect at all after looking at the Qi sound signature on the 1964 homepage. Still not very impressed, and I already thought my travel to demo these IEMs was for nothing... but then I listened to the V6, and wow, what an improvement! Bass was much more controlled, mids were super sweet, and the highs were not sibilant at all - overall, a super-balanced sound, quite laid-back, still with plenty of detail. So all in all, I would not trust the sound signatures on the 1964 homepage at all - if you have the chance, go and listen to them yourself. I ended up ordering the V6 and can't wait for them to arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back