1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 13, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #4,021 of 9,124
  I have experienced a similar situation during the weekend. The problem was not present by Monday.

Finger crossed... the opportunity to upgrade to A8 with ADEL and new crossover circuit PLUS fixing my annoying fit issue is too just too good to pass!  Just wish it is less expensive...

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #4,022 of 9,124
Chris, out of curiosity, what were those other iems you tested/compared U8 against to in the shop? Also, how is the sound improvement with TWcu cable over stock?

Universal Angie and Layla's

Let me be perfectly clear. Those 2 universals have almost no low end and when the cable dial is turned it sounds like a mid bass lift not a sub bass one. The U8 crush em'. I was very strongly considering selling my U8 on Yahoo Auctions. I will get a new set because of the scratch on my 1st set and I woulda left it unopened and sold it. My ex800st review yesterday used the U8 as a straw man.

Today I found a fat tip that gave me a good seal and I went out to compare.

Bassist comes in 22 seconds in.

Using My Note 4 and Mojo the U8 stomped on the JH.

So...
I am keeping them and the cable might be total placebo but the whiplash sounds clean and deep.

******* LOVE this IEM after today.

Mojo lets you listen to both IEM at the same time and that is huge for me.

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #4,024 of 9,124
@Hawaiibadboy-Chris, glad you are really enjoying them brother. Are they going to make the top ten (high end or otherwise)?

They will go on the Hi Fi list. They will likely be the only BA driven set on the regular list as well. Without EQ they have an elevated bass response. With EQ they can be pushed to a point of sonic collapse but just before that point is a bass output that is comparable to Dynamic Driver bass aside from maybe the 5 best DD IEM. That is for 4 string bass guitar only though. Hip Hop is more confusing for me so far. The 4 BA drivers are unified and making multiple EQ boosts around 30,55 and 70Hz seems harder because of the design and science of balanced armature drivers. If I make one boost at 30 and another around 70-85 with a wide "Q" it works great for rock and bassists and drums. If I make an EQ for a Hip Hop track it may only work for that track and another like this:

Sounds off unless I EQ to the point in the master that has the main hit. The mids and highs are separate drivers so they do their thing all the time which is weird since a DD will **** the mids and everything when stressed while a BA will just **** up the bass while the mids and highs will still be there.  Kinda interesting and challenging. I don't understand the crossovers or intended freq tuning of the bass BA so I'm leaning on the old boost wide/cut narrow rule. Boosting wide like a "Q" of 3. near 70Hz works good where that might cause bloat with a DD.

Interesting stuff.   Mids are just filthy sick. Absolute awesome mids.

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #4,025 of 9,124
There are no plans for colored modules at this time, but that's an interesting idea. I'll bounce it off Stephen and Vitaliy. I'm not sure if colored metals are even an option from the machine shop that produces the raw module shells.

Thanks for doing that. Maybe with a process like anodization.

Also, is there any chance of getting the shells in a color besides black, clear, or charcoal? I wanted a translucent black faceplate and shell.

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #4,026 of 9,124

Let me be perfectly clear. Those 2 universals have almost no low end and when the cable dial is turned it sounds like a mid bass lift not a sub bass one. The U8 crush em'. I was very strongly considering selling my U8 on Yahoo Auctions. I will get a new set because of the scratch on my 1st set and I woulda left it unopened and sold it. My ex800st review yesterday used the U8 as a straw man.

So...
I am keeping them and the cable might be total placebo but the whiplash sounds clean and deep.

No Placebo affect. I have them as well and the difference is noticeable.

Mar 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #4,028 of 9,124
Thanks for doing that. Maybe with a process like anodization.

Also, is there any chance of getting the shells in a color besides black, clear, or charcoal? I wanted a translucent black faceplate and shell.

About the shell color options, Since they have started using the 3D printing process for their Adel series IEMs, they do not have the printing material in colors other than those 3. May be they might build one for you using the molding technique upon request.

Turns out, they are able to deliver a perfect fit 90% of the time with the printing technique (with the old technique they were able to deliver a perfect fit only 60% of the time).

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #4,030 of 9,124

I was not happy with my U8 at first but after comparing them at a shop today and with about 10 grand worth of IEM right in front of me now...I can re evaluate and say these are out****ingstanding IEM. (64 Audio U8)

Can you elaborate some on this statement please? What did you initially find lacking with the u8? What was it about the other iems that changed your mind on the u8s?

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #4,031 of 9,124

So...

I see this. So, then you were not getting a proper seal on the u8? With the proper seal sub bass presented itself?

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #4,032 of 9,124
I see this. So, then you were not getting a proper seal on the u8? With the proper seal sub bass presented itself?

As with most IEM seal is critical but for this set it was the difference between good mid and o.k. bass and awesome mid voice and authoritative bass.

I think the Tip selection with the U8 is kinda poor.  Foam isn't even the best for feeling that bass and there is no Large size silicone. Love the IEM but it requires rolling tips from other sets and probably larger and silicone for a good seal.

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #4,033 of 9,124

As with most IEM seal is critical but for this set it was the difference between good mid and o.k. bass and awesome mid voice and authoritative bass.

I think the Tip selection with the U8 is kinda poor.  Foam isn't even the best for feeling that bass and there is no Large size silicone. Love the IEM but it requires rolling tips from other sets and probably larger and silicone for a good seal.

yes tip rolling is very important with u series, I tried many tips and setled with the RHA and westone tips which are the best for me to get seal and get that amazing bass

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #4,034 of 9,124

thinking of maybe getting the A8 or A4. ANyone paired these with Fiio X7? 

Also with the A8, I know they are bassy, but does the bass overshadow the mids/highs? 

The U8 are not that bassy. They are clearly elevated in the low end but the mid drivers pick up early and clearly so their is no overshadowing.
Rock,Hip Hop anything.

I second that. They have a nice slam, but they don't drown the other frequencies. I really like them for that.

Cheers. A8 definitely in front for me at the moment. Are A8 and U8 set up the same sound signature wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back