1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 31, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #4,489 of 9,124
  I'd say 12, 6, 10. There's not a massive difference between the 6 & 12's sound signature, other than the 12 sounds much fuller and lush. 12 has more bass drivers, so it can pack a more forceful punch than the 6, when it's called for. The 10 is easily the most bass-lite of the 3.

You might be biased, but do you think the A6 is worth the extra cash over the A3?

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #4,490 of 9,124
I own the A3 and demoed the entire line at NAMM.  I went with the A3 because it seemed like the sweet spot of a balanced signature and value for the dollar.  The U6 was excellent but I couldn't justify the price difference at the time.  I don't regret going for the A3 at all though.  Disclaimer: NAMM is a very loud venue so I probably could have heard a bigger difference in a quiet setting.  I'd love to someday have another chance to demo the line in a setting where I could critically listen.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #4,491 of 9,124

You might be biased, but do you think the A6 is worth the extra cash over the A3?

That's sorta a tough choice honestly. The 6 is a sweet spot for alot of people, but I should say that the 3 is hands down my favorite in the line up until you reach the 6. For the upped cost to the 6, you do get what you pay for, without question.

But would you see more improvement going from a 3 to a 6, straight out, or a 3 with a better source... That really comes down to what the person feels suites their needs best.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #4,492 of 9,124
As a happy owner of Qi's (2+ yrs now) with some 300+ hours of live stage use in 2015 alone, my A8's are close to "shells printed". My band is/are now 1964 endorsees and my lead singer's A12's are about a week ahead of mine.
Can't wait... 
gs1000.gif

FWIW - I went with the A8's vs the A4's (I play both bass and guitar, but predominantly bass now) as I needed new impressions anyway

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #4,493 of 9,124

On the topic of speaking w/ Vitaliy, is there any chance he can make a new video detailing the current production process w/ 3D printing?

I'll text Roman (Vitaliy's brother, that handles the videos) and bounce this idea off him.

Edit: There is a video in the works showing the process in the lab, however there won't be much focus on the 3d printing process, due to proprietary info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back