1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 2, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #5,926 of 9,124
But Jack also mentioned in another post that, the new announcement shouldn't change the state of how things are with the Olympus line-up, hinting that Zeus will continue being their flagship. Still no reason why you shouldn't consider buying a Zeus. :wink:

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #5,927 of 9,124
I've noticed a similar sound and I believe it is just the ambient noise increasing/decreasing and possibly the pressure escaping. Mine is not defective.

Are you guys referring to air pressure. Sometimes with the MAM, when the air conditioner kicks in, you can feel the pressure change. I think it's pretty cool and once you listen to music it's gone. 

Thanks for the input. The "air leakage" sound was most noticeable in a air conditioned environment.
I think I will give the MAM a chance to see if I could get the sweet spot.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #5,928 of 9,124
I'm seriously considering getting the MAMs, but I'm also paranoid about breaking my current pair of U12s and then losing backwards compatibility. I'll probably need to buy IEMs made of diamond to completely reassure my clumsy self...

My A10 was recently re-shelled. While it was being reshelled, I called up 64Audio to find out if it would be remade into an Apex IEM. I was told that my A10 would remain an Adel IEM. So I am guessing an Adel IEM would stay an Adel IEM unless the owner chooses to switch over to Apex. But I will try to contact them to see if it is otherwise. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #5,929 of 9,124
I'm seriously considering getting the MAMs, but I'm also paranoid about breaking my current pair of U12s and then losing backwards compatibility. I'll probably need to buy IEMs made of diamond to completely reassure my clumsy self...

I felt the same way even purchased a stand alone Magnifying glass to help

I didn't need it.  Very easy ! 

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #5,930 of 9,124
Hey guys, we're aware of the general confusion and speculative posts about the recent move by 64 Audio to the apex technology. Vitaliy wrote a letter to address these questions and provide more insight on the situation. If you have any follow up questions about the letter, please pm me. The letter can be viewed here http://www.64audio.com/blog/?p=375

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 2, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #5,931 of 9,124
  Hey guys, we're aware of the general confusion and speculative posts about the recent move by 64 Audio to the apex technology. Vitaliy wrote a letter to address these questions and provide more insight on the situation. If you have any follow up questions about the letter, please pm me. The letter can be viewed here http://www.64audio.com/blog/?p=375

Thank you for that. Is it correct to assume that the "multi-cell studio-grade TPE material" is a membrane inside the new apex modules?

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #5,932 of 9,124
Hi all I'm new one here and just register for this topic
Actually, I would like to know more about TIA because I just do impression and send to 64audio 1 day before this one is announced.

I think it's not fair for me. I just order the end game headphone for me but right now it isn't stand at that point due to Tia will come with the newest technology and it will come to the high end instead of A series.

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #5,933 of 9,124
Thank you for that. Is it correct to assume that the "[COLOR=333333]multi-cell studio-grade TPE material" is a membrane inside the new apex modules?[/COLOR]

@ezekiel77

No, the material in the apex module is not a membrane and does not infringe on ADEL or any of Asius's patents.

The material used in the apex module inside the pressure release mechanism is a certain kind of a multi-cell thermoplastic elastomer (aka TPE). Different material and a different system for mitigating pneumatic pressure but still achieves the same goal while improving on things like isolation and consistency of production.

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #5,934 of 9,124
@tinger,

I understand where you're coming from wanting the best in in-ear technology. Yes, the tia system was just announced but it's not coming to market until q4 of this year. That means it's still months away.

The tia system is a patent pending proprietary technology that has been developed by the 64 Audio R&D team. It's a whole new approach to in-ear audio. Utilizing frequency shaping acoustic chambers and front vented drivers it's sound would impress any audiophile.

If you would like to know more about the tia system visit this page http://www.64audio.com/tia

If you have further questions about tia or A series and apex please contact support@64audio.com

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #5,935 of 9,124
Hello everyone,

I have not officially introduced myself yet so here it is. My name is Vitaliy G. Forum name is Videl... just cuz thats my forum username everywhere.

I work for 64 Audio in R&D. I'm pretty much Vitaliy B's right hand. I will be posting here to answer people's questions regarding the technical aspects of our technology and products when I can and when appropriate.

I am actually pretty excited about becoming a member of this forum. And it is also pretty exciting to see the level of interest and buzz some of you have shown regarding apex and tia technologies.

I am looking forward to growing as a member of this community... and... all I can say now is there are some very interesting things coming in the near future. We certainly do live in exciting times!

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #5,936 of 9,124
Hello everyone,

I have not officially introduced myself yet so here it is. My name is Vitaliy G. Forum name is Videl... just cuz thats my forum username everywhere.

I work for 64 Audio in R&D. I'm pretty much Vitaliy B's right hand. I will be posting here to answer people's questions regarding the technical aspects of our technology and products when I can and when appropriate.

I am actually pretty excited about becoming a member of this forum. And it is also pretty exciting to see the level of interest and buzz some of you have shown regarding apex and tia technologies.

I am looking forward to growing as a member of this community... and... all I can say now is there are some very interesting things coming in the near future. We certainly do live in exciting times!

Warm welcome Vitally !
Looking forward to hear about the exciting stuff coming in the near future.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,937 of 9,124
Hello everyone,

Hi Vitaliy

I quite worry about Tia. Is it become a new top ciem instead of a12. If it true, can I cancel my order an full refund on it?

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #5,938 of 9,124
@ezekiel77

No, the material in the apex module is not a membrane and does not infringe on ADEL or any of Asius's patents.

The material used in the apex module inside the pressure release mechanism is a certain kind of a multi-cell thermoplastic elastomer (aka TPE). Different material and a different system for mitigating pneumatic pressure but still achieves the same goal while improving on things like isolation and consistency of production.

Welcome, and thank you for your answers (and patience). I love the A12 and sound-wise it still blows me away to this day. So you can understand the interest generated about the new technologies.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #5,939 of 9,124
Thank you guys for the warm welcome :)

@tinger,

I posted a reply about tia but it's waiting for moderator approval since it has a link to our website.

In short I myself can't answer all the questions regarding where tia will be in the lineup, price, or release dates... at least not at this point.

I can tell you that most likely tia will be released as a universal fit product at first... a custom fit version may follow right after that if all goes well.

Regarding cancelling your order I will have to refer you to our customer support as I don't deal with that... remember I work in r&d :wink: Please contact them regarding any questions or concerns..? they will be able to help you out. The email is support@64audio(dot)com

PS: Sorry about the support link... I can't post proper links until the moderators allow me to. Just change the (dot) to a period :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back