1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 7, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #8,147 of 9,124
I have been guilty of the placebo effect.  Once I was EQ'ing a guitar and thought I was shaping the sound only to find out it was bypassed :blink:

Hmm placebo effect does has it limitation. For instance, one cannot make believe that one has a million buck in his bank account and a million buck appears. For that, it requires delusion and and a little ecstasy :D

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #8,148 of 9,124
What are some good < $300 silver litz cables?

Personally I like the Norne Therium 8 cores slivers litz.

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/silver-occ-litz-iem-ciem

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #8,149 of 9,124
Hmm placebo effect does has it limitation. For instance, one cannot make believe that one has a million buck in his bank account and a million buck appears. For that, it requires delusion and and a little ecstasy
biggrin.gif

That's a lot of deer
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #8,150 of 9,124
What are some good < $300 silver litz cables?

I'm testing the Rhapsodio RSD Silver Litz, which I am borrowing from a forum member. It's quite nice with the U12.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #8,151 of 9,124
  I have been guilty of the placebo effect.  Once I was EQ'ing a guitar and thought I was shaping the sound only to find out it was bypassed
blink.gif

Done that too. Also, when I was getting started on digital boards, I would pfl a channel, adjust it, only to realize after the fact that I hadn't selected that channel and was adjusting another channel.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #8,153 of 9,124
That's a lot of deer :D

I tried without the UEBJ and I can't do it man. The bass has lost its punchiness, espelecially sub bass and it's bleeding massively into the mids while the mid bass has become bloated again. If you think that's the best CIEM you've ever heard than more power to you but it isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I love A12 when it's configured properly to my tastes.
High end is so recessed some high notes are hard to hear in some songs, especially cymbals. That is probably why their new flagships have more end.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #8,154 of 9,124
I tried without the UEBJ and I can't do it man. The bass has lost its punchiness, espwlecially sub bass ans it's bleesing into the mids while thr mid bass has become bloated again. If you think that's the best CIEM you've ever heard than more power to you but it isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I live A12 when it's configured properly to my tastes.

UEBJ sounds compressed to me. I prefer other impedance adaptors, but not for all genres of music.

The best thing about the a12 is how much of a chameleon it is. Change ADEL to any of the modules (or hell, even the Apex ones), change the cables, change the impedance, change the source. All of those things leads to an infinite possibility in terms of sound signature and enjoyment and it shows those changes more transparently than other IEMs I've tried.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #8,155 of 9,124
UEBJ sounds compressed to me. I prefer other impedance adaptors, but not for all genres of music.

The best thing about the a12 is how much of a chameleon it is. Change ADEL to any of the modules (or hell, even the Apex ones), change the cables, change the impedance, change the source. All of those things leads to an infinite possibility in terms of sound signature and enjoyment and it shows those changes more transparently than other IEMs I've tried.

It would seem to me a neutralish IEM would be best for noticing changes in gear not a bass monster.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #8,156 of 9,124
It would seem to me a neutralish IEM would be best for noticing changes in gear not a bass monster.

I disagree. It's easier to remove than add a preference I find with IEMs. It is easier to remove or shape bass than to add bass to something like the Zeus. It's harder to add treble energy back into the a12 but it's easier to tame the bass as well. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #8,157 of 9,124

You don't have to worry.... The whole impedance matching thing has no facts to back it up.  In fact adding any resistor to the circuit will degrade the sound.  All you need is a good amp to drive them. 

I am just trying an 75 ohm adaptor someone recommended here with my A12 und Mojo and experiencing very similar things. Sound is less bassy which makes voices more pronounced but the overall sound feels flater. don't like it so far. maybe I should use an amp/dac that doesn't add more warmth to the overall sound of the A12.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #8,158 of 9,124

You don't have to worry.... The whole impedance matching thing has no facts to back it up.  In fact adding any resistor to the circuit will degrade the sound.  All you need is a good amp to drive them. 

I am just trying an 75 ohm adaptor someone recommended here with my A12 und Mojo and experiencing very similar things. Sound is less bassy which makes voices more pronounced but the overall sound feels flater. don't like it so far. maybe I should use an amp/dac that doesn't add more warmth to the overall sound of the A12.

Yea. No matter what impedance adapter I tried(UEBJ,20,75,95,100,175,350 ohm), the A12 never pairs well with the mojo. I recommend a Sabre DAC based device. DX200, DP-X1 are they ways to go.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #8,160 of 9,124

Yea. No matter what impedance adapter I tried(UEBJ,20,75,95,100,175,350 ohm), the A12 never pairs well with the mojo. I recommend a Sabre DAC based device. DX200, DP-X1 are they ways to go.

I agree, and it's a shame that we have to find the "right" pairing to complement the sq of the iem in question. I believe it was Jason (jelt) who was having some issues with Hugo in terms of a pairing mismatch with his 2nd round of c/iem reviews. He ended up calling the companies in question, and they told him that the hugo was a no go with their respective iems, so he abandoned the hugo as a review tool altogether. Jelt?....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back