1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 12, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #4,006 of 9,124
Is there a chance 64 will release a black-colored ADEL module? I think the silver module clashes with the aesthetics of some of the color combinations.

There are no plans for colored modules at this time, but that's an interesting idea. I'll bounce it off Stephen and Vitaliy. I'm not sure if colored metals are even an option from the machine shop that produces the raw module shells.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4,007 of 9,124
  ... What I’m looking for is something with fairly flat mids and highs, but with slightly increased low end. I’d like to feel the impact of bass without it overpowering any of the other frequencies.

With the above in mind, I quite like the look of the A4 sound signature. Any thoughts from A4 users? I also like the look of the A8, but with the even more increased bass response I’m worried that this would muddy the other frequencies. Thoughts? I was originally looking at the Shure 846. Can anyone compare them?

I too am interested in any feedback from A4 users out there. I am a bass player and have been considering either the A3 or A4 (for price considerations, I really will not go higher). While I know that the A4 will have more bass than the A3, I am curious just how much bass that the A4 has.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #4,008 of 9,124
Received a replacement cable for my A6, see here. I bought the cable in anticipation of obtaining a balanced DAP source which I've not yet done, but even running single ended I am noticing some improvements. I don't wish to fuel any debate over the value or lack thereof of aftermarket cables, just wanted to share my experience with Peterek's fine work.

Best!

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #4,009 of 9,124
  I too am interested in any feedback from A4 users out there. I am a bass player and have been considering either the A3 or A4 (for price considerations, I really will not go higher). While I know that the A4 will have more bass than the A3, I am curious just how much bass that the A4 has.

I'm a 2-yr+ user of the Qi's.. for live audio monitoring on stage.. have over 400+ hrs on them in 2015 alone.
That said, the A4 sonic profile is identical to the Qi's (when one could still do a compare - as they've changed the website).
As a bass player also, I can get stupid/silly bass in the Qi's if I want.. I prefer a little extra bass in my mix anyway, but  often LOWER the bass EQ levels in my mix.. they are not overly bass heavy, but can be if so desired!
Hope that helps.. I'm getting new molds done Mon and upgrading to A8's !! 

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #4,010 of 9,124
thinking of maybe getting the A8 or A4. ANyone paired these with Fiio X7? 

Also with the A8, I know they are bassy, but does the bass overshadow the mids/highs? 

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #4,011 of 9,124
  thinking of maybe getting the A8 or A4. ANyone paired these with Fiio X7? 

Also with the A8, I know they are bassy, but does the bass overshadow the mids/highs? 

The U8 are not that bassy. They are clearly elevated in the low end but the mid drivers pick up early and clearly so their is no overshadowing.
Rock,Hip Hop anything.

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #4,013 of 9,124
it's $499  for normal upgrade, they will reshell it, so definitely you will solve your fit issues...you may want to send anew impression though...for me, i will still use my old impressions. they still keeped the copy (digital) as what they told me....
but that's 4-5 weeks wait...$249 for rush ...that's what they quoted me...

Thanks! I also checked out the upgrade page and will send new impression. I suspected my audiologist didn't do as good a job as she normally does that time.

Anyway I tried putting in my info on the upgrade page but it wasn't working for me. A small loading icon appeared but it didn't take me to the designer page.... there is no error message or anything, just nothing changed after the loading icon flashes for a couple second. Sent an email to support and hope they can help me come Monday.

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #4,015 of 9,124
I recently bought a pair of Angie's and would like to try another pair, but don't want a pair that has a sound signature too similar, which would be the best pair from the range for me, in your opinion and would a ciem or universal be the best route?

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #4,017 of 9,124
Anyway I tried putting in my info on the upgrade page but it wasn't working for me. A small loading icon appeared but it didn't take me to the designer page.... there is no error message or anything, just nothing changed after the loading icon flashes for a couple second. Sent an email to support and hope they can help me come Monday.

I have experienced a similar situation during the weekend. The problem was not present by Monday.

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #4,018 of 9,124
  I was not happy with my U8 at first but after comparing them at a shop today and with about 10 grand worth of IEM right in front of me now...I can re evaluate and say these are out****ingstanding IEM. (64 Audio U8)

All those IEMs in the photo are part of your collection? Just curious.

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #4,020 of 9,124

All those IEMs in the photo are part of your collection? Just curious.

No way.
I'm not a "Collector". I just buy the best.

Chris, out of curiosity, what were those other iems you tested/compared U8 against to in the shop? Also, how is the sound improvement with TWcu cable over stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back