1964 EARS V6 Thread
Dec 19, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #917 of 931
I am sure new and not an audiophile just a casual music listener in NYC. I ordered my V6S yesterday and mailed my impressions. Of course I decided to do all this a few weeks after their 20% discount so my wallet is screaming but excited for the wait and to try them out. I ordered the translucent red and will post pics when they arrive. I will say I was very pleasantly surprised with 1964 Ears customer service. The audiologist took my impressions a couple times eventually going super deep because the second bend of my ear canal isn't very pronounced so she wanted to make sure they didn't say she wasn't going far enough. I emailed 1964 pictures of the impressions and received a reply within about an hour saying they looked great and to send them in. If anybody is looking for a great audiologist in NYC the Doc at New York Hearing Center in Chinatown was awesome. Found her on 1964's website. $80 for the impressions and she guarantees them so if you have to have more impressions made there is no additional cost. I was excited before but this building wait to going to kill me. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #918 of 931
Just received my pair of V6S ordered on Nov. 28.

They are fantastic. Sound significantly better than the demo pair. 

Will post thoughts later on comparison with SE846, which I also own and love.

Really impressed by 1964 Ears.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #919 of 931
  I am sure new and not an audiophile just a casual music listener in NYC. I ordered my V6S yesterday and mailed my impressions. Of course I decided to do all this a few weeks after their 20% discount so my wallet is screaming but excited for the wait and to try them out. I ordered the translucent red and will post pics when they arrive. I will say I was very pleasantly surprised with 1964 Ears customer service. The audiologist took my impressions a couple times eventually going super deep because the second bend of my ear canal isn't very pronounced so she wanted to make sure they didn't say she wasn't going far enough. I emailed 1964 pictures of the impressions and received a reply within about an hour saying they looked great and to send them in. If anybody is looking for a great audiologist in NYC the Doc at New York Hearing Center in Chinatown was awesome. Found her on 1964's website. $80 for the impressions and she guarantees them so if you have to have more impressions made there is no additional cost. I was excited before but this building wait to going to kill me. 

Congratulations - you will be thrilled with your new headphones. I didn't have my V6S here too long before I sent them back along with my V8's (my right V8 bud had a small area where air seeped in and the seal was easily broken) the V6S were perfect and they used them as a guide to fixing the V8. They got back today and I immediately put in lossless Steely Dan and I am in heaven...

Yes, you will be pleased - great headphone.

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #920 of 931

Congratulations - you will be thrilled with your new headphones. I didn't have my V6S here too long before I sent them back along with my V8's (my right V8 bud had a small area where air seeped in and the seal was easily broken) the V6S were perfect and they used them as a guide to fixing the V8. They got back today and I immediately put in lossless Steely Dan and I am in heaven...

Yes, you will be pleased - great headphone.

I remember fondly that first great jump to an audiophile level headphone. Biggest difference I ever heard. I was set for the next 5 years.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #921 of 931
Need some help here... I usually listen to music via iPhone 6+ and use my CIEM for my travels. I listen to a wide range of music - from Acapella to country, to pop, rock and even classical. I do at times use them for sound mixing...

My current CIEM is a livewires dual and I am wondering what would the difference between them and V6 sound-wise. My preference is usually more toward neutral (I think) - if the bass needs to be there, I would want it to be there, but not overtly "enhanced" like some bass-leaning IEM.

Anyone could offer some opinion on this?

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #923 of 931
Well, I tried both V6 and V6S, along with EarWerkes Legend R and did not like the Legend R when I tried it. But then, the fit to the ears was a bit weird, and the fellow did say they are asking for a replacement as they too think there is some issue with it. 

I could only say I am surprised that I like the sound signature of V6, while the V6S was a bit more bass-leaning for me, but sounded very much similar if you are at the stage area - at least to me.

I would be looking to try other companies to see if there are any more that I might put in my list, but this V6 sounds good to me - assuming after making the customs will not sound different from this.

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #924 of 931
Well, I tried both V6 and V6S, along with EarWerkes Legend R and did not like the Legend R when I tried it. But then, the fit to the ears was a bit weird, and the fellow did say they are asking for a replacement as they too think there is some issue with it. 

I could only say I am surprised that I like the sound signature of V6, while the V6S was a bit more bass-leaning for me, but sounded very much similar if you are at the stage area - at least to me.

I would be looking to try other companies to see if there are any more that I might put in my list, but this V6 sounds good to me - assuming after making the customs will not sound different from this.

If you like the demos and have no issues with fit, why not get the demo universal version?

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #926 of 931
Received my V6 (not stage) last Saturday and love the sound! Very neutral, no bloated bass, no sharp treble, and great detail! Unfortunately, there is a fit issue with the left IEM and I will send them back for a refit today... Hope it doesn't take too long until I get them back...

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #927 of 931
Just put my (unused) V6 on sale, if anyone interested http://www.head-fi.org/t/773081/1964-ears-v6-new-unused

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #929 of 931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back