1964 EARS V6 Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #886 of 931
Lol, I'm hoping it's "lost it in the move and will find it in a box" otherwise it's "lost it in the move and family member cleaned it up with the trash" :confused:

But I am thinking now that I might have another go at the boxes in the garage....

Definitely!

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #888 of 931
what a bad luck,bro

Yup. Still MIA for now.. But there is still hope, I haven't completely torn through all our storage boxes and what nots in the garage :grinning:

Aug 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #889 of 931
Was lucky to get the chance to try the Mezzo Soprano mods at Amplified Head (Malaysia) courtesy from Music Century (Singapore) as they were kind enough to bring some demo sets including CIEMs 
etysmile.gif

CIEMs tested:
Lime Ears LE2 & LE3SW
Noble K10 & Noble 4
1964Ears V6 & V6S

Btw, this is not a review - just a very short impression since i only had them for around 2 hours. 
The AK240 is mine, while the MS-AK120 and 100 are the demo units. I only tried the MS-AK120, so i won't be able to comment on that. The MS-AK120 sounds very good, and i dare say the SQ performs on par with the AK240 but with a different sound signature.
Soundstage wise, they are very similar... perhaps AK240 is a touch airier while MS-AK120 has a touch more depth.
Clarity, micro details, transparency are similar to me. However the sound signature as i mentioned is quite different. AK240 is towards the bright neutral side while MS-AK120 is slightly warmer and fuller sounding. Bass impact on MS-AK120 is more prominent and hits harder and more resounding. 

For the CIEMs i tested,
Soundstage wise: Lime Ears LE3SW > 1964Ears > Noble K10
Clarity/Micro details: Noble K10 > 1964Ears >= Noble 4 > Lime Ears

I was quite surprised given Noble 4 price tag, the SQ performs very well. However i found on certain genre/tracks, i didn't like the sound, e.g. on Michael Jackson - Thriller DSD, the Noble 4 sounded shrilly/thin/unnatural.
Given a choice, if i had to walkaway with only 1 CIEM, i'd pick 1964Ears V6/V6S as the best all rounder among all the genres i've tried. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #891 of 931
what i feel about v6s is every side is good ,but not great,kind of compromise product

I get your point, but the way you put it they come across as just middling. To my ears they are *much* better than that.

At least "very good" in all areas and excellent in soundstage and overall coherence. To my ears they bested the T1 (which I sent back) and more often than not I'll choose the V6-Stage over my HE-560s.

In a couple of weeks I get the full Noble line-up for a few days as part of the Pacific NW tour. I'm pumped at the chance to hear the K10, as well as seeing how the V6-Stage matches up with the whole Noble line, especially the Noble 6 due the similarity.

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #892 of 931
I get your point, but the way you put it they come across as just middling. To my ears they are *much* better than that.

At least "very good" in all areas and excellent in soundstage and overall coherence. To my ears they bested the T1 (which I sent back) and more often than not I'll choose the V6-Stage over my HE-560s.

In a couple of weeks I get the full Noble line-up for a few days as part of the Pacific NW tour. I'm pumped at the chance to hear the K10, as well as seeing how the V6-Stage matches up with the whole Noble line, especially the Noble 6 due the similarity.

wait for your k10 post
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #893 of 931
The V6 still wins hands down the best BA IEM I've ever heard. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #895 of 931
At more than 2X the price of the V6-Stage I'm expecting (and hoping) it knocks my socks off.

I doubt it. Above $1k the law of diminishing returns kicks in. The K10 handles micro details and imaging/separation with multiple instruments more effortlessly than the V6S.
However the soundstage is smaller than the V6S.
The differences are very subtle and you really need to scrutinize to pinpoint what little differences there are. Sound signature is quite different, and some might like it or not.
For me i prefer the V6S over the K10.

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #896 of 931
After a couple of years with unimpressive AlienEars duals, my ears have changed shape and I'm ready for an upgrade. The 1964 V6 looks like a good value and fit my budget, if they fit my sound preferences.

I'm basically looking for a good all-arounder. My go-to full size headphones have been Denon D2000s and Beyer DT990Pros, if that's of any help.

My biggest concern is that I'm p easily fatigued by highs. I can't wear the RS-1i for very long for that reason. Every description of the V6 I've read makes it sound like something I'd like, but the little comparison chart on the 1964 website shows the V6 as having strong highs. Should I not be worried by that little chart? It made me wonder if the V6-Stage was a better choice for me, but I'm not interesting in being overwhelmed by the low-end either.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #898 of 931
  Does the V6 beats DN-1000 and Heaven V in bass?

V6 is more neutral and bright sounding, bass quantity is lower than what you have suggested. If you prefer a bit more bass the V6-S would be a better choice

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #899 of 931
  Does the V6 beats DN-1000 and Heaven V in bass?

Yes it does quality. In quantity I think there is more bass in it than the DN-1000, but I'll have to recheck it. There is definitely more bass in the V6 than in the Heaven V. 

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #900 of 931

V6 is more neutral and bright sounding, bass quantity is lower than what you have suggested. If you prefer a bit more bass the V6-S would be a better choice

Well neutral doesn't have to mean the bass quantity isn't there, but my understanding is that the V6-S has more bass than the V6. But the V6 bass is not lacking to my ears (and I must have my bass). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back