1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 6, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #8,119 of 9,124
  I though you used APEX modules and your A12 is APEX. When did you have an experience with ADEL and Asius?

I can use ether.  I ordered some MAM's and they never shipped so I canceled.  I prefer the M15 over the B1 however I wanted to try the MAM's.

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #8,121 of 9,124
Ah ok. What do you think of B1 vs M15

The M15 is a little more open and very nice clear bass.  Mids are a little more forward.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #8,123 of 9,124
  Do the APEX modules help with ear fatigue as well as the ADEL modules do? With the drama going on I might jump ship if/when I go custom.

I can listen for 10 hours a day for 4 days in a row and never a hint of fatigue with ether the M15, M20, or the B1's .  I think they both perform equally well as far as protecting your ears.  I wouldn't worry at all about buying their current APEX CIEM's.  They are one of the best CIEM's ever made.  When these ware out I buying another pair.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #8,124 of 9,124

Another thing I like about the APEX over the Adel is the that the isolation is way better with the APEX modules.  I think they should make an adjustable APEX module.  It wouldn't be to hard.  I think I could make one on my CNC /  Lathe.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #8,126 of 9,124

Do the APEX modules help with ear fatigue as well as the ADEL modules do? With the drama going on I might jump ship if/when I go custom.

Reviews like Brooko have commented that the APEX do not prevent pressure issues like ADEL do.

I have used both and they perform equally well.  When I use a non-vented CIEM I can only listen for maybe 2 hrs max.  No issues with the new APEX. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #8,127 of 9,124
And to be fair, the bulk of the drama has died down significantly. So if that's a concern, it probably shouldn't be a high priority anymore. I'm saying that for the sake of just wanting you guys (the customers) to have the best performing IEMs to your liking, regardless of APEX or ADEL.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #8,128 of 9,124

Reviews like Brooko have commented that the APEX do not prevent pressure issues like ADEL do.

Also... The new APEX CIEM can be fitted with the old ADEL (with a simple mod)  if you are worried. 
wink_face.gif
  However you may never get your ADEL modules even if you order them.  I ordered the M15's and had them in 2 days.  64 Audio has the best customer service of all CIEM.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #8,129 of 9,124
I don't want to open up a can of worms here however instead of tuning your IEM's with impedance adapters Why not tune using built in EQ? It is way better practice to tune with the EQ. ( I know I said a dirty word) however every piece of music you listen to has been EQ's by the mastering Engineer and every instrument has been EQ by the mix engineer.  If done properly EQ is a good thing.
We EQ tune everyone's body packs on stage as well as set a limiter.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #8,130 of 9,124
Yeah limiters are a good thing. I agree that eq-ing can be an invaluable tool, but many of the portables do not have very good equalizers, and it's hard to fine tune them. On the other hand some of the better quality daps have parametric equalizers, like the lotoo paw gold, and it's very, very good. Besides, the most important variable in how we hear music through iems relates to our inner ear anatomy. Equalizing can compensate for these differences, let alone an engineer whose ears have been damaged by loud music. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back